Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopinGal
    Dear Samandans ...

The story behind GABIT ... I happened to be corresponding with one of the gals who became part of this whole event about two years ago. It all started when a group of UK fans became concerned about the way AT had been treated (by unruly fans and staff) at some of the other, larger cons. These loyal fans started to toss the idea around of "Getting Amanda Back In Town" on their terms and solely in a format that was exlusively hers, not shared with other sci-fi stars. The idea and plans grew; they consolidated themselves into a company and then moved forward in organizing the event. It is quite special and probably the first of its kind for any SG1 actor. If it's successful, GABIT may then try to bring other cast members over to London for special "one-star-only" weekends. Again, the numbers are to be kept smaller and the time with the actor to be more relaxed, informal. Of course, in theory this looks great ... we are about to see if it happens in practice. I know the GABIT4 will be doing everything in their power to guarantee a successful experience for both AT and her fans. Amanda had to cancel twice and it now seems like a go in another few weeks!

I managed to get two of the last seats for the cocktail party because I had been writing to one of the GABIT gals at the time they went up for grabs ... it was perfect timing and I just was at the right place at the right time. When the event got postponed/cancelled, I kept the option of keeping my tickets. I'm really looking forward to meeting AT in this setting ... it seems that there will be ten tables and each table will have an empty seat so that Amanda can circulate through the evening and sit at each of our tables for a bit of a "chat"! If I'm able then, I shall ask if she did, indeed, receive the SaGC Collection that we sent to her at end of summer and what she thought of it. Perhaps I'll be so overwhelmed by just having her chatting with us that I'll be speechless ... however, a speechless Jester/CG is hard to imagine!

I will try to keep a GABIT diary and will then find a way to post for you to enjoy! I'm taking all of you with me (heart and mind) on this trip!

And Coley, 1speed, Forever Sg1, and dipsofjazz are other Samandans who will be there too! Anyone else I forgot to mention?! So we all should be providing some great stories when we get back!

All in all, what a wonderful way to celebrate an amazing actress who has brought so many people together just by being who she is!

Peace, CG
    This sounds like a great event--I love the fact that it is exclusively AT. I'm looking forward to reports from you lucky attendees. (jckfan turning shades of green with envy) It sounds like the plan is to run it in such a way that the size will not get out of control. I'm sure the last thing AT would want is to be mobbed. It must have gone ok the first time or she would not have agreed to do it again.

Comment

These are great and reveal a bit more I think ... Amanda, herself, may be showing the strain of keeping up with baby and the never-ending hours of mommyhood ... look at her face closely ... she was tired when she filmed this scene.

Thanks for all the great screencaps everyone and also, Forever Sg1, terrific new posters and thoughts!
      Yeah when I was making these I noticed how tired she looked in them.

OT: If you are a firefly fan I highly recommend seeing "Serenity" - I went with several friends last night and we loved it so much we are going again today.
      My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
        This sounds like a great event--I love the fact that it is exclusively AT. I'm looking forward to reports from you lucky attendees. (jckfan turning shades of green with envy) It sounds like the plan is to run it in such a way that the size will not get out of control. I'm sure the last thing AT would want is to be mobbed. It must have gone ok the first time or she would not have agreed to do it again.
        This is the very first time that GABIT will be held - the event had to be rescheduled twice because of AT's shooting schedule and then her pregnancy.

Comment

This is the very first time that GABIT will be held - the event had to be rescheduled twice because of AT's shooting schedule and then her pregnancy.
          Well that says something about her fans' dedication.

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
            Sam: With all due respect Sir, don't you think you're over-reacting just a wee bit? OK, so the fish I caught was bigger, but...
            LOL Yes, I see what you mean ...

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc

... In light of your, AT's, season 8 ending interview, when you knew you were expecting, and you said that if there was a season 9 you would love to see Carter in command of them team with it shown more and have her be strong and in charge from start to finish, how do you now feel ...

If there is a S10 will you re-up and if so how will they handle the command issue and how, in your opinion, could they handle it without again insulting, demoting, the Carter character who should be the rightful leader of SG1?

If this does see the light of day at Gabit thanks very much for asking and thanks very much to Ms. Tapping for answering.
              Something tells me that Amanda must maintain her diplomacy regarding this issue which some of us feel quite strongly about and I would not think it something she would feel comfortable in answering in a public forum ... as she is still under contract as an actor to the series. However, I will keep my ears and mind open and report back what we hear at the four panels of Q&As that she is scheduled to do!

We all know Amanda has a great sense of humour, and she may allude to Carter's "predicament" in her own way. I know she has a good working relationship with the new members of the cast and it will be fun to hear what she has to say about coming back and if she really will consider signing on again for yet another season.

Comment

Hear Ye Hear Ye Hear Ye

It is official ... the final tally for the new Samanda flag was:

Design #1 = 42 votes

Design #2 = 44 votes

Looks like the second design is the winner and congrats to both Forever Sg1 and Strix varia for their wonderful designs. Kat, please post your finished product soon and we'll see if someone can hoist it atop the royal castle ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...dII0904134.jpg

Last edited by Skydiver; 01 October 2005, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Screencap of the day ... caption(s) please!

"All this whoop-de-doo about Vala, and here I sit, feeling boxed-in by my options ... if I ever break outta this cage, I'm negotiating a new contract!"
                  Ok if theres a season 10 remind me to negotiate a better trailer, I think this one was ment for Vala (Jk please dont bash me....ducks and runs)

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                    Some new screencaps

Yeah she looked quite tired to me in several scenes this season. I know this is her job like millions of other women who have babies and work outside the home, but I feel for anyone who has to be up all night with a new baby and then work 10-14hrs a day on top of that. It really doesn't leave much time to sleep. I was a stay-at-home mom and I was literally exhausted by the end of the day. I just remember my husband coming home at 4:30pm and I would rush into the bedroom to sleep from 5-9pm just so I could guarantee myself 4hrs sleep each day, because my daughter was one of those babies that never napped longer than 15-20mins at a time and she was up for hours during the middle of the night.

Gotta love those nights when you actually go driving around at 1am hoping to put the baby to sleep. Hopefully, Amanda didn't have those kinds of trouble, but I still admire her for coming back to work so soon after her daughter was born.

Comment

Screencap of the day ... caption(s) please!

"Rodney, considering the circumstances, I'm kinda worried what you'll do when I tell you this, but you need to know that even we figments of your imagination find these fantasies of yours... disturbing."
                      Last edited by Simhavaktra; 01 October 2005, 03:42 PM.
                      ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Design #2 = 44 votes
                        Congrats Kat - they were both great but Kats just had that little something extra
                        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                        love Torri

Comment

Once more everybody, great job on the captions! Here's our next entry:

"Wonder what I can get on eBay for this stuff?!"

Comment

"So this is Jacks way of suggesting a wedding dress"

*ducks anti-shipper missiles*
                            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                              Congrats Kat - they were both great but Kats just had that little something extra
                              i feel bad because i didn't vote, because i couldn't decide which one, because i'm very indecisive. or am i?

Comment

Once more everybody, great job on the captions! Here's our next entry:

"Wonder what I can get on eBay for this stuff?!"
                                ya know, i could've sworn the air force class A's were a little less formal last time i had to wear them...

Comment

Working...
                                X