Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(((((((Über))))))

That's such a wonderful gift. I'm sure our Queen is going to truely appreciate it. And ChopinGal will give us a wonderful report on GABIT.
    Don't worry about it. Your gift is in safe hands with CG.
    I only wish I would a little mouse on GABIT to tell you when Amanda gets your letters (the 73 three pages of the first one and the sealed one )
    and your video.

Special Blue Jello for Über !
    Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      Okay I don't know if I told you all what I sent...but here it is.

I sent two letters...because one is never enough. Just kidding. I sent one letter from me to her telling her how wonderful she is, how much I appreciated her and the character she plays and I'm happy to say I kept it under 74 pages.

The second letter was a compilation of the thoughts that I had about TPTB being true to the Carter character with regard to ship...which I was asked to send. Actually, this reminds me...I need to send it to TPTB too since that's what I said in the letter to Amanda. This letter is sealed in an envelope though so she can hold off on reading it for when she's in a mood to do so. (I still say she's kinda burnt out on the topic for the time being).

Thirdly, I included a CD with a movie file of my That Girl video that will play on her computer.

Fourthly, I included a DVD of the video that plays on US/Canadian DVD players as well as her computer (if she's set up to see DVDs on her computer that is). This way she can watch it on her TV with the fam.

I made labels with images from the video for the CD and DVD...then I wrapped everything in a pretty silver bow.

I took everything over to the UPS store on Tuesday and shipped it 2nd Day to London. It cost me $59.34. This plus the cost of all the DVDs I bought (we're talking hundreds of dollars folks) plus the ton of time it took to work on it and therefore wasn't working on paying projects (now we're talking into the hundreds to thousands of dollars)...makes this one of the most expensive gifts I've ever given anyone. Ever. And we're not even on a first name basis.

ChopinGal is graciously hand delivering the gift to her majesty...possibly right at this very moment. I WISH I knew it got there okay and she had no problem picking it up. UPS confirms delivery but I wasn't able to reach her at the hotel.

ACK... I HATE not knowing stuff like this.
      that's awesome Uber. I don't know what else to say, but dedicating so much time and money, that's special. It also takes bravery. I would never have the courage to give someone like Amanda a gift. Ok, so I was a small part of the SAGC COLLECTION, but that was different, because everyone else was doing the hard work, and it was a collective present from all of us. I hope she gets it alright.
      And, by the way, it'd be nice if ya didn't go dying on us just yet, ok?

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

OH NO, DEEPSPACE. No formatting??? Have you never encountered the ENTER key??? What kind of cruel gal are ya?????? This may cause me to dish out my very first DING.

Oh wait...there's a problem...I don't ding people. Okay then, how about I write something mean and nasty about you here then?

Whoops. I can't do that either. I don't have a mean or nasty bone in my body and even if I did I couldn't come up with a mean or nasty thing to say about you...and furthermore, KINDNESS REIGNS HERE; so, both mean and nasty are out.

Okay then how about I settle for a (((((((((((((deepspace))))))))))))))

Great post.

thankyou Uber .
        And one day someone is going to have to tell me how to do the umlaut, so I can write your name properly.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
          that's awesome Uber. I don't know what else to say, but dedicating so much time and money, that's special. It also takes bravery. I would never have the courage to give someone like Amanda a gift. Ok, so I was a small part of the SAGC COLLECTION, but that was different, because everyone else was doing the hard work, and it was a collective present from all of us. I hope she gets it alright.
          And, by the way, it'd be nice if ya didn't go dying on us just yet, ok?
          Okay...I'll try. I could do with a sarcophagus nearby though for special events like this.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Okay...I'll try. I could do with a sarcophagus nearby though for special events like this.

What if she sticks it in a bag and doesn't get a chance to look at it for like - six weeks .......

{{ ducking! }}

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

heh, rather random, but when mini and uber posted after each other like that I noticed how great their sigs look together. The pics are kind of similar at the same time as being totally different.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                What if she sticks it in a bag and doesn't get a chance to look at it for like - six weeks .......

{{ ducking! }}

S-S-SIX WEEEEEEKS??!???!???!?

OOOOOOOOOOOH...if that doesn't deserve something.............close to mean..............

THAT'S...JUST...CRUEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

*Mary Beth runs off to find her security blanket and crumples into fetal position*

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

S-S-SIX WEEEEEEKS??!???!???!?

OOOOOOOOOOOH...if that doesn't deserve something.............close to mean..............

THAT'S...JUST...CRUEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

*Mary Beth runs off to find her security blanket and crumples into fetal position*

Aaarrrgggghhhh ! It's not a sarcophagus we need now, but a symbiote !
                  Does anyone know the Tok'ra intergalactic phone number ? We must warn Jacob, or better, let's call [B]ANISE[B] (imagine an evil laugh smiley )

Or maybe we'll need to transfer MB's conciousness into an Asgard.

Amanda is pleased with the gift Über sent to her and wants to thank her in person.
                  Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                    Aaarrrgggghhhh ! It's not a sarcophagus we need now, but a symbiote !
                    Does anyone know the Tok'ra intergalactic phone number ? We must warn Jacob, or better, let's call [B]ANISE[B] (imagine an evil laugh smiley )

Or maybe we'll need to transfer MB's conciousness into an Asgard.

Amanda is pleased with the gift Über sent to her and wants to thank her in person.
                    Awww. A Sam/Thor hug. I can always use one of those.

But still *sniff* MINIGEEK that was just...WRONG on so many levels. *sniff*

Comment

Wow...that took forever *okay maybe not that long* I'm glad this thread is back up and working!!! So is there an alternate sight should this happen again? Losing this thread during GABIT weekend is not a good thing. This is as close as I'm gonna get to GABIT. I can't lose the thread now!

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                        *nearly spews her soup all over her work monitor

Oh my frellin' heck...that would be HILARIOUS!! I'd love to see Amanda's interpretation of Claudia's Vala! I know Claudia's good at picking up other actors mannerisms (heck, she even got a puppet's manners down) on FS (For those clueless about my ramble, check out the FS eps from S3 "Out of Their Minds")! I'd love to see what Claudia would do with "Sam". teehee!

Great idea Sky!

*all ideas she has have already been brought up
                        A bit OT, but I loved CB as Rygel! LOL!

Comment

Awww. A Sam/Thor hug. I can always use one of those.

But still *sniff* MINIGEEK that was just...WRONG on so many levels. *sniff*
                          Awww... I was just teasin' ya, Ooo-burr!
                          Course I teased right before I left work for the day which I suppose was kinda cruel since I couldn't respond back until now! lol

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Hi guys it's me. I know no one will remember but I'm the person who once walked in, confessed to being a shallow young woman who spent so long admiring the SG1 guys (Read: RDA) she'd neglected well...Sam. After this stirring confession and promise to mend my ways (Which I did by the way. Don't hang out here but I greatly admire her onscreen) I mentioned how beautiful Sam/AT is in season 9. Mentioned how incredibly cool she is, and left. While I realize this does not make me one of you, I am hoping I can ask you guys for a favor.

I need Sam/Gate moments. Moment's with Sam and the Stargate. The first one that always comes to mind for me is the Pilot, but Jack in the screen a lot in that scene and I want just Sam and the Gate. It doesn't have to last long, and it can involve guns, action, any kind of mood just, the kind of scene you'd use if you were making a Sam/Gate ship vid. (Just for the record it's not. Although, it is an idea....)

Comment

Originally posted by melpomene
                              I need Sam/Gate moments. Moment's with Sam and the Stargate. The first one that always comes to mind for me is the Pilot, but Jack in the screen a lot in that scene and I want just Sam and the Gate. It doesn't have to last long, and it can involve guns, action, any kind of mood just, the kind of scene you'd use if you were making a Sam/Gate ship vid. (Just for the record it's not. Although, it is an idea....)
                              A Matter of Time has a great shot of Sam standing in front of the gate letting her dogtags dangle into it
                              And hahaha, Sam/Gate ship! I could go for that

Comment

WHY ISN'T THERE ANY WORD FROM GABIT YET????

okay, i'm alright....

what's going on at gaaaaabbbbiiiitttt!?!

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X