No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the mitch thread is taking a little break. things were getting a little heated so it's been ushered off to our private place to be reviewed

whether ornot it comes back is still being determined
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      are you sure, skydiver?

*runs off*

sally
      well the mikta part might apply...but hon, trust me, me in leather...aint' pretty (although i do love my leather jackets)
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        the mitch thread is taking a little break. things were getting a little heated so it's been ushered off to our private place to be reviewed

whether or not it comes back is still being determined
        Ooh ... the inner sanctum... wish I could be a fly on the wall ....

Comment

Über, have you considered writing the ptb and telling them this? use your first post and then this one.

sally
          I've thought about it...but how do I communicate this to them without being perceived as a nutcase Sam junkie desperate for ship? (which okay, I guess I am...but that's beside the point )

I mean I believe it's a reasonable point of view that could help them clear this perceived hurdle from last season and make everyone look good...especially Sam and TPTB...and it would make the fans not feel deceived by how last season ended.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
            Gosh, I'm jealous ... you didn't tell me I had nice legs when we were in Intercourse!
            LOL! I guess I was caught up in the moment. You have lovely legs, CG!

And on topic... It would be nice to see Sam in some hand-to-hand combat, but I wonder if AT would want that right now. Didn't I read somewhere that she's not doing her own stunts this season because of the baby? Fight scenes, I think, can be pretty physically demanding, particularly if the script called for Sam to get knocked around a little.

My LJ

Comment

whether ornot it comes back is still being determined
              Thank God.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                Ooh ... the inner sanctum... wish I could be a fly on the wall ....
                LOL. Me, too...

Comment

For those of you who may have missed it, about a few hundred pages ago, here's the Royal Accountant, Coley, imitating Sam Carter ... with faithful Hugo thinking how crazy humans really are!

Yippee, I can retire for the night as I just posted "the big one" ... my 1700th! G'night all!
                  Last edited by Skydiver; 14 October 2005, 04:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                    that comment is a crime worse than "affinity" (but not really). and sally if you're reading this, no i don't remember that episode either! hhhmm. as i recall there were only 19 episodes last season.
                    yep! 19 eps in season 8, and 19 eps in season 7!

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                      LOL! I guess I was caught up in the moment. You have lovely legs, CG!

And on topic... It would be nice to see Sam in some hand-to-hand combat, but I wonder if AT would want that right now. Didn't I read somewhere that she's not doing her own stunts this season because of the baby? Fight scenes, I think, can be pretty physically demanding, particularly if the script called for Sam to get knocked around a little.
                      That's better! Couldn't resist posting just one more tonight ...

Holy Hannah ... by end-of-season shooting, Olivia would have been six months old! Peasant women are tillin' the back forty by the time their kiddles are six hours old ... I think AT could have handled it! Plus her stunt double could have been used if necessary. I'm sure AT's into quite a physical routine of her own since having baby.

Matter of fact, another question for GABIT: Would Amanda like to have some physical-combat scenes in S10? What aspect of Sam does she feel needs more attention?

Comment

yep! 19 eps in season 8, and 19 eps in season 7!

sally
                        Oooohhhh... You guys must be talking about CHIMERA and AFFINITY.

I see...

*ducks behind Sky*

Comment

Originally Posted by ÜberSG-1Fan:
                          But my point I was trying to make earlier (rather clumsily I'll admit)...is that WHATEVER your position was regarding Jack and Sam...whether you ship her with someone else in your mind or ship her with no one at all...the debate is moot because of what they did last season and the fact that Jack isn't around anymore.

So...non-shippers...antishippers...Jack/Sam shippers...Blue Jello/Sam shippers...WHOEVER...As Sam fans of all ilks, we all need to support the idea of some sort of onscreen followup with Jack now because TPTB clearly went that direction and chose to go down that road...and Carter needs to be portrayed as the strong character she is who weathered an emotional storm and came out the other end intact.

If they ignore it forever, then the whole Pete/Threads/Always blah blah blah was meaningless...and her character will devolve into someone who is all work/all the time...something Jacob never wanted for her and something she realized in season 7 she didn't want for herself either.
                          This is well said. I don't consider myself a virulent shipper, but if the producers just drop this longtime storyline I'll be sorely disappointed. And, for the record, I always hated the fact that the Sam/Jack storyline was ever influenced by online fandom at all. In my book, it started being about doing right by the characters around season seven. Both the Sam and Jack characters have too much invested in that storyline to act as if it never existed. And just to throw my two cents in, I wouldn't put too much stock into any interviews that have come out lately. Every single bit of info let out for the past few months has been remarkably "on message". The PR department is certainly controlling most of what gets asked and how it is answered, though the message they're sending is definitely questionable.

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
                            Nah, your vision is fine. I can't find the thread either. I suppose it was deleted, but I have to say that I'm disappointed to have missed the final salvo. I'm not sure what was said to finally warrant killing the whole thread, but it must have been pretty damn entertaining. Guess I'll have to find somewhere else to get a laugh now.
                            Did anyone see DB's incessantly juvenile post in response to one of my earlier posts before the thread was cut? It was quite entertaining, however it crossed the line in my opinion, with personal attacks so it may very well have been the cutting point. I reported DB to the mods requesting action on it and i'm not sure if that was before or after the thread was cut . . . . If you didn't get a chance to see it that's too bad as it was quite funny, made me laugh anyway, and it certinly revealed DB for what he is..

Comment

I do think that his comments in the interview about RDA were some of the only ones - other than those from amanda - that i consider professional. I certainly don't expect everyone on the cast and crew to bemoan rda's absence and wax poetical aobut the 'good old days'...but it is refreshing to have someone acknowledge that if it wasn't for rda agreeing to hang around they all woulda been unemployed FOUR YEARS AGO.
                              yes.

and even if he were asked to say something positive about rda (since fans have been moaning about the opposite for rda), i don't care, because it's still something positive.

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                                Did anyone see DB's incessantly juvenile post in response to one of my earlier posts before the thread was cut? It was quite entertaining, however it crossed the line in my opinion, with personal attacks so it may very well have been the cutting point. I reported DB to the mods requesting action on it and i'm not sure if that was before or after the thread was cut . . . . If you didn't get a chance to see it that's too bad as it was quite funny, made me laugh anyway, and it certinly revealed DB for what he is..
                                I'm afraid I have that kid on ignore, so I didn't have the pleasure (gah). But I'm sure we can all imagine. I got private comments from him that were - colorful - to say the least. Anyhow, I'm glad, at least, the fighting can stop there now. Parts of that thread really made me cringe. And not just as a Sam Carter fan.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Working...
                                X