No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New interview on Stargate Project with Martin Wood http://www.stargate-project.de/starg...te=news&ID=629

SG-P Question: What about a new Stargate movie?
    Martin Wood: I would love to do one, Brad and Robert would love to do one, Amanda [Tapping], Michael [Shanks], Chris [Judge] AND Richard [Dean Anderson] would love to do one, we have been batting one around for so many years now and finally... oh, I can’t tell you about that!

So what does this mean? He doesn't say it out loud, but if you read between the lines, something huge is on the way! Watch Stargate-Project for the latest and check back in a few days to get our complete Interview with Martin Wood!
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
      New interview on Stargate Project with Martin Wood http://www.stargate-project.de/starg...te=news&ID=629
      Interesting... you know, I was thinking about that the other day. One of the reasons they might not want to make the ship overt is because of the possibility of a movie... Probably wouldn't be an issue if the movie was set in the past, but if they wanted to set it in the present or future, having Sam and Jack openly together on the series might really screw things up.

My LJ

Comment

Two thoughts come to mind with this -

1. Martin is pulling everyones leg so to speak - I've seen him at Cons before and he can be worse than Joe when it comes to double talk and half truths.

2. They are going to finally make the direct to DVD movie that has been planned a couple of times and then scraped for one reason or another.
        My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

I find the idea of a Royal Aviary acceptable.
          jckfan 55 (Royal Minister without Portfolio)

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
            I tossed out my $.02 worth of snark, as well. Not as eloquent as MB's, but heartfelt!

See... I'm just not worried about TPTB taking these folks seriously. They have revealed themselves for what they are: seriously whacko, rabid nut cases. Personally, I think it's wonderful. If they sounded sane and rational, their criticisms might be taken seriously. But how could *anyone* with half a brain read comments like those without laughing out loud? (An indignant Mary Beth, aside...)
            Where is this blog?

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
              Where is this blog?
              http://www.gateworld.net/blogs/jmallozzi/index.shtml

I confess I am completely addicted to the comments section now. Oh and Joe's blog is fun too.

Seriously, there's some great stuff there. For instance, rather than just saying that no one agreed with one poster thought of what Joe said, one anonymous poster shot back..."No one (on the unmedicated side of sanity) seriously believes you'd (Joe) ever say those kinds of things about your actors or the stargate storyline."

"No one (on the unmedicated side of sanity)". That one line just cracked me up.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                Two thoughts come to mind with this -

1. Martin is pulling everyones leg so to speak - I've seen him at Cons before and he can be worse than Joe when it comes to double talk and half truths.

2. They are going to finally make the direct to DVD movie that has been planned a couple of times and then scraped for one reason or another.
                As long as it isn't set in the PAST, I'd love to see it happen.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                  Oh, somebody's taken Theory 101 and 102. Where did you study, Sun? (I went to York University (in Canada)).
                  Have my Associates Degree from BYU-Idaho (when I was there it was Ricks College).
                  Bachelor's Degree from Georgia Southern University in my home state/city.
                  Both were done many, many years ago. Now I "act" like I enjoy working for a living. LOL

Didn't really take any theory courses...but took several acting courses from several different acting/directing profs.
                  sigpic
                  I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                    As long as it isn't set in the PAST, I'd love to see it happen.
                    One of the last scripts I heard word on them trying to film for a DVD movie was from an old script that was never turned into an episode from one of the early seasons. I think it was from Season 2 but I could be wrong on that.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                      One of the last scripts I heard word on them trying to film for a DVD movie was from an old script that was never turned into an episode from one of the early seasons. I think it was from Season 2 but I could be wrong on that.
                      I heard about that one too, but I understood the idea itself got canned. Personally, I hope it did. I'm much more of a fan when a spinoff or movie takes the episodic storyline forward in some way.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                        Have my Associates Degree from BYU-Idaho (when I was there it was Ricks College).
                        Bachelor's Degree from Georgia Southern University in my home state/city.
                        Both were done many, many years ago. Now I "act" like I enjoy working for a living. LOL

Didn't really take any theory courses...but took several acting courses from several different acting/directing profs.
                        So your from Statesboro - I went to Valdosta State College for my undergrad degree, it was VSU when I went back for the Masters - played in the pit for the Jekyll Island Summer Musicals one summer.

Comment

sam - "uh, thor.... i know we're trying this whole cultural exchange thing, but when i said try a banana, i meant orally.... "

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                            Interesting... you know, I was thinking about that the other day. One of the reasons they might not want to make the ship overt is because of the possibility of a movie... Probably wouldn't be an issue if the movie was set in the past, but if they wanted to set it in the present or future, having Sam and Jack openly together on the series might really screw things up.
                            oh, i don't think it would. why would it? it would just be two ppl that love another in a relationship, who continue to work together. like they've been doing for years.

i had a relationship with a guy i worked with, and our actions/reactions were not solely based on how we felt for one another. meaning, we could still work together and get the work done. it's a no-brainer to me. (of course i know i'm looking at it simplistically, but they've already done all the hard work and have the brains and common sense to handle it)

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

regarding the supposed new stargate movie (that would include rda)... i'll get excited about it when i see that's it's really in the go.

i hope so, though!

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                                If anyone here feels like they're in a good mood to ream someone...you know, for therapeutic purposes...I encourage you to read the most recent comments on Joe's Blog comments and feel free to respond.

It's quite cathartic actually.
                                I know I'm coming to the party kind of late, but my own take on this is that the post speaks for itself, and not in the way the author was intending. I'd like to think that whenever Joe gets around to reading it (if he ever does) he has the same visceral reaction to it that each of us does. It's so out there that he couldn't possibly take it seriously, and if it gives him cause to take the author and his ilk less seriously than before, then I'm all for more posts just like it.

I also hope that he'll read it and realize that such people are extremely pleased with this season and the turn the show has taken, which will hopefully make him wonder in turn about some of the decisions being made. Maybe it will help him to understand how many fans must NOT be totally enthralled with the current state of all things Stargate. And, particularly, I'd hope that he sees that both sides of the HateSam/LoveSam debate are seeing the same type of problems with Cam's character.

Of course, he'll probably just chalk it up to another fandom wackjob, have a good laugh, and never think about it again. After all, that's what I'm gonna do with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X