Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stargate barbie
    i feel bad because i didn't vote, because i couldn't decide which one, because i'm very indecisive. or am i?
    Well it was a very hard choice
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
      Well it was a very hard choice
      still though. i'm a bad samandan. its important to vote. ooh i feel like i'm paris hilton. i may have to peel my skin off before i feel clean again.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
        Dear Samandans ...

<snippety-do-dah>

Perhaps I'll be so overwhelmed by just having her chatting with us that I'll be speechless ... however, a speechless Jester/CG is hard to imagine!

<snippety-hey>

All in all, what a wonderful way to celebrate an amazing actress who has brought so many people together just by being who she is!

Peace, CG
        Besides wondering what her future, post-SG plans are, all I can think of, especially when your mind goes blank from being face-to-face with that wonderful warm grin and personality, is to just give her a big hug (if allowed) and let her know it's from *all* of us who lurve her character and appreciate all that she's done to bring Sam to life.

Hope you all have fun... and expect full reports from you, Dips, Kliggs, FHB & everyone else!
        Last edited by ShimmeringStar; 01 October 2005, 05:31 PM.
        Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
        My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Once more everybody, great job on the captions! Here's our next entry:

...this veil...smells very...odd...
          ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

mongol sam pic:

no caption, just a mental image.....what that veil does if she sneezes
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              mongol sam pic:

LOL! Now you've made me think about post nasal drip...

Sam(thinking): I shoulda never mentioned I had a runny nose...
              Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
              My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                mongol sam pic:

"Sir - I can't wear this. I'm gonna start sneezing - you know I'm allergic to alien sexism."

...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Ooo, for anyone going to GABIT - I'd love to hear what Amanda has come up with as backstory for Sam You know, what she was like as a kid, what her parents and brother were like as she was growing up and all that

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                    Ooo, for anyone going to GABIT - I'd love to hear what Amanda has come up with as backstory for Sam You know, what she was like as a kid, what her parents and brother were like as she was growing up and all that
                    Super idea ... let me write that one down!

Comment

Okay since the game today was so depressing I thought I would work on transcibing some more of the Burbank Con DVD - hope you enjoy

Question: How much actual scientific consultation goes on with the cast and with the writers when the are developing the storylines. Do they have scientists they consult with?

AT: In the beginning very much so, I mean Jonathon (Jonathon Glassner was in audience) can attest to that there was a lot of input from the Air Force and the scientific community and Egyptologists. Then now because we know so much more than what we did when we started they are able to make a lot of it up themselves. And when I get a script for my scientific flatulence as I like to call it I do all my own research to make sure that they are right, to be honest. I was very proud of myself there was one mathematical equation and it was not really a big deal, it was even an equation in the script, but I said something and then I said you know a quarter of the people will blah blah blah and I looked at it and said well that doesn’t seem right. So I sat down in my trailer and did this HUGE equation were X over R equals Y to the power of 2 and I was so proud of myself that I figured out this whole equation only to come up with a number that was marginally different than the one that was in the script. But I ran up to the producers and said “Hey look at this equation, it’s actually one quarter and a half.” I was very proud and they were dually impressed zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I actually told our craft service guy and first aid guy Jack I was so proud of myself. I went through the whole equation with him I said “So if the people are the power of two and this is …….” He turned to me and went Blink Blink Blink I’m pretty. (Lots of laughter) Well there you go.

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                        Besides wondering what her future, post-SG plans are, all I can think of, especially when your mind goes blank from being face-to-face with that wonderful warm grin and personality, is to just give her a big hug (if allowed) and let her know it's from *all* of us who lurve her character and appreciate all that she's done to bring Sam to life.

Hope you all have fun... and expect full reports from you, Dips, Kliggs, FHB & everyone else!
                        Thanks, SS ... I should start jotting in my notebook already!

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                          Okay since the game today was so depressing I thought I would work on transcibing some more of the Burbank Con DVD - hope you enjoy

Question: How much actual scientific consultation goes on with the cast and with the writers when the are developing the storylines. Do they have scientists they consult with?

AT: In the beginning very much so, I mean Jonathon (Jonathon Glassner was in audience) can attest to that there was a lot of input from the Air Force and the scientific community and Egyptologists. Then now because we know so much more than what we did when we started they are able to make a lot of it up themselves. And when I get a script for my scientific flatulence as I like to call it I do all my own research to make sure that they are right, to be honest. I was very proud of myself there was one mathematical equation and it was not really a big deal, it was even an equation in the script, but I said something and then I said you know a quarter of the people will blah blah blah and I looked at it and said well that doesn’t seem right. So I sat down in my trailer and did this HUGE equation were X over R equals Y to the power of 2 and I was so proud of myself that I figured out this whole equation only to come up with a number that was marginally different than the one that was in the script. But I ran up to the producers and said “Hey look at this equation, it’s actually one quarter and a half.” I was very proud and they were dually impressed zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I actually told our craft service guy and first aid guy Jack I was so proud of myself. I went through the whole equation with him I said “So if the people are the power of two and this is …….” He turned to me and went Blink Blink Blink I’m pretty. (Lots of laughter) Well there you go.

This is great and means that we should see AT doing her stand-up routine at GABIT too! Thanks for sharing the transcript!

My sympathies ... I gather someone lost a ballgame today!

Comment

A little more from the DVD - The DVD is R1 only currently but if you have a DVD player that plays R1 discs and you are not able to get to a Con to see AT in person this one is good and as much fun as reading about it with a few pictures may be seeing it and hearing the way she says some of these things like "Hello" is worth the money for the DVD.

Question: Sam got whumped a lot in season 7 and what do you think of that your character is going into all this trauma and it seem like it is continuing into Season 8.

AT: For me it was just something to do. I’m kidding, it seemed that toward the end of the season there was a lot of Sam angst. Unfortunately all those episodes ran on after the other so it do look like a bit of a kick Sam in the teeth fest. Had they spread it out it might not have looked so bad but the way we shot it the way that they were aired it did look that way. I actually really enjoyed it. The day that we shot a lot of stuff from Death Knell were I was covered in blood and I was escaping from the super soldier and I was covered in blood and dirt and I LOVED THAT. I love being able to play that and the next day we shot the scene from Chimera were Pete comes to the door and I’m wearing that dress and the shoes and I look “Uh Hello”. I was more comfortable doing the Sam getting whumped than the I was in the “Hello” are those for me “Thank You”

Question: Well that was my other question it seems like they are sexing up Sam what do you think of that?

AT: You know what I actually agree with it, I don’t want her to become sexualized and I don’t think she ever (“well hello” looking at the banner) (Lots of laughter) But she is not, that is not what she is about and the writers are painfully ware because I would hurt them, physically. I’m very proud of the fact that she is this strong smart capable woman. (again lots of cheering) Yeah she’s great and it’s not ever been about her being sexy. Having said that now that she’s got this relationship in her life and she is exploring this other side of herself that she has never really given into I think the fact that she is a little more comfortable with her sexuality is okay. So I don’t want them to sexualize her but by the same token I’m not afraid of her exploring that side of herself.

Comment

Super idea ... let me write that one down!
                              Oh! Along those lines...perhaps someone could ask what Sam's guilty pleasure it!
                              sigpic

Comment

This is great and means that we should see AT doing her stand-up routine at GABIT too! Thanks for sharing the transcript!

My sympathies ... I gather someone lost a ballgame today!
                                More like a royal butt kicking

AT is so funny you are going to have a blast seeing her at the GABIT con. I can't wait to hear about it, just wish I didn't have a game and parade that weekend I would so love to go.

Now for my 1,000 post some more screencaps from the Burbank Con

Blink, Blink, Blink, I'm Pretty

YEAH - WOOOOOOOOOO

Comment

Working...
                                X