No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If emus are mean, the emu probably shouldn't be the royal bird. Maybe he/she should just pop up in the same way the or does.

Comment

Strix--did you give us a link to your latest story a couple of days ago? I can't find it if you did. Could you repost?

Comment

How about a peacock. All the colours of the rainbow in one icon.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
          If emus are mean, the emu probably shouldn't be the royal bird. Maybe he/she should just pop up in the same way the or does.
          I say if the Emu is mean, let's make him the Ambassador of the Dark Place of Negativity.
          Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
            Thus begins the great Samanda Emu vs Duck debate
            I have to vote for the emu. On another list to which I belong, one of the members wrote a very humorous story in which Pete was killed by a rabid emu. While I never disliked Pete and would not want to see him killed by rabid emus or angry badgers, it was just so cleverly done that I have been fond of emus ever since.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
              So then maybe the DUCK should be the Official Royal Bird and then the Emu would be used when we're irked at something...

Kind of like...."What's DAT supposed to mean????"

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Some more bird thoughts… The Emu has lots of character and is cute (?). And while it is tall and can almost look the Queen in the eye since it’s 5’7” tall, it is flightless. The duck is…a…duck.

I put forth an additional possibility. Here’s a bird fit for a kingdom. Although small in stature it is the world’s fastest flyer. When in a swoop it can reach speeds of 200mph (something the Queen might appreciate). Its’ colors include the Queen’s favorite, orange. Although a bird of prey, any Emu on the kingdom grounds is safe. The duck, however, may be in trouble.

Presenting the Peregrine Falcon….

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                  Woohoooo!!! Congrats to you, too, Sky! And Über!!!

Someone needs to break into the royal liquor cabinet so we can toast our winners!
                  Thank you!

And without further adieu, here it is for your viewing pleasure...The Basic Ingredients to Romance: Stargate Style. (if you're not a shipper, you might want to DUCK now ):

Dangit. They forgot the UMLAUT!!!!!

Okay now I didn't keep up with this contest nearly as much as the Amanda Tapping one (mostly because, based on the other entries, I didn't think I had a snowball's chance on Abydos). Please tell me what Samandans had entered into this contest and post them please...I'd love to see it!!!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

one of the members wrote a very humorous story in which Pete was killed by a rabid emu.
                    WE SO HAVE TO USE THE EMU
                    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                    love Torri

Comment

I'm a sucker for falcons...however the duck is one of my favorite birds thanks to Donald and Daffy.
                      one of the members wrote a very humorous story in which Pete was killed by a rabid emu.
                      OOOH...Emu's lookin' better now.

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                        Some more bird thoughts… The Emu has lots of character and is cute (?). And while it is tall and can almost look the Queen in the eye since it’s 5’7” tall, it is flightless. The duck is…a…duck.

I put forth an additional possibility. Here’s a bird fit for a kingdom. Although small in stature it is the world’s fastest flyer. When in a swoop it can reach speeds of 200mph (something the Queen might appreciate). Its’ colors include the Queen’s favorite, orange. Although a bird of prey, any Emu on the kingdom grounds is safe. The duck, however, may be in trouble.

Presenting the Peregrine Falcon….

SamFan, lol - those are awsome pics!! The Peregrine Falcon is one of my favorite birds of all time. It's so graceful. But we're just such a goofy, silly bunch, here. I dunno, I kinda like the idea of laughing hysterically at the Royal Bird. Similar to the way I like laughing hysterically at my nasty bed-hair when I wake up every morning... uh... did I just say that out loud?

mini(yeah, i have crazy bed hair most mornings...)geek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                          I'm a sucker for falcons...however the duck is one of my favorite birds thanks to Donald and Daffy.OOOH...Emu's lookin' better now.

But Über, do you really think he could EMUlate Donald and Daffy ?
                          Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                            But Über, do you really think he could EMUlate Donald and Daffy ?

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                              Well the Emu is certainly assertive
                              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                              love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                                I have begun the process just have to wait now
                                You'll have to let me know what you think of it.
                                sigpic
                                I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X