Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopinGal
    Okay, the Sunday-afternoon special ... what is Sam (or AT) really saying over dinner? And, to whom?! (Forget the real episode - use your imagination!)

So let's talk more about the direction you plan to take Sam in. And you do remember what I said about hurting you, right Rob?

(And she could definitely take him.)

Comment

I had a little quarrel with a friend today and remembered something another friend had told me once. Thought, I'd share it with you:

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
        AT: So, I understand you've got two Sam clones, and a Janet clone? Care to explain to me exactly what you do with them?

Agent Dark: *splutter* Erm, well, I, you know...

*Well CG, you did say use your imagination... *
        ROFLMAO
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Okay, the Sunday-afternoon special ... what is Sam (or AT) really saying over dinner? And, to whom?! (Forget the real episode - use your imagination!)

Bloke: "You know you look just like that Amanda Tapping woman!"

AT: "I am that Amanda Tapping woman!"

Bloke: "Oh no, I mean the Amanda Tapping who plays Carter on SG1. she's much sexier than you are - longer hair, low cut top, hipster jeans!"

AT: thinking Should I thwack him now or wait till he's paid the bill?

(inspired by a conversation Emma Samms had with someone)

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
            AT: So, I understand you've got two Sam clones, and a Janet clone? Care to explain to me exactly what you do with them?

Agent Dark: *splutter* Erm, well, I, you know...

*Well CG, you did say use your imagination... *
            Brilliant!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
              Brilliant!!
              [Teal'c]

As is yours.

[/Teal'c]

Comment

Pete: "Oh man Sam – you shoulda been there! That perp just threw up all over me after I sacked him at the end of the alley." (chuckles) "Funny huh??!"

Sam (thinking): Ohhhhh no. Please let this not be his idea of intellectually stimulating dinner conversation.... (smiles weakly as Pete continues on) What was I thinking when I said yes? (Glances at Pete’s chest, visible where his shirt is unbuttoned at the top) *ahem* Yes, I remember now…

(Apologies to Sam/Pete shippers…)
                Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                  Bloke: "You know you look just like that Amanda Tapping woman!"

AT: "I am that Amanda Tapping woman!"

Bloke: "Oh no, I mean the Amanda Tapping who plays Carter on SG1. she's much sexier than you are - longer hair, low cut top, hipster jeans!"

AT: thinking Should I thwack him now or wait till he's paid the bill?

(inspired by a conversation Emma Samms had with someone)
                  ROTFL This is hilarious and reminds me of another AT real-life experience (maybe like Emma's).

She was in a bar with her cousins in Buffalo and, end of night, guy is making nice and he keeps telling her she looks real familiar ... so, I believe, her cousins actually spill the beans and say that she's Sam Carter on Stargate. Guy is stunned ... can't believe it but finally does. Then he goes over to the bartender and asks him if he knows who Amanda is - that she's a "star on TV". Bartender is not impressed - takes a look; thinks about it, and says he finally recognizes her. The other guy says: "So, who is she?" The bartender: "Buffy!"

I'm sure Amanda can tell this story better than I! Now we know why she stays humble and nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
                    I had a little quarrel with a friend today and remembered something another friend had told me once. Thought, I'd share it with you:

Nice thought ... sometimes this is so much harder to do. Thanks for the reminder!

Comment

Suggestion for GABIT question: You could ask her whether that line from "Stronghold"
                      Spoiler:
                      about breaking regulations
                      stayed in the episode? Did she disagree, ala her objections to "A$$inity", given that it doesn't really do good things for Sam's character?

Another GABIT-related question: Has been there any central site designated for dumping of media following the event? I'm interested in looking at everyone's photos/videos and it would make sense to have a hub for it (or at least a hub for links).

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                        So let's talk more about the direction you plan to take Sam in. And you do remember what I said about hurting you, right Rob?

(And she could definitely take him.)
                        Oh yeah, no doubt about it! LOL ... and, in the same line of thought, here's one that a fellow Samandan thought may be too snarky (but I think it fits with yours above) ...

"So, (insert your favorite Stargate writer, producer, or director here), did your therapist ever explain why you've never moved beyond the stage of puberty?!"

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
                          Suggestion for GABIT question: You could ask her whether that line from "Stronghold"
                          Spoiler:
                          about breaking regulations
                          stayed in the episode? Did she disagree, ala her objections to "A$$inity", given that it doesn't really do good things for Sam's character?

Another GABIT-related question: Has been there any central site designated for dumping of media following the event? I'm interested in looking at everyone's photos/videos and it would make sense to have a hub for it (or at least a hub for links).
                          I think I really have to start writing these good questions down ... perhaps you guys can PM me with them and I'll then start to compile a notepage to take with me.

The second question seems like a great idea but not sure what will transpire ... I know that there are 4-5 of us from Samanda going and many more from GW forum. Go to the GABIT thread and post this question about a "central hub" there as the GABIT organizers/directors do lurk there and will read it and may provide an answer.

I, myself, plan to set up a webpage and give the link here to my photos. I may be able to import my friends' piccis too onto that site ... if Coley and 1speed, Kat and/or dips want to go up on my site.

CG

Comment

I think I really have to start writing these good questions down ... perhaps you guys can PM me with them and I'll then start to compile a notepage to take with me.

The second question seems like a great idea but not sure what will transpire ... I know that there are 4-5 of us from Samanda going and many more from GW forum. Go to the GABIT thread and post this question about a "central hub" there as the GABIT organizers/directors do lurk there and will read it and may provide an answer.

I, myself, plan to set up a webpage and give the link here to my photos. I may be able to import my friends' piccis too onto that site ... if Coley and 1speed, Kat and/or dips want to go up on my site.

CG
                            There is the yahoo site here http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/Gabitevents/ where I'm sure people will put photos etc. You have to join (free) to access some things.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                              There is the yahoo site here http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/Gabitevents/ where I'm sure people will put photos etc. You have to join (free) to access some things.
                              I'll check it out, but that site would have to be primarily links because Yahoo!Groups provides a pathetically small amount of space for files. It's not a good setup for media sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
                                I'll check it out, but that site would have to be primarily links because Yahoo!Groups provides a pathetically small amount of space for files. It's not a good setup for media sharing.
                                Yeah, another thought is Photobucket.com with open access to a private account.

However, I have comcast as my broadband provider and they do a really cool job of photo presentations in slideshow formats as part of the subscription. It's called PhotoShow Deluxe. I'm going to use that format when I get back and it will be available to mostly everyone - if you have dial-up modem and no Flash Media Player, it may take longer to bring it up though.

Ever since I got a really bad PC virus/worm whatever last year, I've stayed away from yahoo sites.

Comment

Working...
                                X