Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minigeek
    Really?? I don't have the retail copy myself, but we've had a copy of the season 8 DVD masters in the studio for a few months now and our copy DOES have the 90 minute version on it. So unless someone changed it since August, it should have the longer version. I guess it's possible they changed it - but one really would have to wonder why. They aired the 90 minute version in most markets. It doesn't make sense to have put a truncated version on the DVD release. {sigh} And then we moan about folks downloading the episodes.
    It's even odder considering Region 2 and 4 got the 60 minute (it would be 90 minutes with adds ) version...

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
      It's even odder considering Region 2 and 4 got the 60 minute (it would be 90 minutes with adds ) version...
      Smart @$$ Ha. But seriously, now I'm really curious. Doesn't anyone here have the retail version yet? If it is the shorter version, that would mean they remastered the DVDs. That's VERY irregular.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Smart @$$ Ha. But seriously, now I'm really curious. Doesn't anyone here have the retail version yet? If it is the shorter version, that would mean they remastered the DVDs. That's VERY irregular.
        I've seen posts by people saying they only got the 42 min version.

Comment

Amazing. That just defies logic. Especially (as AD mentioned) since the other regions got the longer version. I'm going to have to do some digging and see if I can find out why that decision was made. I think we have a different distributor up here in Canada too, rather than MGM for those. It may also be there was more than one version of the master made for region one. Guess I'll find out more tomorrow.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Amazing. That just defies logic. Especially (as AD mentioned) since the other regions got the longer version. I'm going to have to do some digging and see if I can find out why that decision was made. I think we have a different distributor up here in Canada too, rather than MGM for those. It may also be there was more than one version of the master made for region one. Guess I'll find out more tomorrow.
            Stunning. So I'm glad I have R4s if just for this alone. By not showing the scenes that played into her thinking and decision making process, the hour version (42 min version) make Sam look really flaky IMHO...plus I don't even think we SEE Ba'al in this version and that look he has after talking with Anubis is priceless (can you tell he's my favorite snakehead???)

Plus, as I understand it, no commentaries for either Citizen Joe or Threads. This is a first as far as I can remember...incomplete audio commentaries. Especially on Threads! I loved Citizen Joe...very funny (to me LOL) and Threads tied up tons of longstanding story arcs...Jaffa freedom, Daniel's ascension, Sam and Jack, Anubis...this almost more than any other episode should have a great...KILLER commentary.

This is just wrong folks...hey I'm ticked enough about it to look up and use a little frowny face here... and that's ticked.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Yeah I was sad about the lack of commentary too! The only commentaries were on the heavily technical episodes, and I'm more interested in story arcs.

It sucks you guys don't get the full version of threads. I saw the whole pete/flowers scene for the first time the other day and the interplay was just marvellous. The whole 'DAD' thing with Jacob, and the 'I'm distressed but I'm gonna play it stoic thing' with Jack was so well played IMO.

Comment

Wow. Well I'm glad I didn't go rushing out there to get the DVD today! And I'm also glad I kept the original Threads on TiVo. Something told me to hold onto it...

I guess this officially means that unless:
                a) SciFi does something really screwy to their schedule again and replay the original Threads some day (heh. right.)
                b) One were to purchase a Region 4 Disc player
                or c) There's another version out there somewhere...

That we're pretty much never gonna see the original version again. That makes me really sad inside.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                  Wow. Well I'm glad I didn't go rushing out there to get the DVD today! And I'm also glad I kept the original Threads on TiVo. Something told me to hold onto it...

I guess this officially means that unless:
                  a) SciFi does something really screwy to their schedule again and replay the original Threads some day (heh. right.)
                  b) One were to purchase a Region 4 Disc player
                  or c) There's another version out there somewhere...

That we're pretty much never gonna see the original version again. That makes me really sad inside.
                  Actually I have a region free dvd player on my PC...I can watch dvd's from anywhere in the world.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                    Actually I have a region free dvd player on my PC...I can watch dvd's from anywhere in the world.
                    Sure, rub it in. Like salt in a wound.

You know, I think your BED is calling your name, pal! Why don't you go see what it wants from you!!!

Comment

You know, I think your BED is calling your name, pal! Why don't you go see what it wants from you!!!
                      Pfft, like people don't have region free players these days... And there's always Mr. Torrent as well

Comment

Pfft, like people don't have region free players these days... And there's always Mr. Torrent as well
                        *small voice* What's a region free DVD player?

*smaller voice* not that I even own a DVD player anyway...

Comment

WOW, you guys are awesome. I just got in after a long day and an even longer night in RL and what do I find, 5 pages of amazing posts. I love it. Kudos to all of you.

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                          Dear Samandans one and all
                          Tonight's a night to install
                          All new members of our fair land
                          Who have added much, both small and granda
                          To the spirit of Samanda
                          (Hey it's late and I'm exercising poetic license)

Your presence here so be it writ
                          Has pleased us with good will and wit
                          It's great to have such shining stars
                          Who value Sam from near and far
                          So let's light the sky and celebrate
                          And welcome newbies through Samanda's Gate

Great poem, CG, and I think it applies to all Samandans.

"You Guys Rock!!!"

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Oh please...like you can't order the software yourself and do the same...

Okay...there have been some great questions for Amanda (I'd love to see more)...but if you could ask SAM a question...ANY question...what's the first thing that pops into your fron???

I know it's silly...and there's a huge raging debate over this...but my burning question is "What the heck is your middle name and real birthdate???? And while your at it, spill the beans on the guys too."

Comment

Mr. Torrent is great for things not yet available...but Mr. Region Free is great for things that are available but only in certain Regions.

Comment

Am I the only one wondering if Amanda was actually playing Beach Volleyball?
                                Originally posted by ChopinGal
                                Yep, you're the only one ... I could be wrong ... Qasim and 1speed will have to speak for themselves.
                                Well, now you come to mention it...

Comment

Working...
                                X