X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopinGal
    Hear Ye Hear Ye Hear Ye

Good Citizens of Samanda

The above Roll Call of Samanda has been updated through the expedient service of Qasim who was able to provide Jester with the original post. Since coming to Samanda, Q has been quite helpful and friendly and eager to serve.

The lad seems to have skills in accounting, economics, computers, and maintaining records. I think it proper to appoint him as Royal Administrative Assistant as he seems quite able to undertake many duties in managing the kingdom. Oh yea, what say you all?

By past decree, so let it be known that minigeek is now Royal Terminator and APM (Alternate Pain in the Mikta) and sunKrux has been assigned to the Royal Security staff. The dancer of spaz has had a slight change in title, requesting "Royal Documentarian" to be added, and Uber is now Royal Videographer in addition to being the first and prime Pain in the Mikta.

Please confirm or advise regarding these appointments.

Your humble servant, Jester
    LOVE it! Thanks to everyone in the court. Alas! I wish I had time to be part of the court. Sigh!

Goa'uld queen in possession of Daniel, Jonas and Martouf clones
    Lovely signature courtesy of Admiral Q O and Skydiver.

Comment

And it's not like others haven't made mistakes or gotten manipulated. Heck, Teal'c fell for a fake Jaffa messiah after all. I didn't hear anyone kicking him off the team for being manipulated by Imotep.(sp?)
      that is a very good point.
      gemini
      Spoiler:

i do agree with uber and sally almost entirely, however the one thing i don't agree with is that replicarter was the only one who could manipulate sam. jonas hansen could manipulate her, as could pete in my opinion, for example.
      sam is very trusting. she tends to see the best in people. and she's a genuinely good person, so when something that was created in her image appears, of course she is going to trust it when it shows her that the guy who tortured her, also tortured the doppelganger. RC showed sam an image of her being forced to kill the some of the people she cares most about in the universe!

i don't think something like this could have happened to jack, as he is by nature untrusting. and even if it were himself, he knows exactly the kind of things he is capable of, having served in black ops. teal'c too could not be duped again, i think, for the reasons stated above. he's already learned his lesson. (and recieved no critisism for it. although he is bigger than everyone, who's gonna call him on it?).
      sam learned her lesson in this, and i think that it strengthened her. i think it was an important bit of character development for her.

and while it may be unfortunate that this episode happened when sam was already recieving critisism from on line fandom, i don't think it was the wrong time to show something like this. most, if not all of the critisism, was unjust and unreasonable, and came from some of the more extreme fans. i spent many a post going - ok, i kinda see your point, BUT, it makes sense if you look at it like this. mostly to no avail.

there comes a time, when a tv show must ignore the more vocal and angry fanbase for the good of the show, and for the good of character development. generally when this happens its for a reason. they usually have a game plan for at least the rest of the season. usually.

sorry to do this anti-shippers, but its the most obvious example i can think of at the mo'. the sam and pete thing. almost everybody hated it. but it was there for a reason. there were character developments required for sam before they could hook up sam and jack. it was all part of a master plan. all part of a characters development for a particular arc, for a particular element to that character. same goes for gemini. it was all part of an arc, of development for sams character, just as the sarah gardner thing was for daniel or the acension thing. just as the imhotep thing was for teal'c, just as kanan thing was for jack.

i guess what i'm trying to say is, all those unreasonable and vicious sam vigilanties can just go and <long string of expletives deleted> themselves!

and well done to anybody who managed to make it through the above nonsensical rant! i offer you cookies, cake, pie and jello's*.

*colour of jello not guaranteed

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
        Aha! Now that makes me feel better and I can declare 5'-3 1/2" ... I see that I gained my half-inch back and Strix got rid of hers!
        I'm 5'-2 1/2''.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
          Fly-by post!

I've been in Georgia all day and just got back home in time to watch the syndicated S8 SG-1 ep of the week: Lockdown. And I just figured it out! Some of you probably already know this, so please forgive me if you do, but this little epiphany just hit me.

Remember when Skiffy announced the lineup for the S8 marathon that aired right before S9 started? And one of the eps they omitted was Lockdown? I just realized why!

Lockdown is the episode where the highly decorated Russian officer has been transferred to the SGC, asks for a place on an SG team.....and tells Jack he'd be honored to be considered for Jack's just-vacated spot on SG-1. Jack tells him in no uncertain terms that he doesn't care how highly decorated he is, or how much flight experience he has: he's not going near the Stargate until he's had the proper training.

Skiffy and/or TPTB didn't want us to see that ep just before S9 started, and Cam waltzed in to the SGC with no gate experience.....and the command of SG-1! Now, since the team had broken up at the start of S9, the situation was a little different.....but I still don't think they wanted to remind us of that right before they introduced Cam.

Just sayin'. Do you agree? Ok, I'm just trying to keep my eyes open til the ep is over--then it's off to bed! Talk to all tomorrow!
          You are so right! I tried to give you green jello, but you know how it is.

Comment

I'm so sad to hear things are not good for you Kat . You have such a beautiful family, I'd hate for there to be anthing seriously wrong. I feel priveledged that over this past year you've shared yourself with us at the same time as being so devoted to your family, and we've been very lucky to get little tidbits of info about your gorgeous daughter too.
            A pity you may not get to Gabit. I hope that you may oneday get to see Amanda, even if this is not that time.
            Love you Kat, and I really hope whatever it is that's upheaved your life will settle again.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
              Hello Samanda,

I just wanted to come by and say 'Aveo Amicuse'. Unfortunately my family is going through a bit of a crisis at the moment and I don't think I'll be around much anymore. I'll try to drop by and lurk when I can, but more than not, I won't have much time to post.

There is also a very good chance that I won't be making it to Gabit this year. If you have asked me to give anything to Amanda at Gabit, could you please send your requests on to Chopin Gal or Coley. I'm sure they would be more than willing to help out. I am very sorry for just bailing on so many of you but unfortunately this is a situation for which I have no control. There is a very small chance I may be able to go, but I probably won't know until the last moment.

As I have already purchased my Gabit ticket, I really hate the idea of the ticket going to waste. I'm going to try to talk to the coordinators of Gabit to see what their refund policy is like. But just in case, if you would love to see Amanda at Gabit and you don't have the money to go, please send me an email. I can't guarantee you the ticket as I'm not sure they are transferable, but if I'm not going, I'd really like to see someone from Samanda have it. Please keep in mind I only have one ticket and I may not know until Oct 26th if I can go or not.

I just want to thank you all for all the wonderful times you have given me and the encouragement you have given me with my fanart. You really are the Best of the Best. Each and every one of you will always be in my heart and thoughts even if I am not here with you.

Keep the fires of Samanda burning bright.

Peace and Love ( Amanda Forever )
              Kat

Edit: I'm 5'9" as well.
              I'm sorry to hear you can't stop by as often. I'm also sorry to hear about your family. Is there anything I can do? Hugs to you.

Comment

there are people that will and do hate everything about sam. they hate that she's on the show, they hate that she has lines, they hate that she has fans....she could quit and they would hate that she quit

SOME, and i do mean SOME of them, also hated jonas, and as soon as he was gone, they were so used to hating that they had to turn it somewhere...and sam was the target (jack got some bashing too, but jack has a LOT of vocal supporters and so it was a little bit harder)

Let them hate. let them wallow in their negativity. let them campaign to get vala back in place of sam....cause they'll be in for a sorry surprise.

Vala, while she did have some traits that i could live with, is simply not a sustainable character as she has been portrayed thus far. to be sustainable she'd have to be toned down like they toned down Rodney McKay to make him a regular. Her, at times, one dimensionality would make her character more of a charicture and simply is not sustainable week to week....so if they succeed in getting amanda fired to make room for claudia....well they probably won't like what they get simply because the series regular Vala wouldn't bear much resemblance to the vala we've seen thus far. Or if she does, oh the critics will definitely not be her friend.

Let folks hate. I have characters that i definiely don't like...but i do have better things to do with my time and effort than to do everything in my power to bash those characters and actors. The fact that these 'ladies' have nothing better to do really speaks to the sad state of their lives that they do have nothing better to do than obsess over a character on a tv show.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by David

GateWorld will be in Los Angeles at the end of the month to interview Ben Browder, and we're giving you a chance to ask him a question! Follow the instructions below and then, if you're already registered with us, click Quick Reply and submit!

Here's how it works!
                  1. If you're a lurker, you'll need a free account in GateWorld Forum to ask.
                  2. The question must be your own.
                  3. Be sure your question has not already been entered by someone else! (Please!)
                  4. Try to come up with something atypical. This will increase your chances of yours being picked.
                  5. One question only, please.

At the bottom, be sure to submit the name you want to have with the interview (i.e. GateWorld reader David wants to know ...), so be sure, if you go with your alias, you pick something that's pronouncable!

Questions must be submitted no later than Tuesday, October 25 at 11:59 PM Eastern. I have to print these some time, yo!

Good luck, and thanks for contributing to GateWorld's features!

Ben's schedule is subject to change. This interview will be a video, so he will most likely address you directly.
                  Go here - http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...35#post4570135
                  gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                  so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                  love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by jerin
                    LOVE it! Thanks to everyone in the court. Alas! I wish I had time to be part of the court. Sigh!
                    You're not on the court? Are you at least a loyal subject?

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                      that is very cool. i would have no clue what to ask. it might help if i had seen anything other than one scene of his stargate work, and less than half of the farscape mini series. he seems like a great guy, but my main inquiry would be how he finds coming to a new show, and what his thoughts are on his new costars. which presumeably will be the first thing asked.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        there are people that will and do hate everything about sam. they hate that she's on the show, they hate that she has lines, they hate that she has fans....she could quit and they would hate that she quit

SOME, and i do mean SOME of them, also hated jonas, and as soon as he was gone, they were so used to hating that they had to turn it somewhere...and sam was the target (jack got some bashing too, but jack has a LOT of vocal supporters and so it was a little bit harder)

Let them hate. let them wallow in their negativity. let them campaign to get vala back in place of sam....cause they'll be in for a sorry surprise.

Vala, while she did have some traits that i could live with, is simply not a sustainable character as she has been portrayed thus far. to be sustainable she'd have to be toned down like they toned down Rodney McKay to make him a regular. Her, at times, one dimensionality would make her character more of a charicture and simply is not sustainable week to week....so if they succeed in getting amanda fired to make room for claudia....well they probably won't like what they get simply because the series regular Vala wouldn't bear much resemblance to the vala we've seen thus far. Or if she does, oh the critics will definitely not be her friend.

Let folks hate. I have characters that i definiely don't like...but i do have better things to do with my time and effort than to do everything in my power to bash those characters and actors. The fact that these 'ladies' have nothing better to do really speaks to the sad state of their lives that they do have nothing better to do than obsess over a character on a tv show.

If these very small vocally rude minority would actually get AT fired, I would be in shock! How that would even be conceivable or possible --- it is almost too difficult to comprehend, given the huge AT fanbase that exists. TPTB have to know that a very important part of fandom continues to watch because she is still on the show. This HUGE part of fandom would be stunned if this really were the case. Look at the fan outcry on just the leadership issue alone for Sam. Imagine if AT were pushed out and replaced when she did NOT want to be---they would lose a large contingent of their fanbase that they cannot afford to lose ---the ratings are "solid", not fabulous. They could easily go down---there are so many changes already---losing Sam would be the last straw for many, many fans. I think they know this. They need every segment of their audience right now.

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                          If these very small vocally rude minority would actually get AT fired, I would be in shock! How that would even be conceivable or possible --- it is almost too difficult to comprehend, given the huge AT fanbase that exists. TPTB have to know that a very important part of fandom continues to watch because she is still on the show. This HUGE part of fandom would be stunned if this really were the case. Look at the fan outcry on just the leadership issue alone for Sam. Imagine if AT were pushed out and replaced when she did NOT want to be---they would lose a large contingent of their fanbase that they cannot afford to lose ---the ratings are "solid", not fabulous. They could easily go down---there are so many changes already---losing Sam would be the last straw for many, many fans. I think they know this. They need every segment of their audience right now.
                          Yeah, I agree Chocdoc, they'd like nothing better, but it would be the nail in the coffin for the show for a lot of people. I can live with Mitchell stepping in and RDA leaving, but replacing Sam with Vala? No way, no how... the chemistry of the show would just change too radically.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                            I agree, it would be inconceivable. You are absolutely right, there is a HUGE AT fanbase out there. Not only was there a fan outcry on the leadership issue, but across the forum and the whole internet, I read how many fans were missing Sam/AT during the first 5 episodes this season. This could not have gone unnoticed. Unless Amanda decides on her own that it is time to move on, which is rather unlikely considering the most recent interviews, TPTB would be more than foolish to replace such a great character and actress. Amanda/Sam is simply irreplaceable.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                              Hello Samanda,

I just wanted to come by and say 'Aveo Amicuse'. Unfortunately my family is going through a bit of a crisis at the moment and I don't think I'll be around much anymore. I'll try to drop by and lurk when I can, but more than not, I won't have much time to post.

Keep the fires of Samanda burning bright.

Peace and Love ( Amanda Forever )
                              Kat

Edit: I'm 5'9" as well.
                              Just read it Kat. I am so sorry to hear this. I really hope that things will work out. I am still hoping and wishing and praying that I see you at the Gabiteer dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
                                I agree, it would be inconceivable. You are absolutely right, there is a HUGE AT fanbase out there. Not only was there a fan outcry on the leadership issue, but across the forum and the whole internet, I read how many fans were missing Sam/AT during the first 5 episodes this season. This could not have gone unnoticed. Unless Amanda decides on her own that it is time to move on, which is rather unlikely considering the most recent interviews, TPTB would be more than foolish to replace such a great character and actress. Amanda/Sam is simply irreplaceable.
                                I totally agree with chocdoc AND Dani. And I love your sig, lady!

All I know is, they'd have some major explaining to do if AT left and it wasn't by her own choosing.

Ah! I don't like this discussion. It's always the "completely inconceivable" stuff that you'd NEVER expect to happen... And then it does.

(And I really don't want to turn into a hypocrite when it comes to campaigning to get an actor back on the show... )

Comment

Working...
                                X