Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    Hello Samanda,

I just wanted to come by and say 'Hi'. Unfortunately my family is going through a bit of a crisis at the moment and I don't think I'll be around much anymore at least for a while. I'll try to drop by and lurk when I can, but more than not I won't have much time to post.

Keep the fires of Samanda burning bright.

Peace and Love ( Amanda Forever )
    Kat
    Kat:
    I am so sorry to hear that. I wish you and your family all the best and that everything will work out well and soon.
    We will miss your fantastic artwork and your great and insightful posts. You are one of the Samandans who made this thread as special as it is today.

You will be dearly missed. Hang in there and come back soon,
    Dani

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
      Oh, gee! See how tired I was last night? I didn't even think to put the stuff I mentioned from Lockdown in spoiler tags!!!! Duh!!!! My apologies to everyone for that. I guess I didn't think to do it because the parts I mentioned didn't detract from or give away the episode's plot. But they were crucial in making my point.

Anyway, I'm sorry if anyone feels that I may have compromised Lockdown for them.
      Actually...since it aired in syndication, doesn't that mean that it can be discussed openly sans tags???

Just wondering.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Kat...I hope that, whatever you're dealing with family wise, it smooths over nicely and joy will be restored. I also hope that you'll be able to go to GABIT as I know how much you've been looking forward to it.

Just keep in mind that no matter what RL does to you, you can come here and be surrounded by friends.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Kat, please keep lurking even if you can't post. I know visiting here every day has become a habit for me, and is almost always a bright spot for me, especially when RL is a downer. I don't post often, but I still feel like a member of the family. We'll keep the light on for you, and hope you can come back soon. if you can, just drop us a note once in a while.

NC

Comment

ForeverSg1 I really don't know you that well and vise versa, but I know how things are when you family is going through problems. My best wishes and thoughts are with you. Take care.

Comment

Hey Kat,

You'll be in my prayers. Lurk when you can and pos when you can - you will be missed. Take care - hope things go better for you and your family soon.
              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

I hope things get better for you soon Forever! You'll be missed

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                  Kat, please keep lurking even if you can't post. I know visiting here every day has become a habit for me, and is almost always a bright spot for me, especially when RL is a downer. I don't post often, but I still feel like a member of the family. We'll keep the light on for you, and hope you can come back soon. if you can, just drop us a note once in a while.

NC
                  And you most certainly are!!

Comment

Dear Kat

Please know that your online "family" is never far away ... and, as others have already said, stop by whenever you can. Even if you can't post your usual wonderful thoughts, at least read through and lurk a bit so that you still feel connected to all of us, as we will be to you!

Samanda is a bit sadder tonight ... and we're hoping and praying that the crisis is soon over and your back is also on the mend.

What a generous offer you've made regarding the ticket for GABIT and it doesn't surprise me. It's so like you! The spirit of kindness and compassion you love in Amanda is reflected in you also.

God bless and take care, CG
                    Last edited by ChopinGal; 09 October 2005, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                      Oh my gawd, that's rich. LOL - We've had a dupe of the correct master sitting in the studio for months now, it was obviously done right (at least once!), and yet they ended up releasing the wrong one? I wonder who's getting fired over this one? Zoiks.
                      Originally posted by ChopinGal
                      LOL here too ... what ever happened to "quality control" of production?! This should not have happened. It's irritating for the consumer and for the company too who has to now backstep.
                      Hmmmm....maybe I just have an overly suspicious mind. But since we know it was done right once, do you think--perhaps--they issued the shorter version to raise awareness and interest about the release in fandom?
                      Originally posted by Strix varia
                      I've always wanted to be an Agent of Darwinian Selection. "You should not be allowed to breed!" Zap.
                      Couldn't green you again so soon, but this just made me laugh out loud!
                      Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 09 October 2005, 04:06 PM.

Comment

48 Hours Review

This episode introduces Rodney McKay and has some hilarious and snarky moments between Sam and him. However, I paid more attention this time around to two other scenes. I guess it's because of my sensitivity to the whole leadership thing for Sam, but couldn't help wanting Hammond back now to decisively say something similar to the lines he spoke to Simmons when McKay first came on base:

"Good. He can report to Major Carter." Decisive and quick. There, take that. Carter is the one with the expertise, according to SGC standards, and therefore she's in charge.

And, then, at the end when Sam is rigging up the DHD in the Gateroom for Teal'c's risky return ... I loved that Jack said: "Are you sure you want to be in there for this?" Of course Siler ruins the moment by thinking he's the one being addressed and it turns into something humorous, but I liked that the writers gave us that little moment of Jack caring about Sam.

Okay, what were your favorite or most noticeable moments?

Comment

I'd like to say, "Aye, aye," to the actions taken by the Kingdom over the weekend. Congrats, Dani76 and Qasim!
                          Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                          Wow...for the most part, we Samandans are a short group, ain't we???

I guess we've made up for our lack of height with our breadth of wit and width of snark.
                          I'm 5', 4 1/2" tall. I think I'm seeing a trend here.....but Über framed it best!

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
                            Kat:
                            I am so sorry to hear that. I wish you and your family all the best and that everything will work out well and soon.
                            We will miss your fantastic artwork and your great and insightful posts. You are one of the Samandans who made this thread as special as it is today.

You will be dearly missed. Hang in there and come back soon,
                            Dani

Same here. I love your great artwork and wonderful posts, ForeverSg1. I'll be thinking of you and hoping everything gets better soon for you and your family. I hope you get to go to GABIT. Take care, and hopefully we'll see you back here soon.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                              Kat...I hope that, whatever you're dealing with family wise, it smooths over nicely and joy will be restored. I also hope that you'll be able to go to GABIT as I know how much you've been looking forward to it.

Just keep in mind that no matter what RL does to you, you can come here and be surrounded by friends.
                              I know I'm a "newbie" to the Samanda family, but ditto what Uber said.

Kat - I'm sending good thoughts and vibes your way. Hope whatever the crisis is with your family, it ends well for all concerned. We'll still be here and we'll leave a light on for you. ((((((Kat)))))) You will be missed!
                              sigpic
                              I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                                Someone really oughtta ding you for that nastiness...

*shudder*

You too, AD!
                                *blinks innocently

I don't get it...how's that reply to the caption nasty? In an alternate universe, Sam and Hammond could have a thing going.

btw, I got dinged Cause someone doesn't like that I disagreed with him on a thread concerning a certain aspect of Claudia Black's personal life. I'm so hurt.
                                sigpic
                                I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X