Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    How intriguing it is to go to other forums and read posts by people who don't like or even hate Carter say what a raw deal Amanda's being given. I ignore the few that dance with glee (very small group that they are) and am gratified to see that this idea is pretty much panned universally.

So, amazingly, the SG fanbase is pretty much united on two major issues...one, the stupidity of having a newbie greenhorn with no real purpose lead SG-1 over Sam and two, that having Sam's role diminish/disrespecting Amanda is a bad idea.

And I thought the fanbase was much more fractured than that.

Hey...at least we can all agree on something.
    I agree, it's nice to know how much Sam/Amanda is appreciated across the fandom, it feels kinda good to know that we are not alone. And I am sure Amanda will see the same response this weekend.

I cross my fingers, toes, ... , and hope that everything will work out the way it's best for her, whatever that may be. I hope she enjoys this weekend with her fans.

And just cause, from my very first post in this thread:

Hic Comitas Regit !!!

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Well all the talk about what AT said at the GABIT con has gone along way toward pushing th ethread toward 1,000 pages this weekend. To bad it's not the party atmosphere I'm sure many were hoping for the weekend.

I'm not going to comment tonight about the news because as a few of you know this is a trying weekend for me personally. So y'all talk it up - work out your frustrations and feelings - but play nice - I think AT was honest about what is happening to her, shes feeling hurt, and yup not being treated right by some folks. But I would bet she will not bash anyone over what is happening - so support her I will but I will not go the way of calling others names since that does no one any good and only makes people not respect our feelings or opinions.

Take care everyone - I'm off to bed - hopefully the sun will shine brighter tomorrow -

*** please don't read anything into this post that is not there - it's been a really rough week and if I don't try to look at things in there best light currently life would just be to hard. -Peace and love to all-
      My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

I'm so glad to hear that Amanda was able to get the book from Astro!! Loved the pictures from con thus far. I think there is a Q/A session for later today for those at GABIT! I look forward to hearing from them and hearing how ChopinGal enjoyed the small gathering of fans with Amanda on Friday night.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
          I agree, it's nice to know how much Sam/Amanda is appreciated across the fandom, it feels kinda good to know that we are not alone. And I am sure Amanda will see the same response this weekend.

I cross my fingers, toes, ... , and hope that everything will work out the way it's best for her, whatever that may be. I hope she enjoys this weekend with her fans.

And just cause, from my very first post in this thread:

Hic Comitas Regit !!!
          Hey, what's not to love about Amanda? I've been a huge Amanda fan from day one. I was lucky enough to meet her a couple of years back, and she's just a really fantastic girl!
          I've been a little distracted by Atlantis lately, because it's been on tv most recently (Love Torri and Joe! They're too cool!), but I still ove Stargate.
          You know what I love? the fact that there's no-one on that show who can say anything even remotely negative about Amanda! Everyone says how happy and positive she is all the time, and how she's so friendly to absolutely everything. She's just a great girl!

Comment

Wow. I just came in to see if any GABIT reports had come in and then I read that news. I'm very confused and don't really know what to say but I guess I'll reserve judgement until we find out more. Still, *HUGS* all around and positive thoughts, guys.

Comment

Much needed AT pix

plus i think that these are beautiful

so adorable

***HUGS AND KISSES AMANDA***
              Stargate Pants Girl
              (a.k.a. Teryl's Pants Girl)
              Mak tal shree! Lo tak meta satak Oz!

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                Well all the talk about what AT said at the GABIT con has gone along way toward pushing th ethread toward 1,000 pages this weekend. To bad it's not the party atmosphere I'm sure many were hoping for the weekend.

I'm not going to comment tonight about the news because as a few of you know this is a trying weekend for me personally. So y'all talk it up - work out your frustrations and feelings - but play nice - I think AT was honest about what is happening to her, shes feeling hurt, and yup not being treated right by some folks. But I would bet she will not bash anyone over what is happening - so support her I will but I will not go the way of calling others names since that does no one any good and only makes people not respect our feelings or opinions.

Take care everyone - I'm off to bed - hopefully the sun will shine brighter tomorrow -

*** please don't read anything into this post that is not there - it's been a really rough week and if I don't try to look at things in there best light currently life would just be to hard. -Peace and love to all-
                tsaxlady, your comments and wonderful pics were so appreciated. I hope you rest well tonight and have a better day tomorrow.

Just sayin' I'm sending good thoughts your way, too.
                MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                sigpic
                Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                  I'm so glad to hear that Amanda was able to get the book from Astro!! Loved the pictures from con thus far. I think there is a Q/A session for later today for those at GABIT! I look forward to hearing from them and hearing how ChopinGal enjoyed the small gathering of fans with Amanda on Friday night.
                  Same here, ann_sgcfan! Astro put so much love and labor into it and now its finally where she intended. Good news, that!

The pics from Gabit look great, I can't wait for more. I hope everyone took LOTS and LOTS of pictures (I do! I'm fanatical that way ) and of course, post them. Wonder if they'll post here or on their Gabit Attendees thread? Oh, please, post here, Samandans!

Just sayin', that news notwithstanding, sounds like a weekend to remember always!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Boobala
                    Much needed AT pix

plus i think that these are beautiful

so adorable

***HUGS AND KISSES AMANDA***
                    Great work, Boobala! AT looks super in all of them!

Just sayin'.
                    sigpic

Comment

Stargate Pants Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Naeara
                        Wow. I just came in to see if any GABIT reports had come in and then I read that news. I'm very confused and don't really know what to say but I guess I'll reserve judgement until we find out more. Still, *HUGS* all around and positive thoughts, guys.
                        Hugs are always welcome here, Naeara. One backatcha!

Just sayin', we'll roll on!
                        sigpic

Comment

This next one is my favourite, i just love it...

Stargate Pants Girl

Comment

Spicy Amanda rocks, Boobala!

Just sayin'.
                            sigpic

Comment

This next one is my favourite, i just love it...

Awesome!

Just sayin'.
                              sigpic

Comment

Oh and I SO totally love this one ...

Really Hott
                                Stargate Pants Girl

Comment

Working...
                                X