• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lemme guess, she's not coming back for s10
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

it'd better be as simple as that sky. I really hope everything else is ok. I'm not used to Über sounding so serious though.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

I never could have imagined such a level of disrespect to Amanda and to her fans. I am so incredibly offended by their lack of regard for her as a person, for her contribution to the franchise over the years, for her fans all over the world.

I hope this stupid franchise crashes and burns.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
          I never could have imagined such a level of disrespect to Amanda and to her fans. I am so incredibly offended by their lack of regard for her as a person, for her contribution to the franchise over the years, for her fans all over the world.

What happened!?! I am really worried now...

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

I just hope it's not what I think it is.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

Did they cancel Gabit or something? Something's really upset you, and I need to know. ((((((((((Über)))))))))))) What's going on?????

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

ok guys, i've read a synopsis of what is to be posted....and since i know that many here will find this not to be good news, i would like to point out some positive aspects.

there ARE positive aspects to this and while one way may to see it as negative, in another way this is fantastic for amanda's career.

while there may be a certain lack of respect in one way, in another she is being offerered something with far more of a future than riding a dying series to the ground. IMHO, i will be very surprised if stargate lasts past s10 and this spoiler suggests that she has a future with the franchise and is being given an opportunity that the others are not.

while it may not have been handled in the best way, amanda and sam are being afforded an opportunity that could lead to employment for years...a LOT longer than i personally think the other stargate actors will have.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  ok guys, i've read a synopsis of what is to be posted....and since i know that many here will find this not to be good news, i would like to point out some positive aspects.

there ARE positive aspects to this and while one way may to see it as negative, in another way this is fantastic for amanda's career.

while there may be a certain lack of respect in one way, in another she is being offerered something with far more of a future than riding a dying series to the ground. IMHO, i will be very surprised if stargate lasts past s10 and this spoiler suggests that she has a future with the franchise and is being given an opportunity that the others are not.

while it may not have been handled in the best way, amanda and sam are being afforded an opportunity that could lead to employment for years...a LOT longer than i personally think the other stargate actors will have.
                  Atlantis?

edit: I'm just guessing wildly now in the hopes it's not too bad.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

my duty as a mod is to warn people to keep their expressions within the rules. It's not the most fun of news, but it's not the end of the world either. And it's also not as horrible as your imagination is making out.

I"m not trying to be horribly vague, but it's not my place to share stuff that i was told. I got a heads up as a courtesy and the only reason i'm saying something now is because i'm going to be getting dinner and away from samanda for a couple of hours and i don't want things to get out of hand while i'm gone.

Let us remember that it's not about us, it's about Amanda and her life and career. Let's respect that.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                      Atlantis?

edit: I'm just guessing wildly now in the hopes it's not too bad.
                      i've already said too much and i do wish to offer my sincere apologies to Uber and the others. I'm not trying to scoop them or to take away from their posts.....i'm just trying to keep things under control.

There is a silver lining in everything, and one of the beauties of Samanda is that we do try to find the silver lining.

sigpic

Comment

deepspace Quote:
                        Originally Posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                        I love Sam's relationship with Jack first and foremost...and I don't just mean the whole ship thing...I mean I enjoy their friendshippy moments too like from Ascension.

But I'd say after Jack, my favorite Sam relationship has to be Teal'c. I love their dynamic.

From Teal'c's culture, he could very easily have seen Sam as just a woman...I remember Bratac's impression of her:

BRA'TAC: You, you are among the warriors who defeated the palace guard at Chulak? A human woman?

Teal'c has addressed Jaffa women as "woman" too...so it would have made sense for him to see Sam as just a woman. But I never got that sense that he did. Or if he did feel that way at first...say in Children of the gods...he never showed it. Maybe it was because he trusted Jack...and if O'Neill had her on his team there was a good reason for it. So he reserved judgment of her and saw pretty quickly that she was more than just a woman, she truly was a warrior with a heart as strong as his.
                        I totally agree with you. Teal'c could so easily have had naught zero zilch respect for Sam because of her gender. Instead, he chose to see her as a warrior. (A formiddable warrior if I remember his wording ) And I think they both have a very stable relationship, one of trust, friendship... a kind of security I guess, each knowing that they believe the other worthy to watch their back.
                        However I also like her relationship with Jack, and I'm not talking shippy, just they have an amazing interaction with each other nomatter wha they do. It's kind of a friendship that goes beyond words, which is why I guess I've never wanted TPTB to spell it out for us .
                        I like her sister brother like relationship with Daniel. How they always at least try to show some interest in what each other are completely 'fascinated' by. How they stand up for each other (I'm thinking when Daniel tells Jack that Sam did the right thing by trying to communicate with the being in Entity).
                        I loved Sam and Jonas, she always looked out for the new guy. Helped him learn certain things about human culture/society. And how she was, I think, the first one to totally trust him and accept him. (I'm thinking that episode where Jonas gets precognitive visions, one moment where Sam's just been fried and Jonas is sitting with her in the infirmary. Wish I could remember it better.)
                        I'll hold off on Cam until I actually see Sam and Cam in an ep together.
                        I agree with you both. Sam's relationship with Teal'c has developed into something subtle and deep. He never underestimated her, or tried to overprotect her. AT and CJ just fitted their roles so perfectly it's a treat to see them on screen together. AT and RDA were just a serendipitous match, whether as ship or as comrades-in-arms. There are numerous examples of both playing off the other in a way that guy on Bravo channel who interviews actors would envy, I mean, love. With MS, AT has a slightly different mood, one of academic peer, but that they trust one another is clear when he dons military ops gear and follows her lead.

Fortunate for us they all worked so well together. Foresight some might wish has been maintained, but HEY, staying positive here. Sam's place in their universe is well established and she's uniquely qualified to be there.

Just sayin', did I say I agreed with you?
                        MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                        sigpic
                        Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

my duty as a mod is to warn people to keep their expressions within the rules. It's not the most fun of news, but it's not the end of the world either. And it's also not as horrible as your imagination is making out.

I"m not trying to be horribly vague, but it's not my place to share stuff that i was told. I got a heads up as a courtesy and the only reason i'm saying something now is because i'm going to be getting dinner and away from samanda for a couple of hours and i don't want things to get out of hand while i'm gone.

Let us remember that it's not about us, it's about Amanda and her life and career. Let's respect that.
                          If Amanda has been offered a new career opportunity, then good for her. If she's been sacked, not so good, but then it's better if she gets out anyway. I don't want to speculate too much, cause as you said, my imagination is taking me places I don't want to go. But I hope someone posts something soon, or else I'm going to be told to get off the internet shortly, not knowing anything .

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                            But I hope someone poss something soon, or else I'm going to be told to get off the internet shortly, not knowing anything .
                            Same here - Somebody say something
                            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                            love Torri

Comment

i've already said too much and i do wish to offer my sincere apologies to Uber and the others. I'm not trying to scoop them or to take away from their posts.....i'm just trying to keep things under control.

There is a silver lining in everything, and one of the beauties of Samanda is that we do try to find the silver lining.
                              We understand Sky, you are a mod, and it's your duty to keep things under control. I just worry that if it's bad enough for you to think it might get out of control, then it can't be good.
                              Still, thanks for the warnings etc... Hope you don't get into trouble for sharing what you have.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Ack. I hope I didn't go too far. Knee jerk reaction and all that...

Perhaps when the news is officially reported by ChopinGal that she'll be able to see it differently than I did.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X