Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
    Sif! Google is wrong

The M136 AT-4 is an unguided Anti-Tank weapon (also called a Recoiless Rifle) that replaced the Vietnam era M-72 LAW. It's designed to put holes in tanks
    While it would be possible to shoot down low flying aircraft with it (probably only helicopters as a plane would fly much too fast), it's definitely not designed for that. That's what Stingers are for (what Kawalsky used to shoot down the glider in Children of the Gods)
    What did Sam use her AT-4 to shoot at?

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
      What did Sam use her AT-4 to shoot at?
      Staff Weapon emplacement

Comment

Ahh! Well then my VERY BAD, most knowledgeable expert. How do you KNOW all this stuff?!?!

Comment

Woo, money shots of Carter!

My personaly favorite artillery shot (which I do not have, sadly) is the one of Sam with a S.A.M. - I laughed out loud the first time I saw that episode, I think I even said, hey look, Sam's got a S.A.M.! Pathetic, I know, but humor chose that moment to strike and I was powerless against it.
          mini
          I LOVED that scene! Pick it up, point it and shoot it down! Action Sam, now that's what I'm talkin' bout!

Just sayin'.
          MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
          sigpic
          Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Ahh! Well then my VERY BAD, most knowledgeable expert. How do you KNOW all this stuff?!?!
            I'm a nerd

*runs off with Geek!Sam*

Comment

I'm a nerd
              LOL, but you're a cute nerd!

*runs off with Geek!Sam*
              I don't think she knows what an AT-4 is, either. But, you know, you could always teach her...

Comment

(mongol idiot) - "you are my woman now. bow to me!"

(sam) - "you are an idiot now. and stop showing me your boob!"

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                  thanks!

what ep are these from?

With one GEEK!Sam thrown in for good measure:

http://www.uberamandafan.com/assets/...timetravel.jpg

GEEEEEEEEEEK!
                  *never* go wrong with cutie geek sam!

isn't amanda adorable as geeky sam?

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    Ben is in front because he's the new male lead. plain and simple. had rda stayed, he would have kept his place. Had they hired someone else, that someone else would have first place in the credits.

There is also the simple fact that maybe, becuase she missed 5 episodes and said that she wanted a reduced schedule that amanda simply didn't want to be the show lead. Maybe, to her, being mom is more important than having her name first.

She's obviously ok with it or if she wasn't then she'd turn in her notice.

i respect her and her choices.
                    these are nice words, sky, and i really *do* feel them. but (and there's always a but), the opening credits should have been less bb/cm and more the *entire* cast. you know, those three supporting actors that have been on this show for 9 years (8 for ms).

i have absolutely NO ire toward ben; it's the ptb that i am shaking my head at. (and have been so much this season that i'm getting a permanent crick)

the opening credits were skewed.

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Has anyone considered how we'll celebrate our first 1000th page?

Sounds like a party!

I'll sleep on it, perchance to think of something cool, crazy, nice, etc. for the Kingdom of Samanda's milestone.

Just sayin'.
                      MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                      sigpic
                      Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

*sam thinking* 'i just need to overlap the wires in circuit 3 then i can peel away the second junction but i need to insert a into b at the right moment so i can insert the green wire into the red slot but not too soon or c can't fit into the blue knobby thingie--'

daniel - "what are you doing, sam?"

sam - "just trying to fix my vcr that keeps blinking 12 am."

daniel - "have you tried programming it?"

sam - "uh... i forgot how."

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                          Warning: Generally mild-mannered Samandan about to have a rant

I gotta jump in with a little dissent here! Okay.....a whole lotta dissent!

As someone who has spent more than 20 years in broadcasting, I strongly disagree with the contention of several of my favorite Samandans that we, the viewers/listerners, whatever, have no right to expect producers, directors, networks, etc., to program to please us.

Folks, let me tell you, pleasing the viewers is what it's all about! It's the premise on which show business is based! Where do you think ratings come from? From satisfied viewers. Everyone is after satisfied viewers, because they're the ones who keep tuning in, week after week. You do have a right to want certain things from your shows, and to let TPTB, no matter what the show is, know about it! Otherwise, you get what they think you want! And what if they get it wrong.....or listen to someone else because you didn't speak up?

Show business isn't about art. It's about business. Every business must please its customers. Why do you think they set up focus groups? To find out what people like. Here's the equation.

Good program + Satisfied Viewers = Strong Ratings = Rich Producers

If you don't let them know what you want, you get what they give you. Unless you feel entitled enough to let TV execs know what you like, you run the risk of letting them decide (and they may not even care about your characters). I guess the best way I know to sum it up is this:

It's just like voting. If you don't vote, you get the government you deserve (for not voting). You get someone else's government. If you don't participate in the process, you really have no justification to complain.

But if you vote, if you take part in the process, if you make sure your viewpoint is heard and counted, you stand a better chance of getting the kind of government that represents you. And if you express yourself, you get a better chance of getting the shows you want.

Ok.....love you all! But you are entitled to express what you want! And you need to believe that your opinions matter.....because they do!

All right. Down off my soapbox now. End of rant.
                          *APPLAUSE*

well said!

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                            I'm all for folks defending Sam and Amanda. And i'm all for folks not being happy with how th ings are. not being happy isn't the isssue, it's how it's expressed.

WE don't like it in those dark places where sam is torn down to pump up another actor or character. And if we don't like it then we shouldn't perpetrate it.

If you want to express your displeasure, grab a pen and let scifi or mgm know.

Can we find a way to express our discontent without ragging on others? I would never like to hear that Samanda is full of cameron haters or vala haters.

Kindness reigns here. Kindness doesn't mean that we have to turn the other cheek all the time, but it does mean that, when we do fight back, we do it with grace and dignity...kinda like SAm does
                            Hi everybody:

I wanted to apologize for my post earlier today, or more so for the way it might have been perceived by many of you. I am usually a mild-mannered person, but I guess, I kinda "overshot the mark".
                            I most certainly did not intend to offend anybody or attack anybody, and the last thing that I intended to do was to bash or attack any actors. I d not hate any of them, far from it.
                            Over the past weeks I have gotten very sensitive to certain issues and I guess, I stated my opinion a bit too agressive.
                            You are right, if we "fight back", we should do it with grace.
                            So, again, I apologize. Kindness does reign here. After all, that's what I admire most in Sam/Amanda.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

OK ... one more!

CAPTIONARY!

Sam: With all due respect Sir, when you suggested a bit of role-play, I presumed you meant "Doctors and Nurses".

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                                Sam: With all due respect Sir, when you suggested a bit of role-play, I presumed you meant "Doctors and Nurses".
                                ROFLMAO
                                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                                love Torri

Comment

Working...
                                X