X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way to go Spaz - 1700 posts - hey 100 more and you can have a custom Avatar

Kat Great new posters

Dani cool new sig

For those going to GABIT - have fun - Legends has some great stuff - I have purchased a number of Studio Art work from them - they are great folks
    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

thanks for the screencaps tsaxlady! I think the first one is my fave The faces Amanda manages to pull some times...never fails to crack me up!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        Sam: I really wish they'd warm up the stethescope first...

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
          Some new screencaps

These are great and reveal a bit more I think ... Amanda, herself, may be showing the strain of keeping up with baby and the never-ending hours of mommyhood ... look at her face closely ... she was tired when she filmed this scene.

Thanks for all the great screencaps everyone and also, Forever Sg1, terrific new posters and thoughts!

Comment

Dear Samandans ...

The story behind GABIT ... I happened to be corresponding with one of the gals who became part of this whole event about two years ago. It all started when a group of UK fans became concerned about the way AT had been treated (by unruly fans and staff) at some of the other, larger cons. These loyal fans started to toss the idea around of "Getting Amanda Back In Town" on their terms and solely in a format that was exlusively hers, not shared with other sci-fi stars. The idea and plans grew; they consolidated themselves into a company and then moved forward in organizing the event. It is quite special and probably the first of its kind for any SG1 actor. If it's successful, GABIT may then try to bring other cast members over to London for special "one-star-only" weekends. Again, the numbers are to be kept smaller and the time with the actor to be more relaxed, informal. Of course, in theory this looks great ... we are about to see if it happens in practice. I know the GABIT4 will be doing everything in their power to guarantee a successful experience for both AT and her fans. Amanda had to cancel twice and it now seems like a go in another few weeks!

I managed to get two of the last seats for the cocktail party because I had been writing to one of the GABIT gals at the time they went up for grabs ... it was perfect timing and I just was at the right place at the right time. When the event got postponed/cancelled, I kept the option of keeping my tickets. I'm really looking forward to meeting AT in this setting ... it seems that there will be ten tables and each table will have an empty seat so that Amanda can circulate through the evening and sit at each of our tables for a bit of a "chat"! If I'm able then, I shall ask if she did, indeed, receive the SaGC Collection that we sent to her at end of summer and what she thought of it. Perhaps I'll be so overwhelmed by just having her chatting with us that I'll be speechless ... however, a speechless Jester/CG is hard to imagine!

I will try to keep a GABIT diary and will then find a way to post for you to enjoy! I'm taking all of you with me (heart and mind) on this trip!

And Coley, 1speed, Forever Sg1, and dipsofjazz are other Samandans who will be there too! Anyone else I forgot to mention?! So we all should be providing some great stories when we get back!

All in all, what a wonderful way to celebrate an amazing actress who has brought so many people together just by being who she is!

Peace, CG

Comment

Screencap of the day ... caption(s) please!

"All this whoop-de-doo about Vala, and here I sit, feeling boxed-in by my options ... if I ever break outta this cage, I'm negotiating a new contract!"

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                Dear Samandans ...

The story behind GABIT ... I happened to be corresponding with one of the gals who became part of this whole event about two years ago. It all started when a group of UK fans became concerned about the way AT had been treated (by unruly fans and staff) at some of the other, larger cons. These loyal fans started to toss the idea around of "Getting Amanda Back In Town" on their terms and solely in a format that was exlusively hers, not shared with other sci-fi stars. The idea and plans grew; they consolidated themselves into a company and then moved forward in organizing the event. It is quite special and probably the first of its kind for any SG1 actor. If it's successful, GABIT may then try to bring other cast members over to London for special "one-star-only" weekends. Again, the numbers are to be kept smaller and the time with the actor to be more relaxed, informal. Of course, in theory this looks great ... we are about to see if it happens in practice. I know the GABIT4 will be doing everything in their power to guarantee a successful experience for both AT and her fans. Amanda had to cancel twice and it now seems like a go in another few weeks!

I managed to get two of the last seats for the cocktail party because I had been writing to one of the GABIT gals at the time they went up for grabs ... it was perfect timing and I just was at the right place at the right time. When the event got postponed/cancelled, I kept the option of keeping my tickets. I'm really looking forward to meeting AT in this setting ... it seems that there will be ten tables and each table will have an empty seat so that Amanda can circulate through the evening and sit at each of our tables for a bit of a "chat"! If I'm able then, I shall ask if she did, indeed, receive the SaGC Collection that we sent to her at end of summer and what she thought of it. Perhaps I'll be so overwhelmed by just having her chatting with us that I'll be speechless ... however, a speechless Jester/CG is hard to imagine!

I will try to keep a GABIT diary and will then find a way to post for you to enjoy! I'm taking all of you with me (heart and mind) on this trip!

And Coley, 1speed, Forever Sg1, and dipsofjazz are other Samandans who will be there too! Anyone else I forgot to mention?! So we all should be providing some great stories when we get back!

All in all, what a wonderful way to celebrate an amazing actress who has brought so many people together just by being who she is!

Peace, CG
                That's really really sweet that these fans think so highly of AT that they would put this together and of course AT for attending with her hectic schedule!

CG, Coley, 1speed, Forever Sg1 and dipsofjazz have a great time and we will look forward to your reports. CG have fun at the cocktail party! Everything that I have heard from those that met AT whether they were a huge fan or not have all said how sweet and kind she is, so I'm sure you will enjoy the party and will not lose you gift for words.

Forever Sg1 I love all the posters you have made and the new sig!!

Comment

"All this whoop-de-doo about Vala, and here I sit, feeling boxed-in by my options ... if I ever break outta this cage, I'm negotiating a new contract!"
                  Sam: McKay, are you sure this is experiment is in the name of science?
                  or
                  Landry (O.S.): no carter, i told you, you can't have the weekend off to go to washington!
                  or
                  Sam: can i have a cookie now?
                  or
                  Sam: this is the worst hotel i've ever been to. i asked for room service two hours ago.

Comment

I had to de-lurk to say that this cap is lovely and captures one of Sam's fundamental character traits, KINDNESS to all. And, maternalistic is strongly reflected here, too. Beautiful!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Amanda: Oh brother! Should've read the smallprint. I didn't imagine this as my grand entrance to the GABIT Con. Wonder if they can wind me up as quick as they can lower me

Comment

Amanda: All I said to the Vala fan was that she's a bit over the top...and she goes craaaazeeee!! Hope Agent Dark, Strix and 1speed are on the case or I'm toast!

Comment

Dear Samandans ... snip, snip I will try to keep a GABIT diary and will then find a way to post for you to enjoy! I'm taking all of you with me (heart and mind) on this trip!

Peace, CG
                          Have a great time. If you have an opportunity I have a question I would really like to know the honest answer to if you would be comfortable asking it, or printng this out and showing it to Ms. Tapping:

In light of your, AT's, season 8 ending interview, when you knew you were expecting, and you said that if there was a season 9 you would love to see Carter in command of them team with it shown more and have her be strong and in charge from start to finish, how do you now feel that BB was brought in at the same rank, is verbally defined as leader of SG1 in print media and in the show (Prototype when he reported back to the SGC) and many now see Carter as having been "demoted" or relegated back to 2IC? What exactly is the status of Carter's command position and if it is subordinate or 2IC to Mitchell why? (The AT was pregnant story and they had to do something to cover the first 5 eps is not really a good asnwer since the team was not together in the first 6 eps, there was no SG1 for the first 6 eps ergo no leader was necessary for the first 6 eps and by then AT (Carter) was back.)

If there is a S10 will you re-up and if so how will they handle the command issue and how, in your opinion, could they handle it without again insulting, demoting, the Carter character who should be the rightful leader of SG1?

If this does see the light of day at Gabit thanks very much for asking and thanks very much to Ms. Tapping for answering.

Comment

I have a question for TSaxlady.

I was thinking about the possibility of taking some vid clips at GABIT (if we are allowed to) with my Sony digi camera. What resolution did you record your comic con clips at and what size of memory card did you have? May have to get pretty close as it only vids at one focal length.

Then there is the question on how to share with you all?!!

Comment

Sam: With all due respect Sir, don't you think you're over-reacting just a wee bit? OK, so the fish I caught was bigger, but...

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                                I have a question for TSaxlady.

I was thinking about the possibility of taking some vid clips at GABIT (if we are allowed to) with my Sony digi camera. What resolution did you record your comic con clips at and what size of memory card did you have? May have to get pretty close as it only vids at one focal length.

Then there is the question on how to share with you all?!!

Hey Coley - I used my Sony Cybershot for the vids I took, mine is 7.2 resoultion and it does allow you to use the zoom on vids - I was in the fourth row for those vids. My memory card is 512mgs and I have three of them. I also have a unipod for my camera to hold it steady for better pictures. I also had my laptop with me so I could dump stuff from my memory cards onto it and use them again. If you are able to take any vids I'm sure someone would be willing to host them for you. I sent mine to MB and she hosted them for everyone.

Okay you UK fans I'm jealous of the new special SkyOne will be showing. I'm hopeful that maybe they will sell the show to some US channel like maybe SciFi.

Oxford Scientific Films is also in production on its second pop-science Sky One commission, The Science of Stargate, a one-off special fronted by the US drama's star, Amanda Tapping, that looks into the science of time and space travel.

Information thanks to Morjana - here is link to the full article.
                                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X