Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopinGal
    Okay, Samandans, what captions come to mind?

Jack: why are we doing this again?
    Sam: i told you, Teal'c touched my naquadah generator without asking.

(lame, i know. i suck at these things.)
    Last edited by stargate barbie; 28 September 2005, 04:28 PM. Reason: punctuation

Comment

Okay, Samandans, what captions come to mind?

Jack: That is the freakiest sight you'll ever see...

Sam: What is, sir, the fact they rolled a white screen down in front of the wormhole or the fact they're playing a home video featuring someone's "bath time for baby!" on it?

Jack: Whose do you think it--

AHHHH!!!

Both: Daniel.
      - Miz

Proud Samandan (blue jello all the way!! )

Proud Anti-S9 Forumer (Pro-Original SG-1)

SG-1
      Not your average world-saving squad!!

Comment

yes, solutions is very pro daniel and rather anti everyone else

back in the dark days of s6, it used to be the home of the save daniel jackson campaign and while they do say that they have new owners (personally i don't go there. don't care for it at all), those new owners do have a very pointed preference.

course, come over here and you're gonna find a sam preference, go to samandjack.net and you'll find a s&j slant

but, in a nutshell, i would be exceedinly surprised if sam finished anything other than dead last.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          yes, solutions is very pro daniel and rather anti everyone else

back in the dark days of s6, it used to be the home of the save daniel jackson campaign and while they do say that they have new owners (personally i don't go there. don't care for it at all), those new owners do have a very pointed preference.

course, come over here and you're gonna find a sam preference, go to samandjack.net and you'll find a s&j slant

but, in a nutshell, i would be exceedinly surprised if sam finished anything other than dead last.
          well yes, come to this thread and you do tend to notice a somewhat pro sam theme. can't seem to figure out why though. but we tend not to be anti anyone, that i've noticed. but elsewhere on GWs forum i think its pretty much even, in terms of pro and anti. there's a pro thread for almost every character, and the anti threads don't seem to be as big. and the GW site in general seems to me to be pretty much unbiased. and thats why i like it here. having said that, while i'm not too fond of the bias on certain other sites (ok, solutions), they are on occasion very useful for information. and hey, i'm a lover not a fighter. nah, thats not true!

Comment

Thanks for the idea, Qas. And, yes, this is certainly pro Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
              Anyone got pics of the Cartermobile?
              Here you go ...

It's sitting in Sam's garage, right next to her vintage Indian cycle!

Comment

Here you go ...

woohoo. Fabulous!!

ChopinGal---glad you and others like Foreversg1 are going to the Gabit event. It's good to know that some of the people here in this thread get to go!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                  well yes, come to this thread and you do tend to notice a somewhat pro sam theme. can't seem to figure out why though. but we tend not to be anti anyone, that i've noticed. but elsewhere on GWs forum i think its pretty much even, in terms of pro and anti. there's a pro thread for almost every character, and the anti threads don't seem to be as big. and the GW site in general seems to me to be pretty much unbiased. and thats why i like it here. having said that, while i'm not too fond of the bias on certain other sites (ok, solutions), they are on occasion very useful for information. and hey, i'm a lover not a fighter. nah, thats not true!
                  yeah, we do tend not to be tooo horribly negative. we do our fair share of nay saying though. vala, and cam for example.

however, and i'm certainly bias, we don't tend to be quite as passionate and nasty as some have been (although i'm sure some don't agree with me)

and yes, GW is really one of the few places where there is a decently accurate cross secion of fans

I for one don't worry aobut any anti's. i mean, i am one in a certain place of the forum, and having played in this fandom for 5 *gasp* years, i've learned that folks won't change their mind just because you want them to

and there are a ton of things more important than a tv show or a character on it.

for me, should amanda decide to leave....well i'll be sad and it will certainly kill my enjoyment for the show if it continues without her....but that's about the end of it.

i respect her and her wishes enough not to try and make her do what i want her to do
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Sam: Uh.....Jack.....I don't know if you've noticed it.....but going through the stargate always makes me a little nervous after I've watched Lost.

(* Sorry---it was particularly creepy tonight. *)

Comment

Here you go ...

Haha rofl! Though with a top speed of only about 50mph, I doubt Sam would get the same thrill on an M1A2 Abrams as she would on her Indian

Comment

(sam and mitchell, viewing general o'neill laying in a bed in traction)

mitchell - "uh, sam... you said you and general o'neill are... an item now? well... what did you do to the man?"

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                          Haha rofl! Though with a top speed of only about 50mph, I doubt Sam would get the same thrill on an M1A2 Abrams as she would on her Indian
                          I don't know about that; an Abrams at 50 MPH is a pretty impressive spectacle. She'd certainly get more attention than on the Indian.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
                            I don't know about that; an Abrams at 50 MPH is a pretty impressive spectacle. She'd certainly get more attention than on the Indian.
                            lol, I don't think Sam is one for attention though I think she'd prefer the thrill of the speed that the Indian would give her

Comment

The Dream

I had a dream, said Sam
                              Extricating herself from a jam
                              Of wires and sensors designed to test
                              Sam's innermost desires while at rest

I am in command of SG1
                              Jack is gone and there is none
                              So well qualified to walk in his shoes
                              Than I, myself, the one he did choose

Even though I took short leave
                              I always planned to return, retrieve
                              My former post as I comprehend
                              Lt. Colonel Sam Carter, leader of men

For this I was groomed as I did my time
                              I covered my CO's six and kept things in line
                              Years of off-world combat as I slogged through hell
                              While watching my comrades, I learned lessons well

I stood up for the weakest and worked many a night
                              At computers and simulations to lessen the fight
                              Using brainpower rather than firepower in wars that had to be waged
                              Yet I was ready for either and not afraid to engage

I earned the respect of my comrades-in-arms
                              And gained admiration for my natural charm
                              No matter what happened, how low things had sunk
                              You could count on Sam Carter's spirit and spunk

So now I'm confused as I awake from my slumber
                              I'm attached to these wires and feeling quite somber
                              My dream seemed so real, it was who I had become
                              But in awakening I'm faced with a troubling conundrum

I wanted to be at the top of my game
                              But now my desires are sounding quite lame
                              There are new men at the top who are giving the orders
                              And I've been displaced, a citizen without borders

I worked and I strived to be all I can be
                              But somehow gender and youth are compromising me
                              I'm Lt. Colonel Sam Carter, past leader of men
                              How do I reclaim what now has been taken?
                              Last edited by ChopinGal; 29 September 2005, 06:48 AM.

Comment

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...JBackpacks.jpg

sam - "i can't believe they can project pictures onto the event horizon... "

jack - "i can't believe you got into that position... "

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X