X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
    I loved those episodes as well!!!

I have two that I will add

Singularity - It showed her compassion! She stayed with Cassie the entire time acting as her "security blanket" after the little girl not only lost her family but her entire planet. Then she refused to leave Cassie. Sam kicking the elevator wall crying is my favorite Sam moment. I know it's a sad moment, but I cried right along with her. Hey if an actor can bring me tears, and make me feel what they are feeling, then they are doing a great job!! I was spoiled for heroes the week (the very week *cringe*) before so I knew what was coming. (still a sad scene).

Solitudes - Sam alone on a planet with Jack... oh wait this is the one Jack was in a lot of pain and dying I still really liked this episode ... Sam constantly fought to get home and take care of her CO with their limited supplies. I know some people think Sam gave up, but come on realistically. How long can you live only on water and no fire to keep you warm? You have no idea why the Stargate will not work. The problem is obviously on your end because the gate will not even turn. There is no way she could have thought she was on EARTH. Daniel didn't even think about it until the small earthquake triggered his memory of the early days of using the gate. Sam had a lot of weight on her young shoulders. I thought she handled it very well. We saw her struggle throughout and constantly fighting to the very end when there was nothing left for her to do.
    Yeesh! I don't know how I forgot these two... Very nice, Ann!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      The last episode with Sam will be the last episode for me.

Can we NOT traumatize the spaz, please?!

And SunKrux, I didn't know CB was so private, but I don't blame the poor women. I'm with Strix in not wanting to see ANY actor/character in that kind of position, but I do feel bad because actors like CN, BB and CB have a lot of pressure to bring home the gold. And when they don't deliver for EVERYONE, they most likely hear about it from SOMEONE. The Internet makes it too hard for them NOT to, I'd imagine.

I really hope they just laugh off the extremists at the end of the day and go on about their lives, because no one deserves to feel like that.

Comment

Originally Posted by SunKrux
        I'd hate to see Claudia stuck in the middle of a fan war as she seems to me, the few times I've seen her at cons, to be a very private person and I'd hate to see her feeling bad cause fans are rippin' her (and you know some would) apart because of Vala.

Originally posted by Strix varia
        I'd hate to see any actor/actress stuck in that position.

Yeah. me too. I'm not a big fan of the character's over the top personality, but I blame TPTB for that not CB. I think there is still hope for the character if toned down some. I have nothing against CB at all and I hope she doesn't get the same treatment AT has gotten from some rude people at cons. Neither one of them or any of the other cast members deserve it.
        Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 24 October 2005, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Yeah. me too. I'm not a big fan of the character's over the top personality, but I blame TPTB for that not CB. I think there is still hope for the character if toned down some. I have nothing against CB at all and I hope she doesn't get the same treatment AT has gotten from some rude people at cons. Neither one of them or any of the other cast members deserve it.
          What kind of rude behavior as been directed at AT? I have heard of some rude behavior toward MS. I can't believe any of the fans would be rude toward the actors. Mostly I've heard how enthused the fans were with the actors.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
            Feel free to spoil since I live in the States and refuse to roll out the cash for overseas shipping/etc.

I love my Stargate, but if I can't find it in my neighborhood Barnes & Noble or Borders, I'll live.

Spoil away!
            Um... it's like 340 pages of character whumping...
            Spoiler:
            Daniel's shoulder gets dislocated at least three times; Teal'c gets shot at least once; Jack gets beaten and tortured, Sam gets beaten, tortured, and gets her brain ransacked by aliens. They survive ship crashes, sink a city, start a war... great stuff.

From the blurb on the Fandemonium site:
            Following on from the success of their first mission to recover ancient anti-gravity technology, SG-1 set off to rescue Major Henry Boyd and the rest of SG-10 from the edge of a black hole.

But the rescue attempt has unforeseen ramifications which force them to confront a monstrous secret on the homeworld of the Kinahhi.

Maybe some copies will be on sale at GABIT that someone could pick up to save shipping costs?

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz

Can we NOT traumatize the spaz, please?!

And SunKrux, I didn't know CB was so private, but I don't blame the poor women. I'm with Strix in not wanting to see ANY actor/character in that kind of position, but I do feel bad because actors like CN, BB and CB have a lot of pressure to bring home the gold. And when they don't deliver for EVERYONE, they most likely hear about it from SOMEONE. The Internet makes it too hard for them NOT to, I'd imagine.

I really hope they just laugh off the extremists at the end of the day and go on about their lives, because no one deserves to feel like that.

Yeah, that is what all the actors need to do!! I'm hoping they do!!

Comment

Aw...Everyone's in such a state. We all need a boost, don'tcha think???

Hey! A round of Blue Jelloccinos for EVERYONE!!!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Um... it's like 340 pages of character whumping...
                  Spoiler:
                  Daniel's shoulder gets dislocated at least three times; Teal'c gets shot at least once; Jack gets beaten and tortured, Sam gets beaten, tortured, and gets her brain ransacked by aliens. They survive ship crashes, sink a city, start a war... great stuff.

<snip>

Maybe some copies will be on sale at GABIT that someone could pick up to save shipping costs?
                  *drools*

It sounds like fanfiction (heh heh, duh)... I need to read it... I need it. Now.

Mmmmm... Team-whumpage. My favorite. Has anyone ever read that fanfiction called, "Night Terrors," I believe... I think it's won awards, and it's pretty dang popular. Oh, so good. So, very good.

Maybe I'll just buck up and buy the novels some time after the holidays.

Thanks for the spoilers, Strix!

Comment

You mean to tell me people actually pay to attend a convention and then act like a rude moron?? Seriously? That is patently pathetic. I'd have thought everyone at those conventions was there to have FUN. I hope they threw those people out...

mini(the disgusted)geek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

MMMMMMmmmmm. Won't let me green ya Über but, THANKS!! My addiction to caffine is beyond all help.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

I'd hate to see any actor/actress stuck in that position.
                        Ditto.

I won't lie. About 98% of the time I loathe Vala, but I'd never rip Claudia Black apart for that. The acting was good, the writing was what was horrible. I've never seen any of CB's other works, but I'm sure they're great.

I still think they should shove Vala through the gate and tell her not to let the event horizion hit her on the way out...

but I feel no agressive feelings toward CB herself. Blame the writers for that one.
                        - Miz

Proud Samandan (blue jello all the way!! )

Proud Anti-S9 Forumer (Pro-Original SG-1)

SG-1
                        Not your average world-saving squad!!

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                          What kind of rude behavior as been directed at AT? I have heard of some rude behavior toward MS. I can't believe any of the fans would be rude toward the actors. Mostly I've heard how enthused the fans were with the actors.
                          I was not at the con personally. I read about some rude fans a couple of years ago booing her and making comments while she was on stage. What I can't remember is if they booing her or what she said. I was trying to find where I saw that, but no such luck yet, I'll keep looking. The person said it in passing like it didn't last long or everyone just ignored them or pounded them.

On the upside... If the rude fans had actaully met her they would have loved her. Everyone that has met her has nothing but good things to say about her. It doesn't matter if they are a Jack, Teal'c or Daniel fans they all have nice things to say.
                          Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 24 October 2005, 04:08 PM.

Comment

*drools*

*slurp*

ty I needed to chill for a min. Hmm...fanfics sound good...or maybe a BIG bowl of blue jello!

cyberhugs, amandafan
                            - Miz

Proud Samandan (blue jello all the way!! )

Proud Anti-S9 Forumer (Pro-Original SG-1)

SG-1
                            Not your average world-saving squad!!

Comment

I was not at the con personally. I read about some rude fans a couple of years ago booing her and making comments while she was on stage. What I can't remember is if they booing her or what she said. I was trying to find where I saw that, but no such luck yet, I'll keep looking. The person said it in passing like it didn't last long or everyone just ignored them.
                              Damm, they were lucky I wasnt there....

*strokes knuckle duster*

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                                The emu as the new big kickass villain is way cooler. Hallowed is the Emu ! Bow before the Emu !
                                ::laughs until belly hurts::

Yes!

Just the thought of the Emu as a kickass (squawking, pecking) red-eyed martial-arts terror of a villain is waaaaay cooler than any Ori ever, er, sparked.

"...the Emu's steely beak snaps out, propelled by awful strength of his muscelled neck. Faster than a striking snake that powerful beak pecks the stone of the Prior's staff with a sound like breaking plastic, and the stone shatters like a blue egg, greasy shards falling to the ground with dull and muffled plops. The Prior stares, slack jawed, bleached tongue a-loll, at the crumbled remains of his power - until the Emu lunges again, snapping the very staff itself with a powerful lunge of that vicious beak. The Prior stumbles back with a cry, but the Ori aren't listening, as the Emu fluff his feathers and his eyes glow like the fire the Prior thinks he worships. The Emu comes for him, beak up and ready, heavy-taloned feet advancing one slow and ominous step at a time, silent, and deadly. The shards of staff and stone crumble to dust as he tramples them, and when he charges, the Prior screams for his Mother and runs - but there is no escaping the power that is... THE EMU..."

Yes! Can we have the Emu for a villain? Please? Please? He's just so - so - villainous when he puts his mind to it!

::falls down laughing again::

(oh, man, am I gonna be in trouble with Duck Dodgers over this )
                                ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X