Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
    Yipes. Slow down, turbo! My opinion comes from fragmented and biased parts of the story and a short-lived attempt to out find the "truth."

Perhaps "mistakes" was a bad choice of words... how about... "decisions."

All I'm saying is, ideally a show's producers and the network should work hand-in-hand, with creative decisions ultimately being given to the showrunners. However, considering that's really not the case anymore, and probably SHOULDN'T always be (no matter how "fair" it is to the creators), one should not be too quick to bite the hand that feeds...

IMH(unbiased)O.
    LOL Hey...I was just asking. I was there the night David Kemper, Richard Manning and Ben Browder broke the news to fans in a emergency chat. It was a sad, sad thing, for everyone, but I still respect the fact that Kemper, et all, didn't want to give into SciFi's "demands". When I first heard that SciFi had offered a 13 eps wrap up season, I was "cool" then I was "uh, maybe that's not such a good idea..." Ultimately, I decided that I'd wait and see what FSPTB decided to do. They choose not to take that offer and went their merry way...little did fans know they were probably plotting from that day on for the mini. LOL The con before last was a hoot with all the cast/crew dropping hints about a "special project" they weren't allowed to talk about. The fans knew and were totally excited.

NOW, would I want SG1PTB to do the same thing? If it means keeping the story line of the show true to THEIR vision (no matter how much I might/might not like their vision - it is their "baby" after all) or give into SciFi and dumb it down, I'd back SG1PTB 100% if they choose to tell SciFi to take a hike.

See I'm the kind of fan, that no matter what TPTB of any show do, that realizes that the show isn't "mine" and no matter what TPTB do, I have to have faith that they aren't gonna frell it up completely. I have that faith in the FSPTB and in the SG1PTB. Besides, it's just a show after all.

*ducks the flying objects
    sigpic
    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
      I have had a cold since Friday - it cleared up but now its back so I am going home for the rest of the weekThanks for all that - I went to buy it today but its not out over here yet
      Qdahlin' sorry to hear about your cold. My not feeling well was more a case of nerves than anything else. There's some stuff happening in my life that have been hard lessons to learn and deal with. I'm good though.

Hope you're feeling better! ((((((((((Q))))))))))))

Thanks to all for the well wishes. I'm doing ok. Life can't keep me down for long.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jerin
        I hopeyou feel better, too. I hate being sick like nothing else...I'd rather be in pain. Gives SunKrux a big hug.
        Thanks, I'm good. As I said, it was nerves. I'll be fine.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
          So he's above the title like RDA was? If so, I'm appalled. Despite what Farscape fans say (and I liked Farscape myself) BB is *not* a name the way RDA was/is. Not to mention the slap in the face this would be to AT, MS & CJ.
          My gut reaction (having not seen the new credits) is that the answer would be "no." RDA's position in the show was a lot different than Browder's. The show would really have not gotten off the ground if RDA hadn't accepted. Then, he gets the EP in the 2nd season (I believe). Browder doesn't have that kind of pull.
          sigpic

Comment

hey guys, and i'm not speaking as a mod here, just a person.

trust me, i don't like to think that Amanda is getting any sort of short shrift from her bosses. And i don't like to think that she's being treated as a second class actor or being pushed aside in favor of the new guy.

but we don't know any of this. we are reading between the lines of an article that likely is composed of bits and pieces taken out of context and without any vocal inflections or facial expressions.

I'm just saying, i don't want Samandans to be at the same level as fans of other actors who count seconds that the names are on the screen or who edit other actors out or who count the amount of lines each actor has.

Whatever might be going on at Bridge, Amanda is clearly ok with it and that's what counts. as long as she's happy, we should be happy.

let's respect her and her choices

Samanda is to be a happy place, not a great well of bitterness (we have the anti-s9 thread for that )
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

trust me, i don't like to think that Amanda is getting any sort of short shrift from her bosses. And i don't like to think that she's being treated as a second class actor or being pushed aside in favor of the new guy.

but we don't know any of this. we are reading between the lines of an article that likely is composed of bits and pieces taken out of context and without any vocal inflections or facial expressions.

I'm just saying, i don't want Samandans to be at the same level as fans of other actors who count seconds that the names are on the screen or who edit other actors out or who count the amount of lines each actor has.

Whatever might be going on at Bridge, Amanda is clearly ok with it and that's what counts. as long as she's happy, we should be happy.

Samanda is to be a happy place, not a great well of bitterness (we have the anti-s9 thread for that )

Well said.
              Joanne

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim

Fantastic collection Qasim

and to all let you know , I'm making a little Sam collage to celebrate her return to season 9 . Will be ready soon

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                  Fantastic collection Qasim
                  It is

BTW - its not mine just something I came across on a stargate fan site
                  Originally posted by Catysg1
                  and to all let you know , I'm making a little Sam collage to celebrate her return to season 9 . Will be ready soon

Caty
                  Cant wait
                  gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                  so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                  love Torri

Comment

Well said, skydiver. I don't know many actors who personally care where their name appears in the credits. Primarily it's their agents and their publicity folks who fight about things like that. I'm positive Amanda doesn't mind a bit; just as I'm quite positive Ben didn't (personally) ask for his name to appear first, either. It was a result of contract negotiations most certainly.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

And on that note, here's some more great SAMANTHA CARTER piccies for ya:

With one GEEK!Sam thrown in for good measure:

GEEEEEEEEEEK!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                        Well said, skydiver. I don't know many actors who personally care where their name appears in the credits. Primarily it's their agents and their publicity folks who fight about things like that. I'm positive Amanda doesn't mind a bit; just as I'm quite positive Ben didn't (personally) ask for his name to appear first, either. It was a result of contract negotiations most certainly.

You're probably right. We don't *know* how AT feels about her treatment except that she keeps signing on, so it can't be that bad. Maybe they are showing their respect with $$. Not that I think that's AT's primary motivation at all. I think we are just a bit sensitive b/c of the hype the promo machine had going for BB early in the season.
                        Hey if AT's happy and keeps doing the show, I'm happy.
                        Go to your happy place, Samandans. Wait--we're already there!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                          You're probably right. We don't *know* how AT feels about her treatment except that she keeps signing on, so it can't be that bad. Maybe they are showing their respect with $$. Not that I think that's AT's primary motivation at all. I think we are just a bit sensitive b/c of the hype the promo machine had going for BB early in the season.
                          Hey if AT's happy and keeps doing the show, I'm happy.
                          Go to your happy place, Samandans. Wait--we're already there!
                          Here's yet another great Sam pic...love her in her dress blues!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I liked the new opening credits, except for the too obvious push of BB before the title. But even those shots were well done. I really liked the opening shot of the earth symbol on the gate and I even liked the new font used on the names. I hadn't realized how much I missed the theme song until I heard it again.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                              Here's yet another great Sam pic...love her in her dress blues!

They look like they have been taking 'happy' pills especially Walter
                              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                              love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek

*claps and high 5s mini
                                Well said! Honestly, I seriously doubt Ben pushed for any thing like that. He probably JUMPED at the chance to WORK again considering that FS got canned and the mini had wrapped already. Ben is a very nice, easy going, laid back kind of guy. I know a lot of you here and throughout Gateworld don't like him cause he's the "new kid" but trust me, he is not an evil person. I bet he's just happy to be back Stateside and closer to his family. Cut the guy some slack, please.

*psssst, no I am not on the defensive, just dislike seeing a nice guy getting the dren kicked outa him for things he has no control over

Besides, I thought everyone knew that the most evil people in Hollyweird are the writers/creators of shows. <weg>
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X