Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    i betcha carmen would do it. because he said in an interview that he worked with...oh one of those big name hollywood actors. the name escapes me. anyway, carmen has had a lot of parts in hollywood movies (angels and demons comes to mind) which links him to tom hanks which opens up a lot

ETA: Pacino. I think carmen said he'd once worked with Pacino, who i'm sure worked with scorese, and he had to have worked with brando (i'm totally guessing here, i'm sure someone will correct me )
    They (Brando and Pacino) were both in the Godfather so you don't need to throw Scorcese in the mix but I can see how you'd make that connection. Good catch! ;-)
    Pacino and Carmen were in Godfather II.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      i betcha carmen would do it. because he said in an interview that he worked with...oh one of those big name hollywood actors. the name escapes me. anyway, carmen has had a lot of parts in hollywood movies (angels and demons comes to mind) which links him to tom hanks which opens up a lot

ETA: Pacino. I think carmen said he'd once worked with Pacino, who i'm sure worked with scorese, and he had to have worked with brando (i'm totally guessing here, i'm sure someone will correct me )
      Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
      They (Brando and Pacino) were both in the Godfather so you don't need to throw Scorcese in the mix but I can see how you'd make that connection. Good catch! ;-)
      Pacino and Carmen were in Godfather II.
      Post your guesses over on the game thread.
      No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
      It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
        Thanks for posting that
        sigpic
        by Sapphire_Jade

Comment

A nice and accurate AT5 report.

Part 1- http://pepper.dreamwidth.org/231225.html

Part 2- http://pepper.dreamwidth.org/231541.html

Comment

I got my copy of The Void but it doesn't work in my dvd player because of the region - now I am concerned that my other Sanctuary dvd's may not work in the new player coz they were bought in Canada...I was under the impression that all Aussie dvd players played all regions...is confused and slightly peeved. Now I can't watch The Void...if I can't work this problem out, I have a copy of The Void that may need a new home.
            On the upside, I can now park legally at the SGC...I have my own SGC parking badge.
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
              I got my copy of The Void but it doesn't work in my dvd player because of the region - now I am concerned that my other Sanctuary dvd's may not work in the new player coz they were bought in Canada...I was under the impression that all Aussie dvd players played all regions...is confused and slightly peeved. Now I can't watch The Void...if I can't work this problem out, I have a copy of The Void that may need a new home.
              On the upside, I can now park legally at the SGC...I have my own SGC parking badge.
              Most DVD players have some sort of code that can be entered using the remote turn them into all region players. You could try to google for it. The last DVD player I bought was limited to my local region and I have a ton of region 1 (North America) DVDs. I went on the 'net and after ten minutes searching found the procedure to turn-off region coding on the player.
              No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
              It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

yeah chelle, google 'region free dvd' and it'll pull up sites and then you can punch in your model number and see if there's a way to 'hack' it.

Theoretically, all dvd players are manufactured region free, they are then programmed for a specific region. and if you can find someone that posts how they are programmed, you can deprogram it yourself. It's usually punching in a series of numbers on the remote control or something like that. I've successfully hacked several players of mine.

the only other issue you'll have to overcome is the frame rate (the us is NTSC, the UK PAL, Japan SEACAM....and i could go into more depth but the technobabble would just put people to sleep )

But I think frame rate is less of an issue now with flat panel tv's.

If you want, PM me your model number and I can look for the codes later

this site had lots of hack codes
                http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks

you can also look into getting a region free player, or 'all region' as they are sometimes called
                http://buyersguide.bargainoffers.com...vd_guide.shtml

some came up on google for about 60 dollars
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Chelle - if you have a DVD rom on your PC you should be able to watch any DVDs on it. Until I got a DVD player I could make "region free" I watched my Aussie & German DVDs on my PC or laptop. Good luck!
                  sigpic
                  I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Or, if you have a dvd burner in your computer, there are programs that will remove the region code and you could burn the movie to a dvd-r. You wouldn't be violating any copyright law as you would be making the copy for your personal use. The original disk would then be your "backup" disk in case anything happened to the copy. (I had to check into this before. I had purchased an XF game that came with a VHS tape that was from Europe. A company made a copy for me in the correct format and prior to doing so had checked with a lawyer. The same rules apply to dvds, you can make backup copies.)
                    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                    William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                    Anon

Comment

You know you're on the Sam Carter thread, when you read all this techno babble
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                        At least you have the babble part down.
                        Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                        William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                        Anon

Comment

All we need now are some red and green apples

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                            Hehe!!!!!!

Techno Babble at 2:19 on vid

Comment

<<inserts babel fish>>
                              sigpic
                              Mourning Sanctuary.
                              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Nice little article about Amanda and William and their little show.

Shatner, Tapping do a mind-meld

Comment

Working...
                                X