Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Myrth

... The EMU is hilarious.. speaking as an Aussie I think a galactic EMU is just what we need
    This just in from another thread:

*Emu. Rod Hull and Emu on Brit TV. Anyone else remember their act ? minigeek?!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/news/cult/...13/18477.shtml

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
      Just a gentle bump. It's so quiet in here lately.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b6.../What-the-.jpg

Sam wondering: Where have all the Samandans gone???

[/CENTER]
      Sorry I've been MIA. Only so many hours in a day, and I've been working on fanfic...

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
        This just in from another thread:

*Emu. Rod Hull and Emu on Brit TV. Anyone else remember their act ? minigeek?!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/news/cult/...13/18477.shtml
        I sure do! He did the talk-show circuit here in the U.S. way back and I loved him! I especially loved it when the Emu was "attacking" him!

On-topic: I've been MIA for quite a while. How're the Samandans doing?

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
          Hi Samandans

The EMU is hilarious.. speaking as an Aussie I think a galactic EMU is just what we need
          Do you think the Emu could become a Goa'uld in the storyline? I mean, the Emu's eyes practically glow already, and I have to admit the mental image of a crazed Emu system lord, ranting and raving (squawking and flapping?) at the other system lords in conclave (or would that be squawking, flapping, kicking and pecking?) brings an instant snicker to my lips. And could you imagine his costume as a system lord? Sally Rand, fan dancer, meets Elvis Pressley, Vegas era, in the grandest, and gratuitously gold-plated, Yolngu style. And then, of course, the Emu will become the supreme system lord, and try to subjugate the universe, which will bring him into conflict with the Ori, and necessitate an alliance with his one time comrades, now hated enemies, the Tau'ri, and much more squawking, flapping, kicking, and pecking, will, of course, ensue.

(Why is this sounding like more fun than season 9 right now? )

And last, but far from least, Congratulations, Myrth!
          ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hi - another possible question for AT at Gabit if anyone going is willing:

if there is a S10 - how do you see the command of SG1 thing playing out? I really would like to know what her thoughts are for S10 as it seems it is very likely to happen and I am interested in how this command thing will be handlied in light of the complete debacle it turned into in S9.

Thanks very much.

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
              Do you think the Emu could become a Goa'uld in the storyline? I mean, the Emu's eyes practically glow already, and I have to admit the mental image of a crazed Emu system lord, ranting and raving (squawking and flapping?) at the other system lords in conclave (or would that be squawking, flapping, kicking and pecking?) brings an instant snicker to my lips. And could you imagine his costume as a system lord? Sally Rand, fan dancer, meets Elvis Pressley, Vegas era, in the grandest, and gratuitously gold-plated, Yolngu style. And then, of course, the Emu will become the supreme system lord, and try to subjugate the universe, which will bring him into conflict with the Ori, and necessitate an alliance with his one time comrades, now hated enemies, the Tau'ri, and much more squawking, flapping, kicking, and pecking, will, of course, ensue.

Psst ... methinks someone forgot to take her medication this morning ...

But what about Duck Dodger?!

LOL Definitely more fun!!

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir
                I sure do! He did the talk-show circuit here in the U.S. way back and I loved him! I especially loved it when the Emu was "attacking" him!

On-topic: I've been MIA for quite a while. How're the Samandans doing?
                Well, the Emu is now a royal guest on the palace grounds and Samanda is preparing for its Royal Gala II to celebrate the 1,000 pages about to be reached!

Stay around and enjoy the friendly folks and strange birds (some of which are one and the same) ... welcome back!

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                  Sorry I've been MIA. Only so many hours in a day, and I've been working on fanfic...
                  You are allowed to vacate the premises in order to write some terrific Samfic ... there's a need for Sam stories while we await the second half of Season Nine.

At least fanfic can take us to the land of Sam in command and team spirit and the good old days of J and S ... and even to Jurassic Park Redux ...

Keep writing!! Your story is definitely Jack in command and Sam learning the ropes and I'm lovin' it ... it's refreshing to see them back in Season One and showing the team as new and a bit green (literally). Let us know when next chapter's ready to view!

Comment

Samanda’s Flag

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92...n/Samanda1.jpg

There it flies
                    In all its glory
                    Lending color
                    To Samanda’s story

The kingdom started as a lark
                    Sam Carter’s fans were the spark
                    Which ignited the flame
                    That created the name

Samanda … a fairytale land
                    Some may think us mad, don’t understand
                    But Samanda is not such a mystery
                    With its Royal Court and amusing history

We’re here for all to see and share
                    Kindness reigns and be aware
                    That is what the Queen would ask
                    As the world’s most important task

Sam/Amanda sets the tone
                    She believes in doing good and is not alone
                    That is why this kingdom thrives
                    Goodhearted people do here abide

At times we all may disagree
                    But even so, we’re “family”
                    Samanda does hold quite a group
                    Young and old, a potluck soup

Lively thinkers, serious minds
                    Great debaters, and other kinds
                    Wits and artists and some shy folk
                    But all know how to take a joke

So enjoy the grounds and stroll around
                    There are some beautiful birds to be found
                    The flag will wave forevermore
                    As part of our Samanda lore

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92...n/Samanda2.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92...n/Samanda3.jpg

Royal thanks to: Kat/ForeverSg1 (winning flag design), SamFan31 (photomanips/putting it all together), Qasim (aviary), minigeek (the darn emu), and Simhavaktra for the duck! Couldn't have done it without you!

Last edited by ChopinGal; 22 October 2005, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                      In that case, you're forgiven.

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra

Hilarious! I can see it now, A goa'uld on the run in desperation is forced to go into an emu. Oh, the indignity!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                          Hilarious! I can see it now, A goa'uld on the run in desperation is forced to go into an emu. Oh, the indignity!
                          or perhaps we've finally discovered the true identity of the furlings!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                            Psst ... methinks someone forgot to take her medication this morning ...

But what about Duck Dodger?!

LOL Definitely more fun!!
                            With respect, ma'am, 'twas actually my vitamins that I forgot to take this morning.

(What that hath meant, or doth portend, I can but leave to thine own imagining. )

His Heroicness is currently engaged in a heroic effort to acquire suitable attire for his heroic self to wear while attending the Samandan 1000-Page Fete, and is, thereby, er, 'enlivening' the existence of his personal shopper in the most heroic, if not epic, of ways. But, not to worry, the Infirmary is well versed in dealing with the exhausted personal shoppers who are honored to serve His Heroicness, the current occupant of the position being the 38th - no 48th - this year.

His Heroicness has already directed his loyal aide, and designated sidekick, Eager Young Space Cadet Porky Pig, to have the highly memorable, orange, expensive, and suitably impressive object he has already acquired for the Queen wrapped in expensive, orange, and suitably impressive royal splendor that he may present said object to the Queen as a token of his esteem. Eager Young Space Cadet Porky Pig and I have already agreed the supersized orange DVD of His Heroicness performing every song ever written on this planet that is known to contain the work 'hero' in its lyrics will somehow find its way to the ears of the nearest Prior, instead of into the Queen's hands. Being a sidekick and a social secretary, Cadet Porky Pig and I believe that giving weapons of mass destruction as gifts is a bit of a social faux pas - though, of course, a heroic one. And so, being loyal minions (LMrank7 and LMrank3, respectively) of His Heroicness, we beg to assure the Royal House of Samanda, and all the fine and loyal citizens of that kind and peacable land, that something more suitable (read: guaranteed non-lethal) will replace the DVD, and no 50 foot tall, heroically posed, statues of His Herioicness will be involved.

Yours Most Obsequiously,
                            In honor of His Heroicness,
                            Captain Duck Dodgers
                            (Intergalatic Hero Extraordinaire)
                            Last edited by Simhavaktra; 22 October 2005, 09:00 PM.
                            ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

So what castle is that in the flag pics?
                              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                              love Torri

Comment

Here are a couple of pictures JUST BEGGING for captions...

Sam: Wow...the new SG recruits are getting younger all the time.

Jack: Yeah...but shouldn't there be a minimum requirement that the recruits being considered should at least be human beings??

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X