Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
    Aaarrrrgggghhhhh! Why did they move "My Controls" at the top of the page?

Of course, now it's on the left.....

Does anyone else have a strange looking "subscribed threads" table?
    I'm a creature of habit, so the fact that "Quick Links" is in the "My Control" icon's place is a bit disturbing.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
      Ditto on hitting in softball, though I'm rather dominant in the right-handed route. Ditto ALSO on the sensitivity to seeing how other people write. I'm the only one in my family who ISN'T right-handed.

(And I have to say that, when I got play laser tag, I too can switch positions. )

And LADY! Ahem... Why am I feeling so ABANDONED lately.
      Abandoned? LOL I'm beginning to feel schizophrenic with my multiple identities these days.

You're never alone.

And with softball, I did really well as a righty there too...sometimes better than with my left...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        You're never alone.
        Awwwwww! Thanks, MB!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
          Gee....I'm left-handed too. Think left-handers have an inclination toward sci-fi?

Bad teacher! That was so dumb! Luckily, I escaped that kind of "discrimination."

Me too -- left-handed. Things that require one hand I do left-handed like writing, racket sports, bowling, eating and things that are two-handed I do right-handed like batting, swinging a golf club.

My mom was left-handed and the nuns were trying to get her to write right-handed but my grandma told the nuns her daughter was going to write left-handed if that is what she wanted to do, and so my mom remained left-handed. Way to go, grandma!

And to stay on topic, Sam would be proud.

Comment

you guys think your view is weird, you should see how it looks to a mod!1

i got all this weird stuff

ahem, anyway

i can join the ranks of 'you need to pick a hand'

when i was learning to write, i could or tried to write with both hands, but the teacher said 'you need to pick one' and i' picked my right hand since i could write better wtih that one

does it mean i was originaly left handed? i dunno. right now i can't domuch special with it, but i have to wonder how things woulda been had i been allowed to write with either
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
              I'm a creature of habit, so the fact that "Quick Links" is in the "My Control" icon's place is a bit disturbing.
              I know! I can't use my "Quick Reply" on this ISP, but if I use Internet Explorer, I have no problems. :rollseyes: (I can't even select smilies anymore).

I've always been right-handed. I just don't hold my pencil correctly. They tried to teach me in 2nd grade, but it just felt uncomfortable.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                Ohh, funky. Anyone else survive the forum upgrade?
                Not sure yet
                In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                Hic Comitas Regit
                Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                  Okay, Samandans, just to know the poet's tortured mind ... there is a line in The Dream (see 17028, page 852) that reads "And I'm stripped of my power, a citizen without borders" ... I debated between that or writing "I'm feeling displaced, a citizen without borders" ... which is the better fit for Sam?

The Muse will not stop haunting me so I thought I'd put her on a shelf while I took a vote!

Kat liked the second and I've compromised and kept the meaning of the line somewhere in the middle. I do feel strongly about this whole issue and guess it's why I wrote the poem in the first place.

Jester
                  The poem's great I like the original line.

Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

omg, I just noticed - Is Amanda/Sam Left Handed??? The pic above, she's wearing her watch on her right hand...
                    I'm left-handed and I wear my watch on my left. Could it be that I never realized tht I have a problem?

Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by LadyJeep
                      I'm left-handed and I wear my watch on my left. Could it be that I never realized tht I have a problem?
                      Wow, I'm feeling distinctly out-numbered as a right-handed person. Very unusual and cool to be surrounded by lefties!!!

Maybe someone going to GABIT can ask Amanda if she's right/left/or ambi... and we've noticed her watch and weapon switching hands...

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                        Wow, I'm feeling distinctly out-numbered as a right-handed person. Very unusual and cool to be surrounded by lefties!!!

Maybe someone going to GABIT can ask Amanda if she's right/left/or ambi... and we've noticed her watch and weapon switching hands...
                        lol, get the lefties!!!!

That screenshot from Hathor is interesting (though I did get my hopes up when you said Sam, Janet and Tub scene!!! ), being that holding a M4 like that for a left hander would definitely be awkard. The shells would be ejected straight across your face, and the charging handle might be in an awkard spot too. While it is possible to swap them around, it doesn't happen on the fly
                        But you're right, it does make sense if she's standing at a corner and needs to shoot around without exposing her body. The P-90 is great in that regard, because it's completely ambidextrous. I notice she did the same thing in Avatar

And another thing - its proven (or at least has significant evidence to back it up) that people who can use both hands equally as good, are able to work their brains more effectively. Perhaps that could explain why Sam seems to have a natural inuition for certain things?

Comment

omg, I just noticed - Is Amanda/Sam Left Handed??? The pic above, she's wearing her watch on her right hand...
                          Interesting. I'm right-handed, and I prefer my watch on my left arm. Something about my right hand being more often occupied, so it's easier to lift my left hand to view. Also in adjusting the watch settings (it's a chronograph) I can use my right hand and not have to take the thing off. If she's left handed it could work the other way for her.

But, hey, lefties are cool. My sister is left handed, and as long as she sits on my left, we're alright.

Just sayin'.
                          MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                          sigpic
                          Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by LadyJeep
                            Not sure yet
                            Well, I was what the... briefly when I logged on tonight. Also almost went into some other link as I automatically went to My Controls on the top right. (Although, that's where it is now; curious.)

The new layout does make who-what-how-many clearer to see; it's just so, well, new.

And I'm posting in the QR box, with it's improved options; don't have to Go Advanced to change fonts, color, etc. There's even a spell check! I like that. Guess getting used to the changes will come.

Just sayin'.

And cooler: Edit is on auto-edit, without changing screens! I'm almost a New Format Fan! Now, if only I could get smilies in QR...Just sayin'.
                            MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                            sigpic
                            Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

i wear my watch on my right wrist, and i'm right-handed.

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                                i wear my watch on my right wrist, and i'm right-handed.

sally
                                Well, if majorsal does it, then it's got to be something that wierdo's do I mean, she ships Sam/Jack after all!

Comment

Working...
                                X