Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Qasim
    Anyone else notice that this is page 900
    yep, we're gonna hit post 18,000 today!!!

there should be cake
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      Way to go, Samandans!!!

there should be cake

There is talk of cake!? Can't wait!!

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

there should be cake
        In honour of Royal Baker's culinary summer delights ... what better time to bring them back! I may be at work when the big "18,000" rolls around later this afternoon but certainly want to contribute to the party!

Keep the home fires burning, and dive in to your favorite cake, please! (Well, not literally!)

Comment

Passion is fine...but not as much so when it comes hand and hand with intolerance towards others.
          Very nicely put, Sky.

My LJ

Comment

Here's a story I just finished. It's pretty shippy, but it also has some good Sam whumping and soldier/scientist Sam bits... It was an interesting direction to take Sam in, but it worked for me when I thought I would not like it. Please pay attention to the warnings.

Kaleidoscope by AM Richardson
            http://www.shahrazad.net/~sgnovels/s...leidoscope.txt

My LJ

Comment

wow! a sane vala fan!!
              Shes a real gem
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

Shes a real gem
                she is. and it just goes to show that you can't judge a fan by his/her preferences.

i mean, take me for example. i like sam/jack ship...i also like sam/teal'c and whilei do enjoy aspects of it in the show, it's not a make it or break it thing for me.

so, i often find myself too shippy for the anti-shippers....but too anti-ship for teh shippers....and pretty much in themiddle

kinda fun that way
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Now, i do have my personal issues with vala and how she's been presented most of the time...but i lay blame for that on the doorstep of the writers, not the actor. I think the writers, while i'm sure they were having fun, also were likely under some pressure to sex things up, and vala became that unfortunate vehicle.
                  I'm with you on that.

I'm afraid I disliked Vala from the start. The scantily dressed sex tease really turned me off. The script was nearly 90% innuendo.

I myself wouldn't watch the show if she became a regular. Women and women actors deserve better.

I have never seen Claudia Black before and I can say she has got presence. She deserved a much better character. Keep the sex out of it and develop a back story, make her a serious kick ass outcast getting by on her wits and she would grab my attention.

I agree with Sky the ex host thing is an interesting aspect and one which could bring her and Sam together.

I think CB played the role spot on. I understand Rob Cooper gave her a free reign in how she played the role. Well she didn't play it camp, she didn't play it high camp she actually played it higher than high camp which, to me, gives an insight into what she thought of the script and character.

As it stands Vala is the opposite of Sam and pretty much a lot of what I diplore in society today.

If Vala was to return in any great quantity I would hope the writers change her quite a lot, which to me means they should have written her differently to start with.

I agree with Sky that I think the writers are under pressure to sex things up. I'm just thankful Sam hasn't copped for it the same way Vala did.

Comment

Ah jester

The avator worked!!!

Comment

she is. and it just goes to show that you can't judge a fan by his/her preferences.
                      Indeed when I had problems with the 'Vala brigade' she kept me sane and stopped me from making even more of a fool of myself
                      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                      love Torri

Comment

Oh and on my preferences. Despite being a massive Sam fan. I prefer the team eps to anything else and I'm still waiting for the writers to provide us with episodes which time after time have the team firmly together pitting their wits against the enemy with everyone sharing an equal role.

None of this Teal'c off with the Jaffa stuff, Daniel being a spare part. I want some great team eps!!

My fave ep is still Crystal Skull so no Sam bias there!!

Comment

Indeed when I had problems with the 'Vala brigade' she kept me sane and stopped me from making even more of a fool of myself

Sounds like we have a great addition to the thread!!

Comment

Oh gosh ForeverSG1 I do hope the family stuff sorts itself out.

Samanda won't be the same without you and I was so looking forward to meeting you at GABIT.

You take care you hear and drop by whenever you can - a little escape from RL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                              Oh and on my preferences. Despite being a massive Sam fan. I prefer the team eps to anything else and I'm still waiting for the writers to provide us with episodes which time after time have the team firmly together pitting their wits against the enemy with everyone sharing an equal role.

None of this Teal'c off with the Jaffa stuff, Daniel being a spare part. I want some great team eps!!

My fave ep is still Crystal Skull so no Sam bias there!!
                              Hey Coley, this post was #18,000!!!

My LJ

Comment

Thanks Strix. Glad it was a more positive one!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X