Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minigeek
    Hey, Joe, Carter was here first. I say we give MITCHELL command of SG-22 and we can follow HIS spinoff adventures on another series.
    Spot on, minigeek, so true.

BTW - and this is kinda off topic, my husband is watching one of "those" movies of skiffy, and, guess what, one of the main characters in the movie is "Dr. Samantha Carter". You should have seen my face when I just walked through the living room. I literally made a 180 degree jump towards the TV, just to find that it was not Stargate that was on. I guess, I should have figured from the different voice...

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76

BTW - and this is kinda off topic, my husband is watching one of "those" movies of skiffy, and, guess what, one of the main characters in the movie is "Dr. Samantha Carter". You should have seen my face when I just walked through the living room. I literally made a 180 degree jump towards the TV, just to find that it was not Stargate that was on. I guess, I should have figured from the different voice...
      Haha! What movie was it?

Comment

Bah. I'm a crazed Sam/Jack shipper! I care about nothing other than the fact that Joe said Sam did mean Jack when she told Agent Barret she was "not exactly" single! Nothing else matters I tell you! Nothing!!!!!

Mwahaahahahahaah!!!!!

Did I mention the part about the "crazed"?

mini(the crazed)geek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
          Haha! What movie was it?
          It's one of those skiffy TV movies called Fatal Error.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76

Maybe this should be added to the "*ALMOST* Sightings - Stargate look-a-likes " thread.... except its a name-a-like instead of a look-a-like but it is definitly and almost sighting.
            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Bah. I'm a crazed Sam/Jack shipper! I care about nothing other than the fact that Joe said Sam did mean Jack when she told Agent Barret she was "not exactly" single! Nothing else matters I tell you! Nothing!!!!!

Mwahaahahahahaah!!!!!

Did I mention the part about the "crazed"?

mini(the crazed)geek
              Nitpick Alert!!!
              Joe said that she was probably was. Now I like to think of the word probably as one that leaves room for the flipside
              And even then - was she probably referring to Jack in the sense that she's got a lot of confusing emotions that she doesn't really know how to deal with and that Jack somehow falls into that picture? And that she's hesitant to begin dating until she sorts her emotions out (by which I mean, realise that she actually loves Janet and move to an AU to be happy with her. Errr, did I say that aloud? )
              But anyway, continue on

Comment

oh gad...that Agent Barrett...that horrible Agent...did you see how he attacked her with his eyes?? It's the evil eye I tell you! Eeeeevil flirty eye! Ew! *holds up anti-flirty eye sheild*

TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
                  oh gad...that Agent Barrett...that horrible Agent...did you see how he attacked her with his eyes?? It's the evil eye I tell you! Eeeeevil flirty eye! Ew! *holds up anti-flirty eye sheild*

Woo, Go Malcom!!

*wants to read Sam/Barrett fic*

Comment

Nitpick Alert!!!
                    Joe said that she was probably was. Now I like to think of the word probably as one that leaves room for the flipside
                    And even then - was she probably referring to Jack in the sense that she's got a lot of confusing emotions that she doesn't really know how to deal with and that Jack somehow falls into that picture? And that she's hesitant to begin dating until she sorts her emotions out (by which I mean, realise that she actually loves Janet and move to an AU to be happy with her. Errr, did I say that aloud? )
                    But anyway, continue on
                    Nuh uh! Amanda said Sam likes BOYS. She said she personally has a bit of a thing for Teryl, but Sam - Sam likes da boys.

You're a boy, AD - and hey, Sam likes boys. So if A = B, and B=C, then doesn't A=C???

Ooooo! Sam and AD sittin in a treeeee!

mini(i have had nothing to drink, i swear - except joe's blog)geek

Comment

Ooooo! Sam and AD sittin in a treeeee!
                      Excuse me, I'll be back in 10

Comment

Excuse me, I'll be back in 10
                        Darn. If you'd said 20, I'd have asked for your phone number.

EDIT: So I was kidding, right? You know I want your phone number anyway, AD.

Comment

Darn. If you'd said 20, I'd have asked for your phone number.
                          Hehe, I'm just going by how long Sam told me

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                            Okay I asked Joe about the Heroes 2 issue. Hopefully, he'll answer it and we can put that delusion to rest permanently.

what heroes 2 issue?

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                              Amen to both.
                              You know, I thought she looked appropriately wan(?), drawn(?) what do I want to say here? given the head injury, in Grace, but still beautiful as always. You know I don't think she realizes how good she looks. (As Felger would say, another aspect of her perfection.) I remember an interview where--if I recall it correctly--she said early in her career she was looking for character roles and the director (?) said something like "look at yourself Amanda, you're a leading lady" and she was a bit skeptical.
                              Yeah, I've read several quotes from Amanda that made me scratch my head. Is it possible that she really doesn't know just how beautiful she is? In some ways it makes me sad... I mean, by what ridiculous standard is she judging herself??? And part of me just wants to hug her for being so sweet.

I wish I could capture other people's reactions to her and bottle them up for her somehow. Two weeks ago, I had another committee meeting with fire service reps from all over the world. Once again, I'm projecting my computer up on a screen. I have a picture of Amanda as my wallpaper, and up it goes.

"So, who's that?" the rep from the Los Angeles FD asks.

"Amanda Tapping. She's an actress on a show called Stargate SG-1," I tell her.

"Wow, she's gorgeous."

I grin. Several heads nod around the table.

"Does that show in Australia?" the New South Wales Fire Brigade rep asks hopefully.

"Yes it does," I grin. "And it films in Vancouver," I say, nodding at the Canadian rep, who is from Vancouver. "I'm a huge fan."

The meeting goes on. Later on, we're swapping files on my personal jump drive, and I hear Sam's voice in the back of the room... Another committee member had seen my SG-1 file, and he'd started up one of my avi files hoping to see more of Amanda... Like a group of kids, the entire committee gathered around to watch as I quietly banged my head on the table. "I guess it's break time!"

They were like moths to AT's flame, women included.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                                You all probably saw the SciFi promo for the second half of the season. We got a little bit of Sam and here are two pics. Not very good quality, but you get the idea. My goodness, Sam's in jail in one and in command in the other since it looks like Cam is a bit preoccupied! I don?t know what eps they?re from, but somebody else probably has a good idea.

S9 2nd Half Promo 1

S9 2nd Half Promo 2

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                                When did this air? I must've missed this. Thank you for sharing the pics!! AT looks amazing in them.
                                The promo was just before the 11:00 airing of Atlantis on Friday night (in the Los Angeles area).
                                Last edited by SamFan31; 24 September 2005, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X