Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    LOL

See...we won't bean ya with 4 week old produce...we'll just say in the nicest possible terms that if you do it again, you've got a date with the business end of a zat. How's that for nice???
    LOL Can I join your army? I don't have a Zat gun but I do pack a mean pulse pistol and rifle (think FS). I also have a whip...but only use it sparingly. People get jealous.

You know, I just realized that I didn't properly introduce myself when I just barged in. My bad. Will you all allow me to do so now? Or do you all enjoy the mystery of it? LOL
    sigpic
    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

*raises hand slowly and clears throat quietly

Oh great and powerful rulers of the Samandas - I would like to be considered for membership in the Royal guard, please. Thank you!
      sigpic

Comment

EXACTLY!!! (and I concur with the whole "consider yourself blessed" thing too).

Sam didn't have some of the experiences we've had with life and love. She was admittedly stunted in this area as she didn't want to expose herself to a relationship that would "inevitably end in heartache." She protected herself from it for most of her life. So she experienced her twenties a little later than most. I went through the learning experiences earlier on than she did and decided that, for the moment, I'm little miss career girl...and will be until I meet Mr. Right. So I relate to her more here than elsewhere...great professionally, really bad with men. Except with me, I know not to settle for Mr. Standin as I already went down that path. Of course I dare say Sam has learned hard lessons from Pete.
        i was relating to sam's situation, too. i'm of the age (42) where i'm seeing my chances of mr right (RICHARD DEAN ANDERSON, WHERE ARE YOU!!) dwindling to mr right now. and hey, i'll take that mr right now, because it's a lot better than being alone. and isn't that kind of what sam was facing?...

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          i was relating to sam's situation, too. i'm of the age (42) where i'm seeing my chances of mr right (RICHARD DEAN ANDERSON, WHERE ARE YOU!!) dwindling to mr right now. and hey, i'll take that mr right now, because it's a lot better than being alone. and isn't that kind of what sam was facing?...
          Not really cause we all know she's with Jack, she's just keeping quiet about it. Doesn't want to jinx it, ya know?

*looks around to make sure no one is gonna attack cause her shippy side just busted it's way out and took control of the keyboard
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crazedturkey
            Major, Ma-am, you were right...shoulda stayed away from "that thread"

Feelin' a little grumpy now.

I NEED A HUG
            oh, honey...

*super duper hugs of hugs*

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
              LOL Can I join your army? I don't have a Zat gun but I do pack a mean pulse pistol and rifle (think FS). I also have a whip...but only use it sparingly. People get jealous.

You know, I just realized that I didn't properly introduce myself when I just barged in. My bad. Will you all allow me to do so now? Or do you all enjoy the mystery of it? LOL
              Well, we always like to get to know our new Samandans, so introduce away . And welcome on board.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

*raises hand slowly and clears throat quietly

Oh great and powerful rulers of the Samandas - I would like to be considered for membership in the Royal guard, please. Thank you!
                As Royal Videographer and Royal Pain in the Mikta...I come before the Samandan leadership to second this motion!!!

What say ye all???

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                  majorsal--I love question #4 about Season 8 spoiler
                  Sam getting counseling after the 5th episode. I wonder what backstory AT has for how Sam was able to deal with that.
                  thanks, jckfann.

i would *really* like to see some fallout from that little experience of sam's. i'm betting she had to have 'some' time with mackenzie before jumping back into gate travel, wouldn't you think?

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted by crazedturkey
                    Major, Ma-am, you were right...shoulda stayed away from "that thread"
                    Feelin' a little grumpy now.
                    I NEED A HUG
                    Originally posted by majorsal
                    oh, honey...
                    *super duper hugs of hugs*
                    (((((hugs)))))
                    in fact, while I'm at it, hugs to everyone. Especially those who ventured onto the battleground. It took me a lot of courage to go there. Especially after having PM troubles for no good reason, last thing I wanted was to give someone a reason .
                    Anyway, it's over. I'm not going back to try and argue when nobody's really reading what I'm saying, only reading into what I'm saying. I'm with sal and spaz, lets just leave them to it, to discuss Mitchell as leader, which is after all what the thread's about.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                      Wow. Well I'm glad I didn't go rushing out there to get the DVD today! And I'm also glad I kept the original Threads on TiVo. Something told me to hold onto it...

I guess this officially means that unless:
                      a) SciFi does something really screwy to their schedule again and replay the original Threads some day (heh. right.)
                      b) One were to purchase a Region 4 Disc player
                      or c) There's another version out there somewhere...

That we're pretty much never gonna see the original version again. That makes me really sad inside.
                      Never say never, spaz. They will probably release it separately billed as, "the special extended version," so they can charge for it all by its lonesome. And they know WE will pay for it!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                        Well, we always like to get to know our new Samandans, so introduce away . And welcome on board.
                        Thanks deepspace.

*clears throat and wonders if these folks have any frellin' clue what they've just done to themselves by welcoming her

Hi, My name is SunKrux. I usually prefer to be called SunKrux or Sun...Sunny. SK not so much. Takes me much, much, much longer to realize someone is speaking to me when they use SK.

Let's see...I've been a fan of SG1 seems like forever. Loved the movie...then caught the series here and there in syndication (didn't have Showtime back then, in the beginning). Aside from a rough two year period, I am up to date through S5. Sorta up to date with 6 and some of 7. Short of the premiere eps for Vala, didn't see much of 8 either. I know...shame on me. I do promise that eventually, I'll get up to date totally.

Uh, my handle is a shout out to my two all time fav female characters, Aeryn Sun (from FS - duh!) and Marguerite Krux (pronounced "crew" from Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's The Lost World - catch it on TNT early mornings weekdays - Cheesy goodness is this show - or get the DVDS). I'm a huge FS fan, but not one of the types of fans I call a "ScapIE". I'm a Scaper (big difference imho). Have always loved the genre of scifi/fantasy (hence my liking SG1, FS, TLW). Grew up with a mum who watched ST:OS. Loved ST:NG (still do sorta - FS changed how I like my scifi). If it's well written, acted, directed, I'll give it a shot.

Hmmm, what else...what else...Uh...I'll open up the floor for questions now. Feel free. Don't let the pulse pistol, pulse rifle and whip fool you...I am a rather friendly gal! Oh...least I forget...I am sarcastic...as it's a family trait. Don't let it fool ya.
                        sigpic

Comment

As Royal Videographer and Royal Pain in the Mikta...I come before the Samandan leadership to second this motion!!!

What say ye all???
                          Aw shucks Uber...thanks for the vote.

Dang, you have the Royal Pain title. That's usually the title I get. LOL Ah well...I'm sure someone will come up with another equally painful title.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek

EDIT: OK. The "sloganizer" in my sig just said "Sam and Jack inside you." - that's just WRONG. I'm going to have to go change that. Right about now.
                            NO, DON'T CHANCE IT!

i mean, oh really, how interesting.

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Thanks deepspace.

*clears throat and wonders if these folks have any frellin' clue what they've just done to themselves by welcoming her

Hi, My name is SunKrux. I usually prefer to be called SunKrux or Sun...Sunny. SK not so much. Takes me much, much, much longer to realize someone is speaking to me when they use SK.

Let's see...I've been a fan of SG1 seems like forever. Loved the movie...then caught the series here and there in syndication (didn't have Showtime back then, in the beginning). Aside from a rough two year period, I am up to date through S5. Sorta up to date with 6 and some of 7. Short of the premiere eps for Vala, didn't see much of 8 either. I know...shame on me. I do promise that eventually, I'll get up to date totally.

Uh, my handle is a shout out to my two all time fav female characters, Aeryn Sun (from FS - duh!) and Marguerite Krux (pronounced "crew" from Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's The Lost World - catch it on TNT early mornings weekdays - Cheesy goodness is this show - or get the DVDS). I'm a huge FS fan, but not one of the types of fans I call a "ScapIE". I'm a Scaper (big difference imho). Have always loved the genre of scifi/fantasy (hence my liking SG1, FS, TLW). Grew up with a mum who watched ST:OG. Loved ST:NG (still do sorta - FS changed how I like my scifi). If it's well written, acted, directed, I'll give it a shot.

Hmmm, what else...what else...Uh...I'll open up the floor for questions now. Feel free. Don't let the pulse pistol, pulse rifle and whip fool you...I am a rather friendly gal! Oh...least I forget...I am sarcastic...as it's a family trait. Don't let it fool ya.
                              Oooh...I'm so with you on the Aeryn thing. She was sooo cool. I was one of those screaming at the screen at the end of Bad Timing. (you might have heard me)

As for the pulse pistol...was it just me or did Vala's gun in TTTB remind anyone else of Wynonna????

Just wonderin'...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                                Hehe, its probably just how they shot the photo but Amanda looks like such a short-arse in that pic
                                Originally posted by minigeek
                                Compared to Chris and Rick, she is!
                                oh, now i get it!... i thought AD meant her 'behind' looked short... i didn't get it.

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X