Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
    Anyone besides Jackfan and I up for a SG-1/Atlantis Season4/movies rewatch for some much needed Sam discussion (you know it's bad when two polar bears are lurking on the S/J discussion thread just to get some Sam discussion)?
    I'm game.
    sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
    May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Anyone besides Jackfan and I up for a SG-1/Atlantis Season4/movies rewatch for some much needed Sam discussion (you know it's bad when two polar bears are lurking on the S/J discussion thread just to get some Sam discussion)?
      Yes, that is bad. Oooh, so tonight my boss told me about the aquarium in Chicago where you can dress up as penguins. Yes, even the adults. And take pictoral evidence. I think a stop there is definitely required! LOL

So yes, I'd potentially be in ... let me know what we're watching when, and I'll try my darndest to make it work over here!
      *going into stargate/sanctuary withdrawl*

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
      Hi Mumsey!! And everyone else!

We just got back from our summerholiday to Austria. Was wonderful with the 3 of us

Some Milou news and pictures under the cut!

Spoiler:
      Milou can't walk by herself yet. She'll be 1 year old in 2 weeks, so that would be pretty early. She does love to walk when you hold her hands. Can't get enough of that ... *sigh* ... hehe. She has no teeth yet either! That's kinda weird ... but I'm sure they will come.
      She is still super happy all the time. Loves our cats, and the youngest one really loves her back .. they are very cute together. She eats all sorts of things now, loves her bread especially.

I'm still a very happy mom ... never would've thought it is so wonderful having this little girl.

And here are some pictures from our holiday

Oh, and on topic. In the evenings of our holiday, when Milou was asleep, hubby and I finished SGA S4. Liked it very much! Fun episodes. Sam was very underused, but I knew that would be the case. Loved Trio. We laughed so much about McKay ... hehe.
      On to season 5 we go. We have 1,5 week holiday (at home) left.

Hope everyone is ok!!

*sends lots of hugs
      She is simply too cute!!! *squishes*

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
      What a sweetie! She's going to be walking very soon now, then you will have to hang everything on the ceiling! She'll be into everything! Been there done that!

Mumsey
      Oh yes. My eldest nephew is now 19 months old, and is into EVERYTHING. His attention span is somewhere between that of a gnat and of a squirrel, he LOVES to take things apart and them put them back together the way HE thinks they should go (seriously, the boy straightens our bookshelves every time he visits!), he wants to open all the doors and drawers just so he can shut them again ... and he's currently obsessed with our mail slot. *blinks* Plus he's learning to talk, which adds to the fun -- you can't always make out *what* he's saying, but his tone is oh so very clear My grandparents were over the last time he was, and Grandma finally had to leave, because just watching the rest of us chase him was tiring her out! LOL!
      ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
      ames on facebook
      ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

I'm in!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...-amanda-209538

Minor Sanctuary S4 spoilers at end of article.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            i think the stargate rewatch is doing to start sometime soon. and then certainly, we can bring any discussion into here.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
              http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...-amanda-209538

Minor Sanctuary S4 spoilers at end of article.
              Loved the opening line: "With hundreds of thousands of people attending San Diego Comic-Con every year and the July 20-24 event quickly approaching, The Hollywood Reporter chatted with the big names in television to discuss their favorite memories and tips for attending the annual event."

Amanda's moving up.
              Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
              William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
              Anon

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                Loved the opening line: "With hundreds of thousands of people attending San Diego Comic-Con every year and the July 20-24 event quickly approaching, The Hollywood Reporter chatted with the big names in television to discuss their favorite memories and tips for attending the annual event."

Amanda's moving up.
                Go Amanda.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                  The whole forum is re-watching Stargate from the beginning. Look here http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=81320
                  sigpic

Comment

and since 'everyone' is watching, I see no reason what so ever we can't focus on Sam in here.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I was thinking about that, that way there is a set time for each eppy, and it'll be easier for those who visit multiple threads.
                      sigpic
                      Mourning Sanctuary.
                      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                        I was thinking about that, that way there is a set time for each eppy, and it'll be easier for those who visit multiple threads.
                        The rewatch starts Aug. 1st.

I just watched SG1 a few months ago and would love to have the Gateworld discussion experience with the rewatch. Can't wait for the talk on Sam's dialogue about her reproductive organs being on the outside. hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                          Go Amanda.
                          And in their interview with Colin Ferguson:

THR: If you had to pick out a costume for Comic-Con, who would you go as?

Ferguson: I would dress up as Amanda Tapping, just because you know you’ll bump into them at some point and they’ll go, “Really? You’re dressed as me.” I would get a kick out of that.

Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                          William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                          Anon

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                            And in their interview with Colin Ferguson:

THR: If you had to pick out a costume for Comic-Con, who would you go as?

Ferguson: I would dress up as Amanda Tapping, just because you know you’ll bump into them at some point and they’ll go, “Really? You’re dressed as me.” I would get a kick out of that.

hehehehehe..... Can't you all hear her say just that... with a little giggle too.

Edit:

I am wondering something. In what episodes do we get to hear the biggest Sam laugh? I remember the cute Sam smile but can't place a big laugh? After I get the answer I want to watch the episode.

Comment

Sadly, I prolly won't be joining in with the rewatch. Five episodes a week is a bit much for me with work and especially since it's been watched so many times already before. Hard to keep my attention on it when there are so many new shows to watch (when I find time) that will be airing each night/week as well.

Hope everyone has a fun time with it though!

Comment

you can still join in on the discussion even if you don't rewatch

and if folks want to get a head start, go for it.

you know, right now, could pick one episode a week and make it through most of the 'classic' era of sg1 (by that I mean the earlier seasons before all the changes in s7+)

someone pick your favorite 'best' sam episode, people can have all week or weekend to watch it, then discuss.

those that don't have time to watch could always read the transcripts to refresh your memory and then chat about it.
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X