Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
    The Royal Documentarian (yours truly) is trying to come up with ideas for a special documentary depicting the history of Samanda in honor of the 1000th Page Gala coming up, but I need some help in recapping some of our major milestones. If anyone has a general idea of WHERE certain posts were, that'd be awesome. You don't have to find the original if you don't have the time, but if you DEFINITELY know, that'd be awesome.

The Documentary Will Include:

*First Steps: The very first post on Samanda by the lovely and talented threadstarter (and perhaps an exclusive, never-before-read interview)
    *Samanda: The Birth of a Kingdom
    *Kindness Reigns Here: The Creation of Our Motto
    *Pieces To The Puzzle: The Royal Positions and how everyone contributes
    *When You're Out of Green Jello: The very first post of Blue Jello
    *A Picture Says A Thousand Words: Memorable pics and manipulations of Sam/Amanda and members of Samanda
    *Sam-antics: Humorous quotes/inside jokes/tangents
    *Some of the most inspirational first few posts here on Samanda from last year - these are open to whatever anyone suggests, as there's no criteria for "most inspirational"
    *The Heart of Samanda: Memorable quotes from new and old Samandans, artwork and projects, quotes from AT, and perhaps some great highlights from GABIT as remembered by some of the lucky GW members who attended

If anyone's interested in helping me find some of this stuff, let me know!
    All you need do is look for MY posts. They'll solve all of your needs.

Wow. That was obnoxious even for me.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

OK. I'm dying here.

Someone give me something. A bite. OK, a nibble.

A sliver?

Surely someone's communicated with ONE of the lucky ba-GABITEERS this evening?!?!?!?
      No?
      Fine.
      For those of you who don't know me: I'm just kidding...
      Sort of.
      What does anyone think our Samandans are doing besides attending the Royal Court? Thanks for the green chip, Dancer. Gave me these ideas:

Things Samandans are Doing in London when Not Attending Royal Court

- Riding a trolley and getting lost
      - Getting sodden from the fog/rain (is this that season there?)
      - Losing $ trying to use pounds and pence
      - Walking on the wrong side of the sidewalk
      - Calling the underground the subway (ok, I know some are FROM the UK)

What does anyone else think? Fun speculations, please!

Just playin', Just sayin'.
      MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
      sigpic
      Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        All you need do is look for MY posts. They'll solve all of your needs.

Hmmm... Well, see, it's off-color remarks like this that will "accidentally" find themselves in the documentary, ya know?

That part of the documentary will be called, "When Samandans Get Big Heads: A True Tale of How Über Couldn't Fit Through Gate."

That particular segment's gonna win me some awards, I tell ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
          What does anyone else think? Fun speculations, please!

Just playin', Just sayin'.
          I don't think this counts, but I have these visions of some of our finest Samandans with their heads bowed down, writing notes furiously on a pad of paper, while listening to Amanda talk, when suddenly something catches their attention and they slowly come to a stop, until they're no longer writing, and are just watching and listening, awestruck by whatever Amanda is saying.

The same goes for our lovely photographers. Their arms are stuck in mid-air, with their finger poised right above the button, but nothing happens, because they're transfixed on whatever Amanda is talking about.

Finally, a security guard will come over and politely ask the poor Samandan to put down his/her hand so that others can see...

Needless to say, all intents to take notes and pictures will be lost...

Out of immense guilt, one of the lovely Samandans who brought a laptop with them will help AT sign up on GW and post a message to Samanda... Wait. Sorry... I went from "regular visions" to fangirl insanity. My bad.

Hey, question: What DO you call the underground transportation in London?!

Comment

Hmmm... Well, see, it's off-color remarks like this that will "accidentally" find themselves in the documentary, ya know?

That part of the documentary will be called, "When Samandans Get Big Heads: A True Tale of How Über Couldn't Fit Through Gate."

That particular segment's gonna win me some awards, I tell ya.
            And how can it but not, beloved documentarian??? Just be sure to get my name right.

That's O'Neill. Two LL's.

Wait. That's someone else's line. Mine is "that's ÜberSG-1Fan...don't forget the umlaut."

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

And how can it but not, beloved documentarian??? Just be sure to get my name right.

That's O'Neill. Two LL's.

Wait. That's someone else's line. Mine is "that's ÜberSG-1Fan...don't forget the umlaut."

Mmmmm... omlettes...

Comment

I don't think this counts, but I have these visions of some of our finest Samandans with their heads bowed down, writing notes furiously on a pad of paper, while listening to Amanda talk, when suddenly something catches their attention and they slowly come to a stop, until they're no longer writing, and are just watching and listening, awestruck by whatever Amanda is saying.

The same goes for our lovely photographers. Their arms are stuck in mid-air, with their finger poised right above the button, but nothing happens, because they're transfixed on whatever Amanda is talking about.

Finally, a security guard will come over and politely ask the poor Samandan to put down his/her hand so that others can see...

Needless to say, all intents to take notes and pictures will be lost...

Out of immense guilt, one of the lovely Samandans who brought a laptop with them will help AT sign up on GW and post a message to Samanda... Wait. Sorry... I went from "regular visions" to fangirl insanity. My bad.

Hey, question: What DO you call the underground transportation in London?!
                Ah but you are glimpsing into the future, perchance...as GABIT's opening ceremony literally begins in 1 hour and 3 minutes. And 4 seconds.

Not that I'm counting.

Comment

The Royal Documentarian (yours truly) is trying to come up with ideas for a special documentary depicting the history of Samanda in honor of the 1000th Page Gala coming up, but I need some help in recapping some of our major milestones. If anyone has a general idea of WHERE certain posts were, that'd be great. You don't have to find the original if you don't have the time, but if you DEFINITELY know, that'd be awesome.

The Documentary Will Include:

*First Steps: The very first post on Samanda by the lovely and talented threadstarter (and perhaps an exclusive, never-before-read interview)
                  *Samanda: The Birth of a Kingdom
                  *Kindness Reigns Here: The Creation of Our Motto
                  *Pieces To The Puzzle: The Royal Positions and how everyone contributes
                  *When You're Out of Green Jello: The very first post of Blue Jello
                  *A Picture Says A Thousand Words: Memorable pics and manipulations of Sam/Amanda and members of Samanda
                  *Sam-antics: Humorous quotes/inside jokes/tangents
                  *Some of the most inspirational first few posts here on Samanda from last year - these are open to whatever anyone suggests, as there's no criteria for "most inspirational"
                  *The Heart of Samanda: Memorable quotes from new and old Samandans, artwork and projects, quotes from AT, and perhaps some great highlights from GABIT as remembered by some of the lucky GW members who attended

If anyone's interested in helping me find some of this stuff, let me know!
                  Wow, that's some project! Love to spot out some; it's easier when I have down time at work. What form is your doc taking? Here, on line or your website? I'm spotting out early Samandan quotes that impressed me (in a positive way). Definitely majorsal's first post on this, her thread is worth it (I posted part of it last night to open the marathon.)

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1
                  Fan All you need do is look for MY posts. They'll solve all of your needs.
                  Well, not really, Über; I'm already tagging some of your early Samanda posts for quoting. And so many who we haven't heard from since their early participation made great positive points on AT/SC. Nothin' wrong with the ocassional self thump on the back. Ocassional.

Just playin, just sayin'.
                  sigpic

Comment

Ah but you are glimpsing into the future, perchance...as GABIT's opening ceremony literally begins in 1 hour and 34 minutes. And 4 seconds.

Not that I'm counting.

All Royal Documentarians have electronic crystal balls, ya know. Complete with their own lighting equipment and lavalier mics, too. It makes for a nice, crisp fortune-telling experience for all involved. And you think you've seen high-definition, before? It doesn't compare to this kinda clarity.

Oh, and the little umlaut-less Uber Countdown? Well, you're kinda making me nervous with anticipation that I have absolutely NO right feeling right now, so kindly cease and desist. mock- ...

Comment

They call their subway "the Underground!"

Just sayin', really!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
                        Wow, that's some project! Love to spot out some; it's easier when I have down time at work. What form is your doc taking? Here, on line or your website? I'm spotting out early Samandan quotes that impressed me (in a positive way). Definitely majorsal's first post on this, her thread is worth it (I posted part of it last night to open the marathon.)
                        Oh, this will be on the thread with as much pictorial input as this little spaz can handle. I don't have a website, because... well... yeah... I don't even remember what html stands for, ya know?

(And I still haven't mastered the art of posting pics. That's why "QUOTES" are our friends. )

Nothin' wrong with the ocassional self thump on the back. Ocassional.
                        Don't even give her a centimeter, TE1. It's dangerous.

Comment

All Royal Documentarians have electronic crystal balls, ya know. Complete with their own lighting equipment and lavalier mics, too. It makes for a nice, crisp fortune-telling experience for all involved. And you think you've seen high-definition, before? It doesn't compare to this kinda clarity.

Oh, and the little umlaut-less Über Countdown? Well, you're kinda making me nervous with anticipation that I have absolutely NO right feeling right now, so kindly cease and desist. mock- ...
                          Umlaut-less no more, Spazmeister. Oh and the time I put was wrong...it starts at 9:30 a.m. London time so now they are 56 minutes 7 seconds away from starting.

Comment

Oh, and the little umlaut-less Uber Countdown? Well, you're kinda making me nervous with anticipation that I have absolutely NO right feeling right now, so kindly cease and desist. mock- ...
                            Awww. You guys play so nice!

Just sayin'.
                            sigpic

Comment

Umlaut-less no more, Spazmeister. Oh and the time I put was wrong...it starts at 9:30 a.m. London time so now they are 56 minutes 7 seconds away from starting.

You know, altering one's words could be considered libelous...

Yep. The countdown is doing more harm than good, my friend. Now go to sleep, Lady! I'm doing it too. Eventually.

Comment

Did anyone notice we had two (that I recall) visitors from sister-Sam threads?

One from Sam/Thor Ship and the other from Sam/Jack Ship Family, to wish Samanda a happy 1000th page! I posted a "complimentary bump" on their threads as thanks. So nice for all Sam shippers to mingle. That cute pic of Amanda clowning around with the Thor puppet was so cute!

Just playin', just sayin'.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X