Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SamFan31
    Thanks Kat for the post from “Excerpts from Wandering Through the Wormhole, By Katie Evans”. I certainly agree with everyone’s comments about Amanda. It seems every time I read something about our fair lady she becomes more amazing. She’s a truly special person.

And thanks to Tsax for the pics and transcripts of some of the Burbank Con DVD with AT. More proof positive of why she’s our favorite.

You all probably saw the SciFi promo for the second half of the season. We got a little bit of Sam and here are two pics. Not very good quality, but you get the idea. My goodness, Sam’s in jail in one and in command in the other since it looks like Cam is a bit preoccupied! I don’t know what eps they’re from, but somebody else probably has a good idea.

S9 2nd Half Promo 1

S9 2nd Half Promo 2
    I thought Sam was looking through the bars at someone else (think thats a gaurds ear on her left). I suspect it is Cam in Jail. I think both pics are from the same ep.

As for the Sam-Cam leadership issue. I think the answer was a cop out but it is better then having her demoted. They definitly need to say something in the show about it though and make it clear that they are indeed co-leaders.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
      MGM was a small fish in a big pond eventually someone was going to buy it
      Sad to think of MGM as a small fish--there was a time when it first among the big companies...once upon a time in the "golden age."

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
        Now that the "Cam vs. Sam" threads can die FOREVER, I'm waiting for the "WTH?! Joint Command?" threads to pop up...
        Probably led by a certain someone some of you have done battle with in defense of our queen.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
          I thought Sam was looking through the bars at someone else (think thats a gaurds ear on her left). I suspect it is Cam in Jail. I think both pics are from the same ep.

As for the Sam-Cam leadership issue. I think the answer was a cop out but it is better then having her demoted. They definitly need to say something in the show about it though and make it clear that they are indeed co-leaders.
          I'm as rabid on this issue as not much else...but I can live with this...as long as they didn't diss Sam and she NEVER is subservient to Mitchell...I'm fine.

I also have to admit to a childish thrill at rubbing the fact that they're co-leaders in certain not-to-be-mentioned faces.

*cough*Lightsabre*cough*

D'OH!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            I also have to admit to a childish thrill at rubbing the fact that they're co-leaders in certain not-to-be-mentioned faces.

*cough*Lightsabre*cough*
            Subtle.

You guys have already said this, but I can deal with them sitting on the fence with this issue, if they have a line or five addressing it in future episodes. To me, if they don't, it's even MORE of a cop-out, because it means that they NEVER intended to address this issue. And, if we hadn't kept hounding them, we never would have known what was up.

To me, that would mean that they chose not to write it in any episodes (for the sake of ambiguity), and instead (at the last minute) had JM be the one to deal with us "crazies" here at GW - and hopefully with an answer that wouldn't send us into seething riots.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
              Thanks for the tip, golfbooy. Here is my take on it:
              First of all, finally somebody took the step and gave us some answers, and I appreciate that.
              Secondly, that doesn't mean that I like the answer.
              Spoilers

It is what we thought was going on, or at least the impression I got.
              The "good" thing is that we will never hear Sam say "Sir" to Mitchell, something I would have had a hard time dealing with. The "bad" thing is, she is not the leader of SG-1 and, furthermore,
              Spoiler:
              it probably also means that the awesome idea of Sam being 2IC of the SGC will not come true.

That being said, the explanations given for the decision do not satisfy me. Just because Amanda was pregnant and they chose to split up the team (which does make sense in a way), doesn't mean that she could not have come back to lead SG-1. It also does not mean that they couldn't have given some kind of explanation when Sam was back. Some conversation between her and Mitchell and maybe Landry to show that Sam is fine with it or even that it was her idea, or whatever. The "no explanation" was one of the issues I had with the whole thing.

As it stands now, I am glad we finally got an answer and we don't have to wonder about it anymore. And, like I said, the solution is still better than having Mitchell being the leader.
              Finally, if they keep writing Sam the way they did since she is back, I can live with it. I don't mean that everything they did with Sam this season is to my liking. What I mean is that they showed her as a leader in a lot of scenes, as being able of taking charge, and as being more in command of the whole situation than anybody else. I like that aspect of Sam. Like someone said earlier, we have seen Sam more in charge this season than in Season 8 when she was "officially" in charge of SG-1.

So, in conclusion, considering that Sam is being shown as the leader a lot of times this season and considering the spoilers for the second half, I am looking forward to January and to some "up the body count" Sam, Sam in charge, and Sam saving the world.

I agree with you here. I'm glad that JM took the time to address the issue (finally!), and I thank him for that. (Wished he would have done it sooner, but oh well). And I'd rather have this joint command situation than Mitchell as the only SG1 leader, but it does feel like a bit of a cop out to me (I think the Dancer of Spaz mentioned this too). I wished they had just let Ben Browder play a Major and call it a day. Let AT come back and play Sam as the leader again, and really let her do it this time. I really think Mitchell would be more well received in general if they had done this instead of being a wishy-washy leader. And the producers/writers seemed to play the pregnancy card which I don't think they had to do---once Sam got back and decided to be a part of SG1, she should have become the leader (or at least have a conversation about how it could be handled between Carter and Mitchell!!).

Ironically, BB could be playing a better more interesting, less bland character, IMO, if he was a military person who got to join SG1 and the writers could have given him a good backstory that was more believable instead of trying to make him into a ready made hero. He could have earned this more by being on the team. It just seems that they negate the first eight seasons by how they brought Mitchell into the story.

Having said that, I'm still glad he is not the only leader!! So, I'm okay with this and as I said before--I liked the last two episodes---so I'm ready for the second half! I too hope they show Sam OFFICIALLY leading SG1 as well on certain missions. Sounds like we should see this happen.

Comment

You know how I could have delt with Mitchell in charge.

If he had been a member of another SG team. Maybe one of the diplomatic teams and maybe he did something heroic like help get a treaty by saving and entire planet from a goa'uld attack or something. And then they came back and said SG-1 had broke up. They then give Mitchell the command of SG-1. He manages to bring the team back together. Him and Carter are the same rank and have similar gate experience but since he's more of the diplomatic leader type and shes more of the scientific leader type Landry decides that since the wars are pretty much over and its all about diplomacy now that Mitchell should be charge....

Or they could have made him a Col who had lots of gate expeince, I probably could have delt with that too. But to bring him in as a total newbie who basically didnt do anything more then any of the other pilots did and apparently has no ground combat skills at all and is the same rank as Carter, I just cant deal with that, Im sorry its a total slap in the face to Carter and to AT.

The co-leadership is an acceptable compromise IF we get to see it ON SCREEN. If Joe just writes it in his blog just like he writes that Jack got promoted then this is not acceptable. So basically Joe writes it in his blog for the hard core Gate fans but to everyone else that watches the show Mitchell is in charge. It doesnt count if its not ON SCREEN or implied ON SCREEN... Landry could mention it. Daniel could mention it. Another SG team could make a crack about it and let Mitchell make a snarky reply.... just something, SOMETHING has to be on screen.
                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                  Thanks Kat for the post from ?Excerpts from Wandering Through the Wormhole, By Katie Evans?. I certainly agree with everyone?s comments about Amanda. It seems every time I read something about our fair lady she becomes more amazing. She?s a truly special person.

And thanks to Tsax for the pics and transcripts of some of the Burbank Con DVD with AT. More proof positive of why she?s our favorite.

You all probably saw the SciFi promo for the second half of the season. We got a little bit of Sam and here are two pics. Not very good quality, but you get the idea. My goodness, Sam?s in jail in one and in command in the other since it looks like Cam is a bit preoccupied! I don?t know what eps they?re from, but somebody else probably has a good idea.

S9 2nd Half Promo 1

S9 2nd Half Promo 2

When did this air? I must've missed this. Thank you for sharing the pics!! AT looks amazing in them.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm satisfied enough by the answer that I'll stick around...

But what will make it better is if on some other mission, Sam radios back saying "SG-1 leader to SGC"...

I agree Über. However, I'd still like an answer to why Jack left...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                      I agree Über. However, I'd still like an answer to why Jack left...
                      You mean, you didn't get the memo?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

You mean, you didn't get the memo?

To Quote Jack: "I'm not gettin' all my memos...
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by UberSG-1fan

*cough*Lightsabre*cough*
                          Bah! She's got a bigger gun!

...doesn't she? Well..she's got more guns...and...uh...she knows Thor! Hmph!
                          TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Mallozzi's Blog
                            That goes against regs! Maybe. And it goes against regs to have two Colonel's on the same team. But rather than giving Carter command of SG-22 (and following her adventures in another spin-off series), we thought this would be a nice compromise.
                            Tee hee. I think it's their vaulted Air Force advisor who's actually retired. He's sipping Mai Tai's in WaiKiKi with his bikini-clad, P-90 totin' 2IC.

Hey, Joe, Carter was here first. I say we give MITCHELL command of SG-22 and we can follow HIS spinoff adventures on another series.

What?!

I'd watch.

I would!

After SG-1 and Atlantis.

I would!

mini(i am in so much trouble)geek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Actually, I'm really glad they didn't go with Major Mitchell... Its a species of Cockatoo here in Australia. I'm afraid I'd never get the image of a bird flying through the gate out of my mind

Comment

[QUOTE=minigeek]Tee hee. I think it's their vaulted Air Force advisor who's actually retired. He's sipping Mai Tai's in WaiKiKi with his bikini-clad, P-90 totin' 2IC.

Hey, Joe, Carter was here first. I say we give MITCHELL command of SG-22 and we can follow HIS spinoff adventures on another series.
                                [COLOR=RoyalBlue]
                                What?!

I'd watch.

I would!

After SG-1 and Atlantis.

I would!

[QUOTE}

Although, having Carter as lead of another spin-off series with great new characters---I could live with. And then the Daniel/Vala story could continue separately. In a new spin-off series, Sam could lead perhaps a "more interesting team that went out an explored through the gate, cared for each other, and had chemistry again team:"! I could go for Sam leading this type of team in her own series.

Comment

Working...
                                X