No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, everyone! Sorry I've been away for a while. I was home sick for 8 days with the stomach flu. Yuck! With all the school and job work I have to make up, I don't think I'll ever catch up on the posts I missed. Does anyone have an e-mail address where we can write letters regarding Sam's leadership? (Waits holding her breath.)

Goa'uld queen in possession of Daniel, Jonas and Martouf clones
    Lovely signature courtesy of Admiral Q O and Skydiver.

Comment

Originally posted by crazedturkey
      Where's the battlefield and do you require assistance Major? *salutes*

Private Turkey ready and willing for battle ma-am!
      the battlefield is the 'Mitchell as leader' thread. and if you don't mind going around it circles, you're more than welcome onto the battlefield.

say no, save yourself!

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        the battlefield is the 'Mitchell as leader' thread. and if you don't mind going around it circles, you're more than welcome onto the battlefield.

say no, save yourself!

sally
        Is this thing still going on ? Eek ! Poor Sally !

(((((((((Sally)))))))))
        Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Don't go over there. Please, I beg you. I went to bed last night, woke up, went to work, came home, AND THEY'RE STILL ARGUING!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
            I disagree somewhat with what you have said. Yes, I believe Brad Wright does an amazing job at writing Sam. He can write her as the scientist, the soldier, and the woman quite well. She's strong, intelligent and compassionate and I never feel as if she's behaving out of character.

The others do an fair job of writing for Scientist!Sam or Soldier!Sam as long as they just write her as another guy on the team and let Amanda deal with showing Sam as a woman. PDL did a great job of this with Death Knell; however, I really believe he should stay clear of writing the personal side of Sam, because the Sam he writes for is NOT the Sam I have grown to admire over the years.
            I give AT a lot of credit for making Sam as wonderful as she is. There have been times when I felt the writing has tried to pigeon-hole Sam and AT's always done her best and managed to give the character that little something extra.

Comment

Originally posted by Naeara
              AT's always done her best and managed to give the character that little something extra.
              No other actress could have done what AT has done with Sam - absolutely magnificent
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                Private Turkey...report to Captain Spaz for debriefing!!!

Okay here's a question for you all...and this does NOT have to be SG related here.

If you could each ask Amanda ONE question...what would it be? (oh and if someone else gives your question, don't repeat it...I'm making a list)...

Oh blast it all...

One question... Well, assuming I could actually... spit it out without making a complete FOOL of myself ...

I'd ask her if she believed in regrets.

Oooh, that's rather dark, isn't it? I couldn't help it.

Comment

Originally posted by Naeara
                  I give AT a lot of credit for making Sam as wonderful as she is. There have been times when I felt the writing has tried to pigeon-hole Sam and AT's always done her best and managed to give the character that little something extra.
                  Absolutely. If ever you were looking for a case of acting rising above writing, just look at Ms. T. I shudder to think what Sam might have been like in lesser hands.
                  Add: She could have been an annoying know it all, for example. I think AT doesn't always get as much credit as she deserves b/c she makes it look so natural. This is not a show for the disease of the week or overcoming alcoholism or other Emmy cliches. But week after week AT delivers a believable character that we want to know. Hail Sam & AT!

Comment

Originally posted by STARGATE7777
                    Don't go over there. Please, I beg you. I went to bed last night, woke up, went to work, came home, AND THEY'RE STILL ARGUING!!!
                    LOL The Royal Hen just took a peek in and her feathers nearly got blown off! I much prefer the idyllic hills and meadows of Samanda ...

Samanda, ah yes, where men can be men and women can be ... anything they damn well want to be!

I humbly salute all fellow Samandans who stood their ground ... talk about spunk!

Last edited by ChopinGal; 04 October 2005, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                      Samanda, ah yes, where men can be men and women can be ... anything they damn well want to be!
                      Anything you say - hmmmm
                      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                      love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                        LOL The Royal Hen just took a peek in and her feathers nearly got blown off! I much prefer the idyllic hills and meadows of Samanda ...

I humbly salute all fellow Samandans who stood their ground ... talk about spunk!

Do we have a Samanda version of the Purple Heart for such occasions?

Comment

deepspace, I apologize again for intercepting your tag on the story. I actually wrote something up a week or so ago when Über and others were doing battle against the enemies of the kingdom in the other threads, but didn't post it then, because I hoped that you'd come back and pick up the story. Woudn't you know that as soon as I posted, you returned. Maybe I should have posted sooner. We've missed you, kid.

Coley, please pick up after either version, or write a new piece to replace them. Either way, you've been double tagged, so get busy!

NC

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                            Anything you say - hmmmm
                            I think I missed something here.

No one's gonna break out into song squawking, "Anything you can do, I can do better," are they? Because I'm not in the mood for Samanda: The Musical!!!

Comment

i think part of the problem with the boys writign sam is, when she's in relationship mode they write her the way they WANT her to be, not the way she is.

sam in chimera and affinity was a man's version of how sam should be, now how sam really was

the 'real' sam woulda given pete crud for busting the stake out, or the 'real' sam would have not snogged pete at the stake out. she would have said yes later, somewhere else

but the character was sacrificed for the sake of the plot
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                                We've missed you, kid.
                                As we do everytime
                                love Torri

Comment

Working...
                                X