Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tsaxlady
    Okay here is a clip from stargate-projects new interview with Martin Wood -

Remember when you read anything from Martin Wood he is better than Joe about vailed/half truths -

SG-P: You’re directing the episode „Grace Under Pressure“ what can you tell us about this episode? Some spoilers would be really cool!
    MW: I just saw the visual effects for Grace Under Pressure…they are so amazing! Rodney is in a puddle jumper that goes down…in the ocean…and it starts to sink- fast. You should see the vfx. I thought the ocean fx for The Eye were cool, these are light years ahead. And of course if you are familiar with the episode “Grace” from SG-1 you can probably guess that he gets a little friendly help from his own brain in the form of a hallucination…
    Spoiler:
    and of course, being McKay, there is only one person he would hallucinate…and of course being McKay- that person may not be fully clothed when he hallucinates them….

SG-P: Which season two episode is your favourite so far?
    MW: “Siege 3 and Grace Under Pressure”
    Now I don't know about anyone else but there is a part of this that really bothers me because it is once again, IMO, demeaning to the character (I am sure you can guess which part I am referring to - and of course Mr. Wood, as is with all of the other boys at Bridge who have a school boy crush on Ms. Tapping, loves it - wonder why!!??) I know it is just the immaturity of McKay showing through and I know - and thank God - it is not really Carter, but I just find this whole let's sex things up and let's use innuendo until we puke and let's shove this and that down the throats of the 15-16 year old boys we are trying to attract - it just makes me disgusted and continues to disappoint me and I wish, if they had to pulll this kind of crap - they would stick with caricatures like vala and leave Carter alone.

I, at least for one, am NOT looking forward to Grace Under Pressure just because I am dreading what these school boys will do with it. God, they couldn't stick to dragging Carter down in S7 and S8 now they have to move it into SGA as well. Sorry to rant on about this but it really does stick in my craw.

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
      LOL! Amanda looks like she's really dreading the walling-in! What is that in the technician's hand? Looks like a rubber duck. Amanda wouldn't be dreading that, would she? Kidding. Wonder what that is?

Nice pics, tsaxlady.

Just sayin'.
      It's a drill. I can't remember if it was the audio commentaries or an interview wear they were talking about have to attach the replicator chips to the wall and how close they were getting to AT.
      My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
        For friendship moments, how about when Jack and Teal'c show up at her house with pizza in Ascension?
        Yes, that was a telling moment! I wondered if the team ever spent time together off base, and this made me think they did. Esp when Sam declines and Jack tells Teal'c to call Daniel (about the "combat in a ring of jello."). Nice recall.

Just sayin'.
        MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
        sigpic
        Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
          It's a drill. I can't remember if it was the audio commentaries or an interview wear they were talking about have to attach the replicator chips to the wall and how close they were getting to AT.
          A DRILL??? No wonder she looks nervous! Thanks for the tip.

Just sayin'.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
            Now I don't know about anyone else but there is a part of this that really bothers me because it is once again, IMO, demeaning to the character (I am sure you can guess which part I am referring to - and of course Mr. Wood, as is with all of the other boys at Bridge who have a school boy crush on Ms. Tapping, loves it - wonder why!!??) I know it is just the immaturity of McKay showing through and I know - and thank God - it is not really Carter, but I just find this whole let's sex things up and let's use innuendo until we puke and let's shove this and that down the throats of the 15-16 year old boys we are trying to attract - it just makes me disgusted and continues to disappoint me and I wish, if they had to pulll this kind of crap - they would stick with caricatures like vala and leave Carter alone.

I, at least for one, am NOT looking forward to Grace Under Pressure just because I am dreading what these school boys will do with it. God, they couldn't stick to dragging Carter down in S7 and S8 now they have to move it into SGA as well. Sorry to rant on about this but it really does stick in my craw.
            binkpmmc, I know it's hard, but we have to stay positive. I don't do spoilers much because they usually give me heebie jeebies and oftimes for nothing cause spoilers are given out of context. We rarely get a clear picture of upcoming eps, as tsaxlady pointed out in a post just previously.

IF what you hear turns out to be true, that's a downer for sure. But there's also the possibility it may not play out the way you think, yes? Don't let the Dark Place claim you over this, come back to the Light, binkpmmc, Samanda is here for you! I'm thinking of a positive: AT's input could make this way less juvenile, so there's hope!

Just sayin',
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
              SOUND THE KLAXON FOR AN IMPORTANT GABIT UPDATE:

Just a quick note as I'm about to go to the first Q&A with Amanda in a few minutes.

I met Chopin Gal, Coley and 1Speed briefly last night. CG said that Amanda mentioned the book Samanda sent her last night at the cocktail party. She should be writing up a report about the night's events today. <snip> I'll try to get lots of photos today.

Hope you all have a great day,
              Kat

*jumps up and down exitedly*
              She saw our book! Yippee !
              And some Samandans have met each other !
              And Über, you absolutely rock for keeping us up with what they're doing .

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Wouldn’t it be nice if she has had the time to read the SaGC Collection all the way to that very last page with Kat’s kingdom picture? Well, maybe at least browsed the book to the end. It would take a really long time for Amanda and Olivia to actually read all the wonderful posts.

Oh, wait! There she is, and it IS the last page!

Thanks to Astro for the pic of the book. Here's her link to additional SaGC Collection photos. Thanks to Kat and PITM for letting us know (via CG) that Amanda received the superb collection that was compiled by Astro.

http://home.comcast.net/~1annex/SaGCBoundCollection.htm
                Last edited by SamFan31; 29 October 2005, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Fab work, Lys. That is just beautiful. Is that your quote? I love it's simplicity and touch of emotion.

When I think of friendship and SG1, I also get visuals of Sam at Jack's side when they go on missions. I'm not sure why I think of these as friendships when they are military-business. Somehow, though, there are times when her position and his shows a very high level of trust between them. I'll have to give that more thought, maybe pinpoint an ep or so. It gives me a chuckle that if an enemy saw Sam behind Jack they might think she was a female being protected. Boy would they get a surprise if they engaged Sam Carter!

Just sayin, I'll be waiting for more on Sam and the Boys; what a nice title!
                  Thank you. I love that quote too. I found it on this site. It's a quote from Albert Camus or Maimonidies according to the site.
                  And I agree with you, there are so friendship and trust scenes between Sam and Jack when they're going on missions. The scenes in the gateroom are classic and also whenever they exit the wormhole, you can see cohesion and closeness of the team.
                  Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                    Dear Samandans,

I need your help. I'm looking for friendship moments between Sam and the boys of SG1 (all of them : Jack, Daniel, Teal'c, Jonas and Cam). I'd like to have your opinion. What would be the best friendship scene, in which episode. I'd like to contribute to our 1000 page milestone with a friendship wallpaper. So, please help me. And remember, the main word is friendship.
                    Ok, to try and help my fellow Samandan...
                    I rewatched A Matter of Time last night, and I have to say, one of my favourite friendship moments is between Sam and Teal'c, when Sam is trying to work equations out on the whiteboard, and Teal'c asks if there's anything he can do to help, and Sam says something like, "Not unless you know anything about Quantum gravity", and Teal'c says, "nothing", and Sam says "It would seem neither do I."
                    Ok, so the wording was a bit different to that, but the whole scene, not just that little bit, was special.
                    I'll try and think of some others for you ok Lys.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                      Another great friendship scene. Here's the idea. How about you all post your most cherished friendship moments between Sam and the rest of SG1, let's say one moment for each member of the team and also your favourite team moment. I'll collect them and try to put everything into a scroll wall. The problem is that it's going to be huge, very huge and I'm not sure I'll be able to host it at Photobucket. So, here's the offer, I can send it by email to those interested once it's finished, maybe it's the best way.
                      So, please don't forget to post your ideas and the more caps you post, the better it is.

I'm sure our fellow Samandans at GABIT have a great time and will share everything with us as soon as they can. It must be really entertaining if we didn't hear from them earlier. I can't wait to know all they have to tell us.
                      Avatar is playing now in syndication (4pm EDT). Some really cool two-shots with Sam, Daniel; Sam, Teal'c; Daniel, Jack; Sam, Daniel, Jack; and I believe a nice team shot at the end. Also this is a pretty good Sam Scientist ep.

Just sayin'. Good luck on this, Lys, a lot of creative work ahead for you!
                      sigpic

Comment

Post #7403 May 17th, 2005, 12:56 AM
                        ÜberSG-1Fan
                        Re: Sam's a great character - spoilers for *ALL* seasons
                        Dumb question here...but when do we plan to start a Spankin' new thread??? 400 pages? 500???
                        Hmmm. "We were so much older then, we're younger than that now." Glad we stayed with the thread!
                        Hmmm. "We were so much older then, we're younger than that now." Glad we stayed with the thread!
                        Yeah, to think we came pretty close to starting a new one. We wouldn't be anywhere near 1000 if we had .

I just want to give thanks to Traveler, who's been runnin' the royal party for us while the elders are away. Keep it up!

So, we need FOOD!
                        Jello, cake, beans, what else can you all think of!?
                        Methinks maybe the paty will be a little less drunk with our Royal Accountant and her slow gin absent. Unless someone spikes the jello, which I think happened last year. *deepspace reminds herself to be careful of the jello*.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

While we wait for a report from GABIT how about an older con pics for fun

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Cake for all:

gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                              Ok, to try and help my fellow Samandan...
                              I rewatched A Matter of Time last night, and I have to say, one of my favourite friendship moments is between Sam and Teal'c, when Sam is trying to work equations out on the whiteboard, and Teal'c asks if there's anything he can do to help, and Sam says something like, "Not unless you know anything about Quantum gravity", and Teal'c says, "nothing", and Sam says "It would seem neither do I."
                              Ok, so the wording was a bit different to that, but the whole scene, not just that little bit, was special.
                              I'll try and think of some others for you ok Lys.
                              I love Sam's relationship with Jack first and foremost...and I don't just mean the whole ship thing...I mean I enjoy their friendshippy moments too like from Ascension.

But I'd say after Jack, my favorite Sam relationship has to be Teal'c. I love their dynamic.

From Teal'c's culture, he could very easily have seen Sam as just a woman...I remember Bratac's impression of her:

BRA'TAC: You, you are among the warriors who defeated the palace guard at Chulak? A human woman?

Teal'c has addressed Jaffa women as "woman" too...so it would have made sense for him to see Sam as just a woman. But I never got that sense that he did. Or if he did feel that way at first...say in Children of the gods...he never showed it. Maybe it was because he trusted Jack...and if O'Neill had her on his team there was a good reason for it. So he reserved judgment of her and saw pretty quickly that she was more than just a woman, she truly was a warrior with a heart as strong as his.

And we've seen it grow through the years and had some deep moments and some cute moments...from Matter of Time to Revelations to Paradise Lost to New Order to Gemini...

I love what Amanda said in the SG-1 SciFi midseason preview. She was asked by that skinny dude with the glasses (the guy from Conan O'Brien) about Sam and Teal'c's relationship...that there were certain moments and beats between them. She started to answer the question somewhat seriously and then he asks does RDA have something to worry about. Amanda turns to the camera and looks at it incredulously for a moment, stifling a laugh perhaps (she has to do that alot...she should get extra pay for that kind of work)...and she said, "I think if he doesn't step up to the plate and start, you know, acting like a real man, then maybe he DOES have something to worry about. That's all I'm gonna say." And then she giggles.
                              Last edited by Uber; 29 October 2005, 12:57 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                                The Royal Documentarian (yours truly) is trying to come up with ideas for a special documentary depicting the history of Samanda in honor of the 1000th Page Gala coming up, but I need some help in recapping some of our major milestones. If anyone has a general idea of WHERE certain posts were, that'd be great. You don't have to find the original if you don't have the time, but if you DEFINITELY know, that'd be awesome.

The Documentary Will Include:

*First Steps: The very first post on Samanda by the lovely and talented threadstarter (and perhaps an exclusive, never-before-read interview)
                                *Samanda: The Birth of a Kingdom
                                *Kindness Reigns Here: The Creation of Our Motto
                                *Pieces To The Puzzle: The Royal Positions and how everyone contributes
                                *When You're Out of Green Jello: The very first post of Blue Jello
                                *A Picture Says A Thousand Words: Memorable pics and manipulations of Sam/Amanda and members of Samanda
                                *Sam-antics: Humorous quotes/inside jokes/tangents
                                *Some of the most inspirational first few posts here on Samanda from last year - these are open to whatever anyone suggests, as there's no criteria for "most inspirational"
                                *The Heart of Samanda: Memorable quotes from new and old Samandans, artwork and projects, quotes from AT, and perhaps some great highlights from GABIT as remembered by some of the lucky GW members who attended

If anyone's interested in helping me find some of this stuff, let me know!
                                wow spaz, you got a lot of work there!
                                I'll have a look through some of the archives if I get time, but here's a little suggestion; try to find astro's index page, it links to a lot of good stuff, and even if it doesn't link to the first post of something, you may be able to follow it back from there. Also, make use of the gateworld search function. Oh, and finding the old link to the SAGC collection might provide you with a selection of good posts? Hope someone helps you out better than that . And if you want good pics, Kat has a whole lot (I'm not sure if they're hosted at image shack or at a blog now) and on astro's webpage there are fantastic screencaps.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Working...
                                X