Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    just who are you and where do you work, minigeek?

DETAILS!

sally
    Hi Sally, it's no secret - and nothing terribly exciting I'm afraid. Actually I find it exciting, but I'm a GEEK.

I work for Technicolor in visual effects (post production). My team used to be part of Command Post/TOYBOX until we were bought out. I am (personally) a peon, of the Visual F/X Artist variety. I'm a colleague of (someone on these boards who won't let me mention even her screen name in the public forum on this particular website), except she's a little higher up than me in the food chain (d'oh!).

Basically, I'm a geeky 3D animator with a cool job (who got introduced to the SG-1 fandom obsession by my friggin BOSS, and now spends way too much time in online forums!! lol)

mini

In answer to the unasked:
    1. Yes, probably.
    2. Um, "Aviator", "National Treasure", "Startrek Enterprise (the TV series)", my specific team is working on post for "The Sentinel" right now. Not the most exciting post project in the world for the moment, but it's a living!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
      Hi Sally, it's no secret - and nothing terribly exciting I'm afraid. Actually I find it exciting, but I'm a GEEK.

I work for Technicolor in visual effects (post production). My team used to be part of Command Post/TOYBOX until we were bought out. I am (personally) a peon, of the Visual F/X Artist variety. I'm a colleague of (someone on these boards who won't let me mention even her screen name in the public forum on this particular website), except she's a little higher up than me in the food chain (d'oh!).

Basically, I'm a geeky 3D animator with a cool job (who got introduced to the SG-1 fandom obsession by my friggin BOSS, and now spends way too much time in online forums!! lol)

mini
      1. Yes, probably.
      2. Um, "Aviator", "National Treasure", "Startrek Enterprise (the TV series)", my specific team is working on post for "The Sentinel" right now. Not the most exciting post project in the world for the moment, but it's a living!
      That's way cool, minigeek. My nephew wants to do 3D animation. He's been through a two year Digital Media Animation and Design technical program and is now working on a bachelors in art. Listening to him gush about how fun it is has brought me a new appreciation for such things. And he's a big Stargate fan, too.

My LJ

Comment

mini

1. Yes, probably.
        Ooooo, nice

So like space ships? Explosions? That kind of stuff?

Comment

mini

1. Yes, probably.
          3D Animation. My dream job for FOREVER.

*shudders with glee*

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
            Ooooo, nice

So like space ships? Explosions? That kind of stuff?
            Oh yes, gizmos and spacewarps and particles, oh my!

And when the director leaves a frickin' crane in the shot because he didn't have enough money to do another take, we get to remove it from the scene. Cool hey? And we get to fix continuity mistakes they should have caught before they wrapped, like ..... moving telephones, amazing rotating cars, and my personal favorite, the incredible disappearing extra! All the really GLAM stuff. lol

But enough about me, this is the frickin SAM CARTER thread. Lets get back to the lady we love! (In many different ways and for many different reasons {cough cough})

SIR! For crying out loud, put that down........

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
              Greetings all - what a crazy week this has been and it's not over yet. First parade of the year for one of my bands tomorrow - so it will be an early morning tomorrow.

Question - Did any one else on this thread get a survey from NBC this past week by way of email? I received the notice on Wednesday and took the survey. The survey started with some generic questions about favorite types of shows and favorite channels. The last 30 or so questions were all about SciFi Friday night shows. A few on Firefly and Battlestar Galactica. Then questions about SG-1 and Atlantis. The first questions were multiple choice questions then it asked for opinions on both the Stargate shows. This was followed by multiple choice questions on all the main SG-1 characters from Season 9 - after this it gave me four that it said were picked at random to do short answer questions on - my four Carter, Mitchell, Vala, Priors. The last question was what would I like to see in a 10th season. This was one of the longest entertainment industry survey's I've ever been asked to take and it gave a lot of room for you to fill in your own answers as opposed to all mulitiple choice questions.
              As we say in these parts, "Hoo-whee!" What did you tell them?

Gee, it must be nice to live in Cal-eye-for-neeuh! I wish I had gotten that survey. I would have told them three things about what I want to see in S10:

1. Carter in Charge
              2. Guest shots by RDA
              3. A Sam/Jack happy ending!!!!!

Sigh.....but I didn't git no network survey here in the boonies! I need to load up the truck (not that I have a truck) and move to the Shake and Bake State! Sigh.....

And off-topic! Ah, fall! Marching band season! Parades, field show competitions, crisp fall air! Ah, fall!
              Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 09 October 2005, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn

And off-topic! Ah, fall! Marching band season! Parades, field show competitions, crisp fall air! Ah, fall!
                i live in Cal-eye-for-neeuh too (southern part), and fall for us is the annual Santa Ana winds, that blow winds from off-shore and through the desert (HOT, HOT, HOT!)... which causes our lovely fires that burn the entire state. and this happens each year. and that's when we're not fighting smog, high prices, illegal aliens (oops ), and earth quakes.

i didn't have stargate to watch tonight. didn't last week either, or next week... not watching until beach head, when sam/amanda returns!

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

And when the director leaves a frickin' crane in the shot because he didn't have enough money to do another take, we get to remove it from the scene. Cool hey? And we get to fix continuity mistakes they should have caught before they wrapped, like ..... moving telephones, amazing rotating cars, and my personal favorite, the incredible disappearing extra! All the really GLAM stuff. lol
                  Oh. You had me thinking that you were actually cool there for a little while

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                    Oh. You had me thinking that you were actually cool there for a little while
                    Phew! Glad I could clear that up.

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
                      So, to put it bluntly, I don't feel sorry for Joe. He puts himself out there. I do, however, wish that people would be a bit more polite and certainly more eloquent when they do comment. That's not human nature, though.
                      right on

lord only knows that i don't always agree with what they do, but i do respect that they're just doing thier job

if i want to be pissy and rude, well i save those comments for mgm or skiffy, Joe, et al, hey, like you said he's a big boy but i also know -not KNOW but know as in my impression - the the ruder people are the less likely they are to be taken seriously

i would imagine that the pissiest among the group are often mocked and made fun of...i know i would
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        right on

lord only knows that i don't always agree with what they do, but i do respect that they're just doing thier job

if i want to be pissy and rude, well i save those comments for mgm or skiffy, Joe, et al, hey, like you said he's a big boy but i also know -not KNOW but know as in my impression - the the ruder people are the less likely they are to be taken seriously

i would imagine that the pissiest among the group are often mocked and made fun of...i know i would
                        And unfortunately, they make everyone look bad. They get lumped into a great big ice-cube called "online fans" and that's the end of that. It's always the loudest and rudest of them that spoil the reputation of everyone out here who isn't being a (__________). George Bernard Shaw was right, we should all have have to get up in front of a great big panel every five years and justify our existence, on pain of obliteration.

Comment

But enough about me, this is the frickin SAM CARTER thread. Lets get back to the lady we love! (In many different ways and for many different reasons {cough cough})

SIR! For crying out loud, put that down........
                          Carter...Schmarter. LET'S TALK ABOUT YOU!!!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                            Other forums? Other forums? Let us call them by their true names: Other Places of Dark Negativity. They are like anti-matter to real matter, black holes to all light and reason... they suck the good-will from the soul and send it spiraling into darkness!

Mary Beth, I salute you for your valor. Doing battle in all places, you truly are a defender of the light and our Queen.
                            Boy, are you right there!!! I checked out a few forums here and there, and didn't think I could stand that kind of company!! I finally understood why online fans had such a weird reputation! I am soooo glad I found Gateworld though, and especially this thread! Once I saw the 'Here Kindness Reigns' motto, I knew it was right for me. I love reading everyones posts!!
                            sig by PM

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                              I'm going to quote myself (again)...and change what I'm asking.

I encourage you to respond to this...it's good for JM to see that this kind of insipid Sam bashing is not tolerated.

I added a response. That was the first time I even knew there was a place to respond! Geez. Some people's kids. I couldn't believe all the insulting going on in there. And it was usually someone signed as anonymous. How cowardly. I was glad to see a lot of people standing up to them though.
                              sig by PM

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                                No kidding about AT being the only one with a positive comment and show of respect for RDA! She mentioned missing him in another interview when she first started this season. I wish some of the other writers/actors would show the same courtesy. It just goes to show what a sweet friendly person AT must be in real life. From numerous reports she is always making people (new actors or fans) that come on the set feel right at home. It boggles the mind why a select group would choose to continue to bad mouth such a person when they have never met her.
                                Don't even get me started... I totally feel ya.

So in other news, when does everyone plan on watching 48 Hours? I'm thinking I'm gonna have to snag an hour on Sunday, since I left all of my seasons (except 4, of course) at my parents' house. And... I'm still debating whether I want to get Season Eight right. Is there ANY redeeming factor to purchasing a Region 1 Set?!?!?

Comment

Working...
                                X