Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Myrth
    Sure But dumb question from someone who doesn't venture outside this thread much.. where is Joe's blog?

Ta
    Joe's Blog Post in the latest entry.

And remember people, I don't want to see flame wars erupting. Let's try and keep it civil

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
      Mini, I like the idea and the intention, but I'd feel a little more inclined to PM him with our feelings than post in the blog. It's already up to some 285 posts (last time I looked) and I'm not sure even Joe will read all of those. What does everyone else think?
      Oh, he reads them all. Every one.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
        Mini, I like the idea and the intention, but I'd feel a little more inclined to PM him with our feelings than post in the blog. It's already up to some 285 posts (last time I looked) and I'm not sure even Joe will read all of those. What does everyone else think?
        Well, we can always voice our support on his newer entry when he does it

Comment

Despite that little banner manip... I love the idea of Carter & Vala interacting and that dynamic being explored on the show... hence this news is disappointing on that front too... please don't think that banner is an attack on Claudia or Vala... but I'm not happy about the replacement concept.. to me it's ridiculous and premature.. again.. I'm just hoping I'm wrong
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
            Well, we can always voice our support on his newer entry when he does it
            And on every other entry he makes between now and ... whenever.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
              Had a busy day today and a busy one tomorrow that'll keep me away from the PC. (And the extra hour we gain by "falling back" tonight won't seem to help!)

But... I'm not much in a talking mood. Howzabout some pretty pictures? I haven't scrubbed any more of my caps lately, so I don't really have anything new to offer... but I can contribute a few smiles I hope...

First, though, how about a caption?

CAPTION ME!
              Jack: Carter?Are you sure the Goa'uld infilitrated RCC?
              Sam: Oh, yeah. I'll take lead on this one. Sir.

Just sayin'.
              MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
              sigpic
              Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

I just have this eery feeling that they really are going to turn Stargate into Farscape:TNG

Jack--->Mitchell
                Sam--->Vala

Oh, well...perhaps Sam can move to DC to finally be with Jack!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                  Oh, well...perhaps Sam can move to DC to finally be with Jack!
                  No! She's going to learn to 'crossover' so she can be with Janet again!

Comment

This weekend has been insance. First I read that it
                    Spoiler:
                    Michael could possibly leave
                    and now Amanda. My Stargate viewing has already been reduced to just the 1st run on Fridays...looks like it'll be reduced even more if this happens.

No matter what "spin" RCC and his boys try to put on this, it just reeks of wrongness.
                    sigpic

Comment

One thing we will NOT have here, condone here or even start here is ANYTHING even remotely resembling a 'save sam carter' campaign

if you want to write to support her, fine. but we will respect her and her wishes. We will also behave when talking about other members of the cast and crew.

Samanda is a happy place and we won't turn it into some 'anti everyone else' place.
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        One thing we will NOT have here, condone here or even start here is ANYTHING even remotely resembling a 'save sam carter' campaign

if you want to write to support her, fine. but we will respect her and her wishes. We will also behave when talking about other members of the cast and crew.

Samanda is a happy place and we won't turn it into some 'anti everyone else' place.
                        I agree. Not only because I do like everone else on Stargate, but going all 'anti' on people just incites flamewars. And I dont want flamewars

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                          Wow, it's amazing how nervous this thread gets in the timespan it takes me to catch up on the thread.

Ok, here is a brief synopsis of what was told to us today at Gabit via Amanda. Please, please, please do not do or say anything rash until others have had a chance to post something as well as I'm very worried I may have misinterpreted what was said.

According to Amanda she recently found out that all the members of the cast had been approached regarding season 10: MS, CJ, BB as well as CB.
                          To paraphrase Amanda..."She said she called RCC and asked if the fact she hadn't heard anything meant she should be worried. She was informed that she didn't have anything to be worried about; they just hadn't figured out what they were going to do with her character as of yet. According to Amanda, there is a possibility that she will be working on Atlantis and SG-1. She has no clue as to how many episodes she will be on each. All she knew at this time was that she would be doing 20 episodes and that it may be split between the two shows. How it will be split she is not sure, nor does she know what she will be doing."

Needless to say, some people like myself, found this bit of information as quite a shock and were very disappointed. I can only hope the news doesn't mean what many of us assume it does. I want to try to remain positive for the moment.

Chopin Gal was planning to post a more thorough summary of the weekends events; however, the weekend has been pleasantly filled with wonderful moments of Amanda and although we were saddened by this particular piece of information the rest of the week-end thus far has been absolutely wonderful.

The people here at the con are fantastic. I have yet to meet someone who is not open and friendly. Amanda is as gorgeous as ever and there are no words to truly do her justice. She truly is one of the funniest and kind-hearted people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.

Regardless of what happens with season 10, I have been truly blessed for being given the opportunity to attend Gabit and meet Amanda. It will be a moment I treasure forever.

Kat

P.S For anyone who is interested, I have posted a few con photos. I apologize for their poor quality. My seat is located near the back of the conference room and they darken the hall during the Q&A session. I wish I could have provided better photos to truly capture the beautiful spirit that Amanda possesses.

http://spaces.msn.com/members/foreversg1
                          Nice reporting, ForeverSg1. We have enough info to think about. Glad you could still enjoy the fete and meet AT fans from all over. That part sounds so cool it almost eclipses the other stuff. And your pictures were fine. From someone who takes rolls and rolls of film pics, you definitely got some good shots there; esp like the ones where Amanda stands out in the black background. Good job!

Just sayin', it was great that you got to go and experience this ocassion that turned out to be momentous in more ways than one!
                          sigpic

Comment

Understood and well intentioned Sky.. I'm sure Amanda wouldn't be happy about her fans sledging anyone. In the spirit of Amanda's example.. expressing dismay with intelligence and respect would seem to be the thing to do.

Also I posted in the blog

Originally posted by Skydiver

sigpic

Comment

Just follow-up since reading some of the ther posts - don't get me wrong I would love to see AT take the other offer she mentions she has, if it's worthwhile and a good one for her and if she really wants it, as I woud love to see her tell the suits and PTB at sony/mgm/skiffy to stick their heads further up their a$$es and kiss off since I agree that they are taking her for granted, taking advantage of her and they are using her to prop up both shows at the same time. If, on the other hand, the SG1/SGA split is a better deal and if it means a continued role in SGA (the future of the franchise) after SG1 jumps the shark and tanks to its demise and she would be happy with SGA then whatever she decides more power to her. I just hope she is as far away as possible from SG1 when it does jump the shark and tanks - better not to be too closely associated with it when that happens (in S10 IMO. I heard somewhere that cooper's middle name is "shark".)

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
                                I agree. Even though this is absolutely nerve-wracking, let's try to stay positive. I see that some of our GABIT-goers are still online, so news might come in sooner than we think.
                                I just hope that whatever it is, was Amanda's decision and that it is what she wants, too. As long as she's happy with it, I am happy.

So, how about some friendship behind the scenes:

On Edit: I just saw that Kat posted an update. Thank you so much, and thank you for the pics, too. Amanda looks awesome, as always. Hope you guys are having a fantastic time, wish I could be there.
                                How appropriate are these! Nice timing for our SG1 family. Thanks for the memories, Dani76. Any more happy times out there!

Just sayin', bring 'em on!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X