Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minigeek
    who has her "on loan" from Jack - who has her ... freequently (tee hee, sorry, couldn't resist).
    ROFLMAO Well said MG
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

*hands sal some eye drops*

Here you go hon. Clean out those eyes..

Comment

Just to get to the top of page 1 since it was in danger of moving to page 2 -

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
          Just to get to the top of page 1 since it was in danger of moving to page 2 -
          And of course, because Sam's a great Character!
          Loved her in Prototype and 4HM.

EDIT: oh yes and a blue jello cameo on Atlantis. I think Sam and Ronan would get a long well.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
            I think Sam and Ronan would get a long well.
            That would add an interesting slant to the McKay/Dex relationship
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

EDIT: oh yes and a blue jello cameo on Atlantis. I think Sam and Ronan would get a long well.

I noticed that too!!!!

*Sigh*

Perhaps I watch too much Stargate. Perhaps there's more to living than knowing the ins and outs and wheretos of my favorite characters. Perhaps I need to leave the show and step away...get some perspective.

BWAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAA!!!!!

That's priceless. Like there could ever be too much Stargate or Carter...and who needs perspective when we've got Sam?????

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                Perhaps I watch too much Stargate. Perhaps there's more to living than knowing the ins and outs and wheretos of my favorite characters. Perhaps I need to leave the show and step away...get some perspective.
                Blasphemy!!!!!!
                Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                Like there could ever be too much Stargate or Carter...and who needs perspective when we've got Sam?????

Thats the spirit
                love Torri

Comment

you know, i kinda like the idea of sam reporting ot landry directly. i mean...ok, let's say that they want cam to be her boss. What we'd have then is a situation like back in the old show Tour of Duty, when the nice greet lieutenant is put in command of a field team and the 'leader' of the team at that time was a sargent. now, even ignoring the old enlisted/offier issues, what you had was a person wholacked rank knowing tons more than the man who had rank

fortunately, they managed to work together wiht the sgt basically telling the lt what to do

sam/cam could be that situation. she knows what do to. daniel and teal'c know what to do. but cam is the leader on paper.

however, i have to wonder at the propreity of a lt col doing reviews on another lt col. gotta be a bit of a sticky situation

however, if sam reports to landry, she and cam co-lead (no matter what it says on paper) then it could be a way to have two lt colonels on the same team at the same time without a higher ranking officer telling them what to do.

I still personally think the two lt colonel issue is skiffy interferring and bridge trying not to diss sam while at the same time keeping skiffy happy AND keeping the military happy

ben/cam is too young to be a full colonel, sm can't be promoted (frankly it's a bit of a stretch that jack got 2 stars) so they have to just muddle through the best they can
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                    Thats not a bad idea, considering that they now own Stargate (since they bought MGM). Looks kinda bad for their image to have extremists taking over their board and slagging actors...
                    Sony??? Sony Sony?? Playstation/PSP Sony?? CD player Sony?? The interactive/media giant Sony?? In charge??
                    TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
                      Sony??? Sony Sony?? Playstation/PSP Sony?? CD player Sony?? The interactive/media giant Sony?? In charge??
                      Yep - Sony bought MGM
                      love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                        Yep - Sony bought MGM
                        I can't believe it! What for? Just another money-making venture? Y'know, this explains a few things...I think...
                        TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
                          I can't believe it! What for? Just another money-making venture?
                          MGM was a small fish in a big pond eventually someone was going to buy it
                          love Torri

Comment

But of course, TPTB are still trying to get rid of all that blue jello they recieved a few months ago so now everyone on both SG-1 and Atlantis are required to eat blue jello.

Dessert Menu on the set of Stargate:

Monday Blue Jello Jigglers( shaped like stars )
                            Tuesday Blue Jello Rings ( shaped like the Stargate )
                            Wednesday: Blue Jello Parfait ( Mmm, whipped cream )
                            Thursday: Blue Jello Surprise ( I don't think this one goes over well )
                            Friday: Blue Jello Shots ( Hey what do you expect it's been a LONG week)
                            Last edited by ForeverSg1; 24 September 2005, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Ohh, I see. Huh. Go figure.
                              TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Well I finally have a Saturday off so I thought I would transcript some of the Burbank Con DVD with AT.

Question: The tough broad or the girly girl? You said all of a sudden I’m becoming the girly girl.

AT: It’s easier for me to be the tough broad. It’s easier for me to be the in control broad. Carter as a girly girl and Amanda as a girly girl not so in control. So the in control broad much easier.

Question: What’s the average number of takes that you have to do when you do one of those long technical dissertations? How many times do you have to do it before you say okay that’s it?

AT: You know I can usually get it in one or two. Depending on who is off camera. If Chris Judge is off camera making faces then 12, Richard Dean Anderson is off camera glazing over and falling asleep 6 or 7. But I can actually do them in 1 or 2 I kind of pride my self on that.

Question: I know you do a lot with green screen, how difficult is it to get your mind set when there is nothing else around you?

AT: we have actually become a lot better at it then we were in the beginning. I think Chris and Michael will probably tell you the same story, when we were doing I think it is “The Tokra”, when the tunnels were collapsing in on themselves and all we had was a green screen and the said “Oh, this is really amazing, we can’t show you but it’s really amazing! So we just need you guys to look really awed” And I took that to heart, Chris, Michael and Rick kind of didn’t. So they are sort of looking at the tunnels going Hum and you pan down the line of use and you get to me and I’m like ‘oh huh”. So I made that mistake. Then there was this ship is going to be huge, I can’t remember the name of the episode. But it’s massive it’s massive it’s massive and we got totally caught off guard, because when we saw the final cut it was Oh that ship really is massive we didn’t look at all impressed.

So it’s a fine line and we get pictures from visual effects saying well this is sort of what we are going for. It is a fine line but we are so used to it know that it doesn’t seem at all weird. Which is odd because I do it around my house now, I’ll talk to thing that are there “Woe hello, Hi – that’s a big ship” It gets in your head. We are better at it now than we used to be that is for sure.
                                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X