X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar

[CENTER]
    Sam (thinking):
    Sam thinking: That hair reminds me of salad fixings. And now that I think of it, I haven't eaten all day...
    Last edited by jckfan55; 30 October 2005, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
      Yeah, I'm no calmer today than I was last night either. This whole situation is rather surreal, isn't it? And I don't care if you're a really big fan of any other character or actor, this attitude by the writers has got to be disturbing. If they don't know what to do with Carter, I can't see any big Mitchell or Vala fan having loads of confidence in the stories that are in store for those characters. If they can't spin any ideas for a character with 8 seasons of backstory, then what hope should anyone have that Mitchell and Vala will have actual, authentic original character arcs? The mere idea that these guys, who actually call themselves writers, don't know what to do with Carter is unbelieveable. Then again, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. They obviously couldn't come up with a valid reason for Jack O'neill to suddenly vanish from the story. They obviously aren't capable of writing a logical scenario regarding command of SG-1. Hell, they obviously aren't too capable of writing Mitchell with anything even remotely resembling a personality. Vala, well, Vala has the "she's so hot" personality. Which is apparently as far as anyone up North can see when it comes to her character.
      LOL...so true and very well said.
      Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
        Merci or Thank you Lacroix

Humm ..yes I think so too .

Caty
        No problem. I'm south side Chicago born and bred. The reason I call myself LaCroix, is a tribute to a great classic called Forever Knight. Nigel Bennett played the character.

And it's also where my first viewing to AT since she played in one of the episodes. She played a great part and when I found out she was going to be in the show, I already knew of her talent.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
          No problem. I'm south side Chicago born and bred. The reason I call myself LaCroix, is a tribute to a great classic called Forever Knight. Nigel Bennett played the character.

i was wondering if htat was the story behind your name

loved that show even though i discovered it in the last or second to alst season

and it, like quantum leap and xena will go down as series with final episodes that the fans HATE
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
            Gillian has not taken a new role in a new show ..She moved to london and plays at the West end ..or she did last year ..Not sure what she does now . I know she is happy but would be willing to make a second X-files movie with Duchovny ..I bet he can't wait to make the film ..We haven't seen him anywhere since the film "Evolution"

As for Amanda , if the show is Canadian , don't they air Canadian show sin the US ..and where does Amanda live anyway ?!!! Will she have to move to Canada to shoot the series ?!!! it's a big decision if she has to move away but if the hubby wants to follow her , it may be alright!!! not sure what he does for a living !!!!

Caty

Hey Caty,

Yes Amanda lives in Vancouver - She has talked at several cons about the house she and Alan purchsed in Vancouver as a fixer upper - She refers to it as the "House that Papa Smurf on Crack Built" -

As for Canadian Shows yes some of them do get shown in the US - mainly on cable/satellite channels.

As for Proof Positive it did not do well in the ratings and has been canceled.

Speculation on MS is that he canceled a con appearance to go to LA to talk over a possible new major TV role deal. This could mean a new TV Movie, it could mean a new part in a TV show or it could be working out his SG contract.
            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam
              Another pic to keep the pages rolling....

Cool montage! Thanks for sharing, JanSam!

Just sayin'.
              MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
              sigpic
              Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Goodness-how much longer will this remedial class on Nox gender identification go on?

(Yep, cafine_us I think you're right. I keep thinking it's Lya, until I realize the hands are too small!)
                Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                  That hair reminds me of salad fixings. And now that I think of it, I haven't eaten all day...
                  Don't think I can eat after hearing this AT news.
                  I guess us people who feared Vala would replace Carter were not all paranoid.
                  I guess all the Vala people who hated on Carter did so for a reason.

It is beyond my comprehension how a show that has been successful for 9 years could be forced into a "formula" which all other failed scifi shows have used.

Maybe TPTB are just sick of the show and really want it to end so they are killing it on purpose. Maybe RCC knows this and wants AT to go get another job while her stock is high because he knows its about to plummet with the rest of the cast and writers of this show. Mabye MS is thinking the same thing. Maybe RDA and TR and DSD all saw it coming too. Maybe a few of TPTB like Peter DeLuise and Martin Gero have done a good job sheilding us from this in the last couple of months. Joe on the other hand I am disappointed in, but then maybe he has been trying to sheild us too or maybe he is a proponent of the new (soon to be failed) scifi cliche direction.
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Hey, Just got back from the con

Just want to point out Amanda said she went up to Rob and spoke to him. She didn't call him. He was busy with something and Amanda knew the others had been asked to come back and mentioned CJ, MS, Beau and CB in this. Rob was busy doing something and Amanda asked if there was a problem and Rob just said "No problem - we just don't know what to do with Sam next season" Amanda herself then said on stage that she then thought that this meant that there was definatley a problem - meaning not to know what to do with Sam, and that they were maybe thinking of her crossing with Atlantis. The cojntract is for 20 eps but Amanda doesn't know how many in each show or in what capacity - but it implies she can not be a permanent part of SG1.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      i was wondering if htat was the story behind your name

loved that show even though i discovered it in the last or second to alst season

and it, like quantum leap and xena will go down as series with final episodes that the fans HATE
                      Oh Quantum Leap. I loved that show and Scott Bakula and the stories it presented. The ending was definitely a WTH (or WTF, if you prefer ) moment.

Take No Prisoners Sam
                      Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                      My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Oh Amanda didn't get her contract till a week last friday

Comment

ok, let's pretend

if we were to have a 10 episode marathon for Samanda's Milennial Celebration, what 10 eps would you choose?

deadman's switch - it not only has some sam whumpage, but i LOVE aris. he's so much fun

foothold - in one word, girl power. Sam saves the day...and she does it pretty much by herself and outside of the chain of command.

tokra 1 & 2 - some lovelly sam angst and we get a glimpse into jolinar

Jolinar's mems and tdyk - still more insight into jols and we also get to see just how much her friends like and will work for her. they go to hell to save her dad...friends do that

itlod - the beginnig of sam's wonderful arc. and she does such a great job portraying herself as possessed

gemini - for as much as sam gets reamed for this, we get some great insight into her. we get a hint just how bad it was with fifth and we also get to see her try to deal with it. and two sams, no waiting.....AD is in heaven

death knell - i love whumped sam, i'm so bad. but i also love that she can take care of herself. except for one little miscalculation she almost took out a super soldier all on her own...something even teal'c hasn't managed to pull off

night walkers - yeah, it was a bit of an homage to x-files...but sam is in leather, and she gets to slap jonas. it's all fun

next???
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coley

Just want to point out Amanda said she went up to Rob and spoke to him. She didn't call him. He was busy with something and Amanda knew the others had been asked to come back and mentioned CJ, MS, Beau and CB in this. Rob was busy doing something and Amanda asked if there was a problem and Rob just said "No problem - we just don't know what to do with Sam next season" Amanda herself then said on stage that she then thought that this meant that there was definatley a problem - meaning not to know what to do with Sam, and that they were maybe thinking of her crossing with Atlantis. The cojntract is for 20 eps but Amanda doesn't know how many in each show or in what capacity - but it implies she can not be a permanent part of SG1.
                            Thanks, I will now definity start looking for somthing else to become obessed with next year as it obviously wont be stargate. On a good note the Bengals are average enough this year that they may actually be good next year so I can look forward to that. Then theres always the possiblity that a meteor or something will hit earth ending all life as we know it so I really wont have to worry about TV anymore... yea see, that makes me feel better already.
                            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Here are some more Behind the Scenes Pictures

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Coley

Thanks for the info. How did people in the audience react? Shocked gasps? Boos & hisses against RCC?

Comment

Working...
                                X