• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    first off, NC, THANK YOU!!
    My thanks as well.

Originally posted by majorsal
    this was another great interview that i enjoyed. *nothing* in there to upset me or depress me. *whew!*
    There was a small comment that gave me pause. The insinuation that Carter might move a smidgen closer to the 'Daniel perspective'. Please, no! Is the line from "Stronghold" (I think that's the episode) regarding regulations supposed to represent this theme?

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
      ChevronSeven already posted some of the Amanda's interview from Stargate SG-1 The Official Magazine, but here's the whole thing ....

SAM KIND OF WONDERFUL!
      by Tom Reeve

NC
      Thanks so much for taking the time to do this, NC! Great article with some revealing points about AT's state of mind. I enjoyed it!

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
        I'm not feeling all that hot or well.
        I have had a cold since Friday - it cleared up but now its back so I am going home for the rest of the week
        Originally posted by NearlyCircular
        Here's another quote from the Stargate SG-1 Official Magazine
        NC
        Thanks for all that - I went to buy it today but its not out over here yet
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Have to be off to work, but wanted to add this to the soup: I watched a friend's DVD of Burbank Con event and heard AT say that she saw herself and Sam Carter as a "take-control broad" rather than the "girly girl" she portrayed in Chimera. Very telling ...

Hope this need for control can be translated into "command and control"; then maybe we'll get Sam's leadership coming to the forefront where it belongs in latter part of S9.

On another note, Kat has been in touch ... the clouds have lifted just a bit ... she wants to share a great big thank-you to all Samandans who have PM'd and emailed her and says this is really giving her strength and comfort. And there is still the slim chance that she will be able to come to London next week for GABIT. So keep up those prayers and positive thoughts! Hic comitas regit!!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
            Wow, thats a new (and rather cool) way of putting it - Sam Carter = Obi Wan Kenobi

Jedi!Carter whoooo
            Oh you so totally get green jello for that, AD! Woot!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
              Hmm, let's see. Well, I definitely wish that they had let Jack's clone self from Fragile Balance die. The idea of another, younger O'neill out there doesn't enthuse me. Besides, not every thing ends well and the quick fix by Thor seemed unnecessary.

By the same token, I could have done with Charlie from Show and Tell dying too. Yeah, it would have been sad and tough for Jack maybe, but I still think the episode would have had more teeth that way.

My, aren't we bloodthirsty! Actually, I totally agree with you.

Comment

By the same token, I could have done with Charlie from Show and Tell dying too. Yeah, it would have been sad and tough for Jack maybe, but I still think the episode would have had more teeth that way.
                I'm glad that Charlie Tok'ra did not die. I'd like to have seen him in another episode, see how he's been...maybe aged him a bit, though.

In regards to the whole Jolinar thing. I'm glad that they decided to kill the Tok'ra symbiote. It made for a more powerful performance by Amanda and then "Jolinar's Memories" and "The Devil You Know" wouldn't have been written the way that they were, if at all. I loved those two episodes and it was cool to see Apophis and see each of the team's horrific memories and how they didn't break their will.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                  Well my most awesome Samandans, I'm outa here. I have a big day tomorrow and I'm not feeling all that hot or well. I'm off to watch some more reruns of SG1 and then hit the sack.

Sweet dreams and good night/morning/day.
                  I hopeyou feel better, too. I hate being sick like nothing else...I'd rather be in pain. Gives SunKrux a big hug.

Goa'uld queen in possession of Daniel, Jonas and Martouf clones
                  Lovely signature courtesy of Admiral Q O and Skydiver.

Comment

Originally posted by jerin
                    I hopeyou feel better, too. I hate being sick like nothing else...I'd rather be in pain. Gives SunKrux a big hug.
                    Uh-hum *cough cough*
                    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                      Uh-hum *cough cough*
                      Aww, poor Qas (ya big baby!)

{{{QASIM}}}

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

*snip*
                        Narim's dismissal of quantum physics as a "misconception" always irked me, especially since The Torment of Tantalus validates our (and the 4 races too, apparently) interpretation of the atom state. And, when Daniel questions Omoc about folding space only to be dismissed as a child, I get angry at his little twig bending spiel for the same reason. Folding space is exactly the concept behind Omoc's little transmission thingy, and the "oh, no, don't think about it that much" part of the episode has always bothered the hell out of me.
                        /*delurking*/

I have to admit I agreed with all of your comments, but this one especially. For some reason this scene with Omoc and Daniel reminded me of a book I read in the 6th grade called a 'Wrinkle in Time'. I just remember my teacher trying to explain the concept of the book to the class and she took a piece of paper and folded it so that two opposite corners touched one another.

It just seemed to me that the writers could/should have come up with a better way to explain the science behind the episode than what my teacher came up with for a group of 11 year olds.

*waves hello to everyone*
                        I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for all the lovely emails and PM's I have recieved. I can't express enough how much your kind words of encouragement have helped me over the past week or so. I truly miss joining in with all of the conversations you have been tossing around lately, but it looks as if Samanda has some fresh, new blood to keep the flame alive.

Kudos to everyone who has been standing up for Amanda and Sam on JM's Blog and over at the Dark Pit of Doom. It's truly is sad that there should even be a need to defend Amanda. It just goes to show what demented lives these people live in when they have nothing better to do than to trash such a kind hearted person. Honestly I can't imagine Ben, Michael or Claudia being happy to see people, who call themselves their fans, ripping another collegue apart in this way. I truly think it's delusional people like this who give fandom a really bad name.

OT: I think I may have found another babysitter for Kallesta so the trip to London/Gabit is looking more realistic. Perhaps when I'm sitting in the Renaissance Hotel, sipping on a Margarita, the excitement of meeting AT will finally hit me, but until then I don't think I'm going to get my hopes up too high.

P.S And a big thanks to CG for her post. I didn't realize until after I posted this that she had made a post earlier.

/*lurking*/
                        Last edited by ForeverSg1; 18 October 2005, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                          Uh-hum *cough cough*
                          I'm so sorry, honey. I've been catching up on posts and posted the last one before I saw yours. How do you feel? I was wondering why we haven't seen your witty posts lately. I wish I were there. I'd bring you yummy chicken soup and a really yummy desi(of Indian/Pakistani/Bangladeshi origin) dish my mom makes that cures all. Hope you feel better soon.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                            /*delurking*/

*waves hello to everyone*
                            I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for all the lovely emails and PM's I have recieved. I can't express enough how much your kind words of encouragement have helped me over the past week or so. I truly miss joining in with all of the conversations you have been tossing around lately, but it looks as if Samanda has some fresh, new blood to keep the flame alive.OT: I think I may have found another babysitter for Kallesta so the trip to London/Gabit is looking more realistic. Perhaps when I'm sitting in the Renaissance Hotel, sipping on a Margarita, the excitement of meeting AT will finally hit me, but until then I don't think I'm going to get my hopes up too high.

/*lurking*/
                            ((((Kat)))) We all missed you. Sending you big hugs and good thoughts and karma. I really hope you get to go to the con. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Comment

Happy Birthday, Agent Dark and Catysg1! Hope you have a great day and you make a wish that comes true. AD, I'm afraid to ask you what your wish is regarding Samanda.

Comment

Happy Birthday, AD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X