Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SunKrux
    They both have it. That's why I'm drawn to them (and other actresses like them - too many to name). It's called emoting and not a lot of actors/actresses can do that. Some actors just simply react, instead of act. Claudia and Amanda are actors instead of reactors, imho.
    Oh, somebody's taken Theory 101 and 102. Where did you study, Sun? (I went to York University (in Canada)).

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
      Agreed! You rock! Now, I'm still going to buy it later this month, but is it really as long and detailed as they said it would be?
      The article runs from pages 16-20, with page 17 being a full-size photo of Amanda.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
        page 17 being a full-size photo of Amanda.
        What type of pic?
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

The article runs from pages 16-20, with page 17 being a full-size photo of Amanda.
          omg, scan kgo!

Comment

The pic is the same as what's on the cover, which is a promo shot from season 9. Unfortunately, I cannot scan as I do not own a scanner.
            sigpic

Comment

The pic is the same as what's on the cover, which is a promo shot from season 9. Unfortunately, I cannot scan as I do not own a scanner.
              Is it one of these: http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/photos_s9cast.shtml
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

It's pretty close to this one:

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/graphic...9cast_20.shtml
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                  Having seen Ben in person at FS cons and remembering what he said in the special SciFi did about the SciFi Friday shows, I seriously doubt Ben would push for Mitchell being leader. Ben (paraphrasing here) basically said that he felt like the "new kid on the block". Chances are, the "new kid" isn't gonna go pushing for things he hasn't earned yet, ya know?

IF I can remember, when I got to the FS con next month, I'll ask Ben how he feels about the whole co-leadership thing and if he thinks Mitchell (the new kid) should be the leader or if they should give it to Sam. We'll see what he says. Ben's usually pretty forthright and upfront with fans when it comes to questions about his characters.

Hey SunKrux would this be the Burbank FS Con - if so I will be there on Sunday only - marching band comp on Saturday - I'll be driving down Sat night
                  My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes!!!

And just for the hell of it:

Comment

Originally posted by crazedturkey
                      http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y208/crazedturkey/at-eyes.jpg
                      Goof!!!!
                      love Torri

Comment

Here is the cover from the new issue
                        My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Amanda Tapping (via Stargate magazine ) -
                          [Mitchell] has a very different way of leading than I do. So we each play on our own strengths, and that's I think what makes the team as cohesive as it is.

and

Amanda Tapping (via Stargate magazine) -
                          You know, I have an interesting thing about him being the leader of SG-1, because Ben and I have this constant thing - hey, we're both of equal rank, but I've been on SG-1 much longer. How come you get to lead? I actuall went up to Rob Cooper after this one episode that I had just read and said, you know, Carter kind of takes control of this mission and does all the intel on it - how come Mitchell comes in and ends up calling in the troops and leading them? That seems terribly unfair, you know, when they're both the same rank. And Rob said, no, no, you're right - you'll be leading that mission.

well, i have mixed feelings on this. i like that she's being taken seriously, but... this issue should have never been an issue to begin with.

how hard is it to write a scene where mitchell offers sam back command of sg1? how hard is it for sam to turn it down, or accept, or they agree to co-lead?

i'm glad that it is at least a co-leading thing (which some of us were seeing before joe mentioned), but i'd still prefer that it was sam's lead all to herself. OR, if behind the scenes things made that difficult for the show, then a moment on screen where sam not having it (and not feeling bad about it) is addressed either between her and mitchell or her and landry. or all three.

but, this issue goes with the other floating-in-limboland issues of where's jack and what's sam and jack's relationship statis.

Cutest thing from the interview? She was conducting it by phone and Olivia was in her lap chewing on the phone cord!
                          i can't wait to read this interview!

thanks, CS!

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                            well, i have mixed feelings on this. i like that she's being taken seriously, but... this issue should have never been an issue to begin with.

how hard is it to write a scene where mitchell offers sam back command of sg1? how hard is it for sam to turn it down, or accept, or they agree to co-lead?

i'm glad that it is at least a co-leading thing (which some of us were seeing before joe mentioned), but i'd still prefer that it was sam's lead all to herself. OR, if behind the scenes things made that difficult for the show, then a moment on screen where sam not having it (and not feeling bad about it) is addressed either between her and mitchell or her and landry. or all three.

but, this issue goes with the other floating-in-limboland issues of where's jack and what's sam and jack's relationship statis.

i can't wait to read this interview!

thanks, CS!

sally

What a great shame that TPTB just could not go with Sam leading the team and still have Ben as their leading man so to speak.
                            I've watched one episode so far (i'm in the UK) and i really did like what i saw in the character of CM, he made me feel sorry for him, he made me laugh and he also made me sit up and take notice of him, so for me half the battle of intrducing a new character has been won!
                            I had no idea who BB was as i did not watch Farscape so i really had no preconcieved ideas of the actor, the little scene of him and Amanda was lovely and i could feel the wamth from them just by watching.
                            Such a great oppertunity wasted imho to have Sam lead and to "SEE" Cam "LEARN FROM THE BEST!" I'm pretty sure it would have been fun to watch, oh well, can't have everything we want in life!

Side note on Amanda, tptb have a really imho great actor and star in Amanda who has grown over the years and also has been slowly building her career into somthing that will take off and put her name up there among the best out there! It is a rare actor indeed who can make you feel what they are feeling by you watching them act, just watch Amanda's eyes, it's all in there!
                            ......TARA......

Comment

Captions?

Sam: Thor, you know nobody is a better stupid thinker than I am!

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                                Captions?

Sam: Thor, you know nobody is a better stupid thinker than I am!
                                Mitchell as leader??? I dunno about that....

Comment

Working...
                                X