• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crazedturkey
    Major, Ma-am, you were right...shoulda stayed away from "that thread"

Feelin' a little grumpy now.

I NEED A HUG
    Hope this will do ...

And, mini, LOL ... anyone standing next to Teal'c will have "chicken arms"! It's all relative!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
      Hehe, its probably just how they shot the photo but Amanda looks like such a short-arse in that pic
      Compared to Chris and Rick, she is!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
        ack! apologies, again, Qas. Sorry .
        By the way, did we ever find you a royal position around here? Last I remember we were waiting for the elders to make a decision.
        I'm just here

Originally posted by ChopinGal
        Verdict's still out ... equestrian, techie, junior accountant (Coley is senior bean counter), footman or butler, PR Man has a nice ring to it but I can't remember if we already have someone doing the public relations ... help!

Jester
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

And, mini, LOL ... anyone standing next to Teal'c will have "chicken arms"! It's all relative!
          BOK BOK BOK BOK BOK BOK!!!

I'm sorry. I don't know what they put in my warm milk tonight... I love Jack. I really do!

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
            Heh. Rick has chicken arms in that pic. {snork}

mini(ducking the rotten veggies)geek
            No rotten veggies--just a friendly warning.
            jckfan

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

Our Sam's a brilliant scientist and kickbutt soldier...but boy does she turn into a moron when it comes to her own personal life. Of course it makes her more real because it shows she isn't perfect after all. But these things just make me appreciate her more.
              You hit a very pertinent point here. I wouldn't care for Sam's character nearly as well if she wasn't a screw-up in at least *some* aspect of her life. If she didn't have flaws. Because lets face it, she has a heck of alot going for her as it is. Character-wise, without those sorts of 'dents' in her perfect score, she'd be difficult to sympathise with. I love the fact that Sam's grown up over the years; that she's had to grow up in order to survive. And that she's prone to make personal mistakes a lot more frequently than she does professional ones. Based solely on what we've seen on screen, Sam pretty much sucks at the "the love thing", and that's just fine with me. She'll eventually figure that one out too, as she grows along...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                Let me offer the following up to you all and see if you can kinda follow my logic here.

In Grace, Sam talked herself into believing that she was ready for a white picket fence scenario on some level...which was a good thing because she finally removed the emotional block that stopped her from experiencing anything remotely close to the type of relationship her parents had. So finally she could consider the possibility of a husband, kids, etc...so she could live the most fulfilling life imaginable. At the end, her eyes were very expressive as she said "goodbye" in her mind to Jack. She was ready for a real relationship now with someone she could share her life and feelings with openly and he in return.

Enter Pete. Someone she was allowed to have feelings for...and Sam glommed onto the IDEA of Pete...an accessible guy who to some extent was at first a dumbed down version of Jack (he was attractive, he made her laugh and helped her not take life so seriously and he wouldn't know a quark if it bit him in the nose) except he was "allowed."

There were red flags of course, but Sam wanted that life she decided she was ready for and she set them aside in a very non-Sam-like fashion. She SHOULD have reamed him for barging in on the stakeout and doing a background check on her. But she was so happy he didn't die and still really wanted that ever elusive life, she gave it a pass.

Time passes...more and more moments with Jack who she's not allowed to care for that way...then Pete proposes. Sam balks because here it is. Her chance for "the life"...but something's not quite right. She even starts getting aggitated by the fact that society seems to expect that women get paired off with Mr. Right and that anything else is abnormal:

Sam: It’s bad enough being on your own without every TV show and commercial and magazine ad trying to tell you how abnormal it is...I mean, they make you afraid of being alone but at the same time tell you not to settle for anything less than the perfect romantic ideal, like that actually exists anywhere in the real world. I mean, either way you can’t win.

She waits weeks and is distracted...Jack picks up on it and calls her on it. He tries to be supportive because that's allowed, although his expressions give away more than he would have preferred. Sam works with Pete on something and sees he can handle the stress of her lifestyle and accepts the proposal...and even kissed him while on duty...very un-Sam-like...but this was the new Sam...the Sam willing to open up her heart and give herself a chance to experience the relationship her "father" told her she had every right to want to experience. So she kept hammering that square peg in...

More time passes...more doubts...and I'll betcha WAY more red flags that she ignores in pursuit of that ever elusive LIFE...And then Threads...and well, we know what happens there. "Dog?" "Ya think?" "Always"....

Let's face it. When it comes to figuring out her personal feelings, Sam's a blockhead. I mean it took her FOREVER FCOL...but at least she figured it out, right? And what did she figure out? That there's nothing wrong to having a life beyond the SGC, to have a fulfilling relationship with someone...it just has to be the RIGHT someone and not Mr. Standin.

Our Sam's a brilliant scientist and kickbutt soldier...but boy does she turn into a moron when it comes to her own personal life. Of course it makes her more real because it shows she isn't perfect after all. But these things just make me appreciate her more.
                BRAVO, honey, bravo!!

sam's flaws really do make her more appealing, don't they?

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

i do agree with uber's assessment. sam came out of grace bound and determined that she was going to have a relationship....and by god she was going to MAKE it work!!!!!

LOL, we all know she's focused.

and that is what i attribute a lot of her tolerance of pete to. she was gonna make it work, and she was going to ignore any and all little nigs and nits because she was going to make it work

and that's why it took her a year to realize that what she felt for pete would never match what he felt for her and that, while it might work for a while, it wasn't going to work forever
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                    Originally Posted by SunKrux
                    I don't have just one question for Amanda, I have 10! These are the questions that James Lipton askes every guest he has on his show "Inside the Actor's Studio".

The first nine questions are really hard. I'll have to think about those, but the answer to number 10 jumped into my head immediately.
                    10- IF Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Enter, my child.
                    Aw FSG1 - come on...you can answer all those. They're easy!
                    sigpic
                    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                      No rotten veggies--just a friendly warning.
                      jckfan
                      GULP

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                        GULP

LOL

See...we won't bean ya with 4 week old produce...we'll just say in the nicest possible terms that if you do it again, you've got a date with the business end of a zat. How's that for nice???

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Here's an old promo pic ...

Sigh ... "nothing gold can stay."
                          Well THAT'S depressing...

OK, so the actress who played Sara O'Neill... Maybe I'm biased. Perhaps... I guess... OK I know I'm biased!

But I can't imagine any actors pulling off Sam like Amanda Tapping.
                          It's kinda like Gillian Anderson and Scully - which is funny, because the original casting call was for someone roughly AT's description, IIRC. But NO ONE else could have nailed Scully like GA. That's the way I feel about AT.

Sally! I've abandoned my post, per your orders, which I totally agreed with, by the way.

And Lighty, if you're reading this (you creepy little bugger, you): No hard feelings, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                            Hehe, its probably just how they shot the photo but Amanda looks like such a short-arse in that pic
                            *stands up tall, all 5'2" of it, taps foot while glaring at AD

And what's wrong with being a short arse? LOL
                            sigpic
                            I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

I remember reading how TPTB were not keen on AT as the first choice for Sam Carter and it took a few episodes before they relaxed and realized that she was certainly the right actor to be playing that role! To AT's credit, she took the part and then managed to bring her own personality and know-how to the evolution of Sam into a three-dimensional woman who was quite different from the "usual suspects" seen in this kind of genre.

From Season 1, Carter became a contender, a heavyweight who was capable of holding her own against the two male leads. She added so much to the overall chemistry of the show. She grew beyond the early expectations and put her own classy signature on the character. I would never have continued watching Stargate if it weren't for Sam Carter in the first place! Amanda is the glue that held the show together for me. So I will continue to watch and hope that, somehow, she finally receives scripts that elevate her to a new level of attainment.
                              I already greened chocdoc for her post, but I couldn't send you any green right now, so I want to say--another lovely post, CG!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                                Me too. I think she's someone who, as she said in one episode, considers herself "focused" and she's confident in work situations. I find it kind of endearing (and realistic) that she'd be less comfortable in her love life. And I agree that Pete was probably not going to be Mr. Right. But I still think they could have handled the whole situation differently. Who was it that suggested that we see Pete periodically wondering why someone doing deep space radar telemetry has to be out of town on short notice & comes back with a tan? I liked that idea. I would have even been happy for her to have dated Pete for a while and have some fun (go to the movies etc.) but to break things off before any proposal.
                                a few things that would have made *me* be able to handle the boyfriend issue better -

*keep it simple. no stalking, no pestering. etc.

*keep the relationship at the dating level.

*have the relationship rather short lived. (as in not going for a year and a half)

*(and please forgive) pick a different actor than david deluise. sam's level of beauty calls for a stud as her boyfriend. (just my tastes)

if all of this had happened, i would have handled the boyfriend issue *better*.

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X