Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm..Page 906

906 was the ep that Sam returned in
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Fly-by post! Just waiting for traffic to clear out a little so I can head home from work.....

Have you seen this article? http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/1...figuresi.shtml

Hey! Where was everyone last night?
      Were you all tied up?

I was quite lonely here. It was very odd to be here all alone before bedtime.

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
        Hmmm..Page 906

906 was the ep that Sam returned in
        Good omen, eh?!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
          Fly-by post! Just waiting for traffic to clear out a little so I can head home from work.....

Have you seen this article? http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/1...figuresi.shtml

Hey! Where was everyone last night?
          Were you all tied up?

I was quite lonely here. It was very odd to be here all alone before bedtime.
          Now that's a hoot! Great screencap! Sorry you didn't have anyone to play with ... now if you had already bought some SG1 dolls, you could have made them talk to each other and you wouldn't have felt so lonely!

Comment

spoilers for s7, s8, s9, s10 (tried to cover all the bases )

if there's a season 10, here's some of what i'd like to see:

*sam and jack IN a relationship.

*replicarter is not dead. she was taken away/saved by oma, but then deposited on a planet as a human. but still a biotch. but with a soul. sam helps to salvage this broken soul.

*sam in command of something, whether it's sg1 or not.

okay, anyone have anything else to add?

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
              Omigosh, ROTFL - I never heard the term "plot bunnies" and, yes, Sal, you've come up with some great ones! If Sky doesn't take them and run, I may ask you for permission!
              *frustrated sigh*

everyone i've tried to rep i can't!

anyhoo, yes, you can take the bunnies for a plot walk.

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

If you haven't had a chance to read or listen to the GW Interview with Peter DeLuise, let me flash forward to three excerpts which caught my attention:

(Speaking about the new cast members):

PDL "And, of course, Claudia can do no wrong in my eyes. We've got her in this hot little tightly-cut dress. It doesn't even matter what she's saying. She's just perfect."

GW "...with the changes on both shows this year, what do you think that fans have to look forward to the most in the upcoming season for both shows?"

PDL "More in-depth information about each individual character ... It's not just The Ben Browder Show now. It's more about the qualities of the supporting cast, I think."

(Regarding Atlantis' first season (coinciding with SG1's S8):

PDL "... the first year they were going to get cut off, establish a reason for watching the show. Because otherwise they would be dialing up and saying, 'could you send SG-1? We've got another problem! Any problem worth having would've been worth getting SG-1 to come and solve it, or Carter at least to fix it'."

I've added the red to lines which seem to give us further insight into TPTB's states of mind (or mindlessness depending on how you interpret the statements). I think the Claudia Black remark speaks for itself ... they wanted sex and the single siren, and they got it! As to "It's not just The Ben Browder Show", I never knew it was!
                Spoiler:
                And as to marooning Atlantis in their first season so the cast/arcs became established, well I can buy most of that ... except that calling Carter to fix things might have been a good cross-over. She would have been looking professional and competent. Now when she does get over to Atlantis in S2, it will be to sex-up Rodney's isolation and appear as a dream in a submarine ... just lovely, Rodney's "wet dream"! I want to see Rodney and Sam together again because it's a lot like Felger and Sam and could be quite funny and snarky. But I'm not totally sold on this weak plot device. Even if she "saves him" in the submarine, she's not there ... just a figment of his imagination and we certainly know he has a thing for "sexy ... blondes". Back to woman as object. I want Carter to be used as a real hero, capable of flying to Atlantis and helping her comrades there. If they are building more Daedalus-like ships, let's give Sam full command of one!

Okay, rant over ... descending from soapbox.
                Last edited by ChopinGal; 12 October 2005, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Anything we want

Take a look at the index: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...page=442&pp=20
                  thank you!

since you'd ask me to update my opening/welcoming post to samanda to add this index... i lost the link. i was going to ask you for it again, but i forgot. and since i deleted your pm to ask me to update the welcoming post, it made it easier to forget. i was going to make a note to remember to ask you, but i forgot. and then i forgot who asked me. and then i just forgot that i forgot.

so thank you for reminding me!

(better go add the index link now before i... uh, forget

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

If you haven't had a chance to read or listen to the GW Interview with Peter DeLuise, let me flash forward to three excerpts which caught my attention:

(Speaking about the new cast members):

PDL "And, of course, Claudia can do no wrong in my eyes. We've got her in this hot little tightly-cut dress. It doesn't even matter what she's saying. She's just perfect."

GW "...with the changes on both shows this year, what do you think that fans have to look forward to the most in the upcoming season for both shows?"

PDL "More in-depth information about each individual character ... It's not just The Ben Browder Show now. It's more about the qualities of the supporting cast, I think."

(Regarding Atlantis' first season (coinciding with SG1's S8):

PDL "... the first year they were going to get cut off, establish a reason for watching the show. Because otherwise they would be dialing up and saying, 'could you send SG-1? We've got another problem! Any problem worth having would've been worth getting SG-1 to come and solve it, or Carter at least to fix it."

I've added the red to lines which seem to give us further insight into TPTB's states of mind (or mindlessness depending on how you interpret the statements). I think the Claudia Black remark speaks for itself ... they wanted sex and the single siren, and they got it! As to "It's not just The Ben Browder Show", I never knew it was!
                    Spoiler:
                    And as to marooning Atlantis in their first season so the cast/arcs became established, well I can buy most of that ... except that calling Carter to fix things might have been a good cross-over. She would have been looking professional and competent. Now when she does get over to Atlantis in S2, it will be to sex-up Rodney's isolation and appear as a dream in a submarine ... just lovely, Rodney's "wet dream"! I want to see Rodney and Sam together again because it's a lot like Felger and Sam and could be quite funny and snarky. But I'm not totally sold on this weak plot device. Even if she "saves him" in the submarine, she's not there ... just a figment of his imagination and we certainly know he has a thing for "sexy ... blondes". Back to woman as object. I want Carter to be used as a real hero, capable of flying to Atlantis and helping her comrades there. If they are building more Daedalus-like ships, let's give Sam full command of one!

My rant on Grace under Pressure:
                    Spoiler:
                    You know I'm not hugely worried about Grace under Pressure as long as they stay true to both characters. If, as you say, it's a woman as an object thing, I'm going to get narky and throw things at the telly. However, hopefully it's going to be a snarky Sam beating McKay around, forcing him to think and save the day. I also hope we see funny snarky McKay, not wishy washy I'm such a poor little boy McKay. But that might be for another thread....

Comment

Hear Ye Hear Ye Hear Ye

The Queen's pets were seen running amok lately, through the rose garden and down the back lawn. Royal security staff managed to round up the doggies but we sorely need someone in charge of the Samandan menagerie.

Therefore, I nominate our very own jerin (lover of small cuddly things, be they human or animal) as Royal Pet Groomer/Dog Walker. Jerin comes to us well qualified to handle this job as she had previously groomed and watched Cassandra's dawg.

Oh yea, what say, fellow Samandans? Who will second the motion?

Jester
                      my voteth be yeseth!

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

7 inches according to gw
                        uh, what are we talking about?

or who.

*evil grin*

sally

i know what we're talking about, but i couldn't help myself
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

(snipped)

chopingal, me too.

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                            spoilers for s7, s8, s9, s10 (tried to cover all the bases )

<<my snipping>>

if there's a season 10, here's some of what i'd like to see:

*sam and jack IN a relationship.

*replicarter is not dead. she was taken away/saved by oma, but then deposited on a planet as a human. but still a biotch. but with a soul. sam helps to salvage this broken soul.

*sam in command of something, whether it's sg1 or not.

okay, anyone have anything else to add?
                            sally
                            -Picking up on Replicarter: She left a little chip in Sam's head during her "sharing" and it activates causing Sam to hallucinate, do crazy stuff. Sam holds onto her sanity with the memory of Janet Frasier, who helps her until Sam is rescued or finds a solution. Would so love to see the two in their own episode! Rather than be too much like Daniel was to Jack in Abyss, some flashbacks of scenes of her and Janet (not necessarily aired before), to flesh out their military/off duty friendship.

-Teal'c reunites with Ishtar's (?) people to warn them of the Ori and Garek's new mission. Get some info on what the female based society is doing in the wake of Goa'uld demise, how they are integrating males (such as Ry'ak) and to just tie up odd ends or start new threads. Allies against the Ori?

-Daniel investigates a possible Goa'uld on earth, and finds that it's Sara, the ex-Osiris. But is she a snake head again, or ...? Obviously she ain't too right when he finds her. With Sam working with him, of course to solve this mystery.

-Jack ascends and goes off to fight the Ori. Tearful and passionate parting with Sam. Hey, if RDA isn't coming back, this would send him off royally!

-A season 10 with Amanda, Chris, Michael, Ben.

Just sayin'.
                            MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                            sigpic
                            Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                              uh, what are we talking about?

or who.

*evil grin*
                              sally

i know what we're talking about, but i couldn't help myself
                              Thank God I already drunk my cup of tea or I would have ruined my keyboard!! You *are* evil woman, evil! Is that what happens when you get the O'Neillium downloaded into your brain?!

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                                I'm gonna start shipping Sam with the Blue Jello pretty soon...... Samello.....
                                Pfft, as if not be doing that already

Comment

Working...
                                X