No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh hey, i'm likin' ben. and i'm lovin' vala (only two eps in, three if ya count PU).
    i just think its disrespectful of the credit gods to put the "new guy" at the top of the bill. even when MS came back he didn't go back to his original slot. and i for one was very happy with the way they did the credits when he came back. BB is great, but the fact is he is not as big a name as RDA (who probably only went ahead of the "stargate" title because of his producer/star status with the show) and is as far as i know equal at most in name size to the rest of the cast (with the exception of beau bridges who is/was a big name).

however, the fact is almost everyone has a favourite or least favourite actor and character, so chances are regardless of how they did it, someone would be crying bloody murder and crying out bring me the head of whoevers name was ahead of my guy. had amanda gone first the daniel fans (and ben fans too i guess), probably would have gone berserk.

i think they should have done it in order of who had the most episode appearances on the show. in which case it would have been chris judge first i think, then amanda, then michael, then ben, then beau. that would be the more fair way to do it. or even most screen time, or most lines.

BTW, in the guest credits for avalon 2, did it give the standard special guest line for CB, or did it say also starring? i think also starring would have been more appropriate, but i forgot to check.

and to wrap up this extremely long post, i'd just like to say how pleased i am that they have amanda tapping on the opening credits while she's gone. yay. it makes me think they might actually miss her, which i like to think they did, but i've not heard anyone comment on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
      I don't know if somebody already posted this, but I know that some of you were looking for the "long" opening credits. Well, Kas posted a link in another thread, I hope she doesn't mind me posting it here. It's in the "The Cameron Mitchell/Ben Browder Thunk Thread", page 531, post# 10608.
      Page 531? They're already to page 531????? FCOL!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        Here's yet another great Sam pic...love her in her dress blues!

Hey! Where's this from? It looks like S7-S8 Sam Hair, but I'm having a hard time placing it...

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
          Well said, NC. AT seems to have to fight for things she wants on the show, and she'll continue to have to do so.

Positive light on the credits: Only BB and AT get two pictures during their names (not good for CJ though). Negative----only Browder is in the opening scenes---not a good thing and I do not believe he deserves this at all. I actually was a little bummed when I heard that they were going to show full credits because I thought this would happen---they would give BB the opening shots like RDA even though BB's name is after stargate. Too bad---I wish TPTB could have surprised me, but alas it is the male-dominated crap rearing its ugly head again as usual.
          Sounds like Farscape-dominated crap to me.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
            Hey! Where's this from? It looks like S7-S8 Sam Hair, but I'm having a hard time placing it...
            Well she as Colonel Carter is standing next to General O'Neill and smiling at the wedding of their favorite young Jaffa.

Does that help?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
              *claps and high 5s mini
              Well said! Honestly, I seriously doubt Ben pushed for any thing like that. He probably JUMPED at the chance to WORK again considering that FS got canned and the mini had wrapped already. Ben is a very nice, easy going, laid back kind of guy. I know a lot of you here and throughout Gateworld don't like him cause he's the "new kid" but trust me, he is not an evil person. I bet he's just happy to be back Stateside and closer to his family. Cut the guy some slack, please.

*psssst, no I am not on the defensive, just dislike seeing a nice guy getting the dren kicked outa him for things he has no control over

Besides, I thought everyone knew that the most evil people in Hollyweird are the writers/creators of shows. <weg>

I should have clarified my earlier post. I would never blame BB for being the reason why there is somewhat of an imbalance in the opening credit sequence in terms of the characters. It is certainly not his fault. What I wished they had done (whoever makes this decision TPTB?) is have different shots of the four main cast members in the very opening sequence instead of three shots of BB before we see and during when we see Stargate SG1 on the screen. That's all. Portray more balance to show that this truly is an ensemble cast. And I say that, not to be negative, but to say that AT, MS and CJ are the ones who have made the show successful (and RDA), so here is a chance to present a more ensemble cast rather than BB as THE lead. That's all. I think AT, MS and CJ bring in just as much of an audience as BB---or maybe more in that stargate has a large long-time fanbase.

I just wanted to see a bit more balance, but it certainly is not a bad opening, and the shots of AT are great, as well as CJ and MS. And I loved hearing the theme again!!

If AT is truly fine with everything, then so am I. And it does look like things went really well for her this season.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                Well she as Colonel Carter is standing next to General O'Neill and smiling at the wedding of their favorite young Jaffa.

Does that help?

Ah. Sacrifices. It was hard because, with Daniel's suit, it looks like a cross between New Order and Heroes. And Jack wasn't standing next to them during New Order, and I KNOW that ain't no Heroes scene...

Sam in dress blues is very cool. Very fetching... Especially now that she's a Lt. Colonel, it kinda adds to the take-charge attitude we all like to see.

But, ya know, I'd take some Jack in dress blues, myself. Or that sweet, little firefighter captain number.

(I swear I'm not a thunker )

Comment

Question. In the credits, (what I saw was grainy) I thought I saw Jack, Sam,
                  Daniel and Teal'c? Or was I mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                    LOL Hey...I was just asking. I was there the night David Kemper, Richard Manning and Ben Browder broke the news to fans in a emergency chat. It was a sad, sad thing, for everyone, but I still respect the fact that Kemper, et all, didn't want to give into SciFi's "demands". When I first heard that SciFi had offered a 13 eps wrap up season, I was "cool" then I was "uh, maybe that's not such a good idea..." Ultimately, I decided that I'd wait and see what FSPTB decided to do. They choose not to take that offer and went their merry way...little did fans know they were probably plotting from that day on for the mini. LOL The con before last was a hoot with all the cast/crew dropping hints about a "special project" they weren't allowed to talk about. The fans knew and were totally excited.

NOW, would I want SG1PTB to do the same thing? If it means keeping the story line of the show true to THEIR vision (no matter how much I might/might not like their vision - it is their "baby" after all) or give into SciFi and dumb it down, I'd back SG1PTB 100% if they choose to tell SciFi to take a hike.

See I'm the kind of fan, that no matter what TPTB of any show do, that realizes that the show isn't "mine" and no matter what TPTB do, I have to have faith that they aren't gonna frell it up completely. I have that faith in the FSPTB and in the SG1PTB. Besides, it's just a show after all.

*ducks the flying objects
                    The guys at SG1 should stay true to their vision. I've always thought it was funny/ironic that TPTB feel like they have to cater to the fans, but if they decide to do that, fine. Still, for some reason, we fans feel like we're owed something when we're really not.

If anything (and I hate to say this), the network is more "entitled" to such rights than we are. However, under such genre series circumstances, I believe in a shift in powers. Heh heh. And the fans have a lot of pull. If TPTB are willing to continually open the door, then no one should really expect the fans, of all people, to close it.

Anyway... as I ALWAYS SAY, I will watch this show until it dies. I'm hooked, and I'd always hold onto the hope - even if the show were to take a nose dive - that the show would be redeemed in some way.

And you're right. It is just a show.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                      Page 531? They're already to page 531????? FCOL!
                      scary ain't it????
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        scary ain't it????
                        very...

Comment

Ben is in front because he's the new male lead. plain and simple. had rda stayed, he would have kept his place. Had they hired someone else, that someone else would have first place in the credits.

There is also the simple fact that maybe, becuase she missed 5 episodes and said that she wanted a reduced schedule that amanda simply didn't want to be the show lead. Maybe, to her, being mom is more important than having her name first.

She's obviously ok with it or if she wasn't then she'd turn in her notice.

i respect her and her choices.
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                            Ben is in front because he's the new male lead. plain and simple. had rda stayed, he would have kept his place. Had they hired someone else, that someone else would have first place in the credits.

There is also the simple fact that maybe, becuase she missed 5 episodes and said that she wanted a reduced schedule that amanda simply didn't want to be the show lead. Maybe, to her, being mom is more important than having her name first.

She's obviously ok with it or if she wasn't then she'd turn in her notice.

i respect her and her choices.
                            This is true.

Really, I think it could go either way on this. It could be positive like your assessment, or heinously negative... We'll never know - at least, not as long as she's on the series, the series is around, etc. - so all we can do is speculate.

In the grand scheme of things, I suppose it's really none of our business either way.

Pshaw.

Comment

Was going to wait ‘til later in the week to post these S7 scrubs, but decided we do need a diversion to get off the speculation of AT’s personal life/choices and back to the character we know and love so well….

Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                              My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Big guns aren't just for big boys...
                                they can also be Sam's toys...
                                Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                                My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Working...
                                X