Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LaCroix
    Maybe at the same time we can write to Sony about their Fourm.
    Thats not a bad idea, considering that they now own Stargate (since they bought MGM). Looks kinda bad for their image to have extremists taking over their board and slagging actors...

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
      Hey guys, there are some new screen caps up on the Amanda Tapping Club webpage. I especially liked the ones from the Season 8 DVD Extras. Check it out: http://www.theamandatappingclub.net/...on8/index.html
      Thanks a lot
      Originally posted by Agent_Dark
      Thats not a bad idea, considering that they now own Stargate (since they bought MGM). Looks kinda bad for their image to have extremists taking over their board and slagging actors...
      My previous experiences with Sony suggest that they wont care much
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

yes, jack being 2ic of the base is pure fanon.

the exec officer does a lot of paperpushing, jack woudn't have time for that, neither would sam

in the real norad, last time i looked, a 2 adn 3 star run the place. a lowly colonel would not be second in command.

now, as the leader of the flagship team he might have some serious clout. not to mention simply being the most experienced officer they have...but he'd have a slew of other colonels to work with and probably one other general between him and hammond

the show just simplifies things for, i'm sure, budgetary reasons
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

the exec officer does a lot of paperpushing, jack woudn't have time for that, neither would sam

in the real norad, last time i looked, a 2 adn 3 star run the place. a lowly colonel would not be second in command.

now, as the leader of the flagship team he might have some serious clout. not to mention simply being the most experienced officer they have...but he'd have a slew of other colonels to work with and probably one other general between him and hammond

Yeah, you're right about the show simplifying things. But I do think, as part in parcel of their simplification process, they had Jack in the role of 2IC of the SGC. I'm still waiting to see what Joe has to say. It certainly appeared that way on screen. And as you mentioned, a three star general would be running a place like that in "reality", so in that sense, having Jack (as a one star general) running the shop might have seemed like Fanon, too. Except it wasn't. It was Canon. Due to the fact that fiction plays those sorts of rules fast and loose, a lot of things were "Canon" that might have gone against realistic conventions.

mini

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
            If you have seen T4H part one then the twist was already revealed.
            Spoiler:
            but it wasnt as much of a twist I guess considering the characters previous attitude.... on the other hand who knew they were that much of an idiot
            what twist?!?

(consider me an idiot and tell me )

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jerin
              Spoiler:
              I think they're talking about Gerak becoming a prior & the Jaffa accepting the Ori.
              *snort* like duh, for me!

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                what twist?!?

(consider me an idiot and tell me )

sally
                Uber was commeting about a twist on your spoiler quote about ...
                Spoiler:
                something about an ally that turns against them... something like that. but anyways, i immediately thought of orlin. what if orlin goes bad? or orlin isn't really orlin, and is already bad?

anyone remember this spoiler?

The spoiler tease itself was right about the ally but your guess of the ally unfortunatly was not correct. They went with the other 'ally'. But your twist would have been a lot more twisty, theres was kind of foreshadowed.

The real 'twist' was (dont read this if you dont want to know)
                Spoiler:
                Garek our supposed ally turns into a prior. Yes believe it or not I think he was considered an ally so the spoiler was not necessarily incorrect.

EDIT: Yeah, I made this post way longer then it needed to be... what Jerin said.
                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
                  Hey guys, there are some new screen caps up on the Amanda Tapping Club webpage. I especially liked the ones from the Season 8 DVD Extras. Check it out: http://www.theamandatappingclub.net/...on8/index.html

AAAHH, I SAW PETE!

HELP!

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

...... so the idea of sam being second in command of the sgc isn't very likely?

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Drive by. Money shots of Carter (and REPLICarter!). So I'll post smaller versions which link to the big honkin' versions.

Cheers!
                      minigeek

EDIT: Sorry, one more:

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                        ...... so the idea of sam being second in command of the sgc isn't very likely?

sally
                        I doubt that she's the second in command of the SGC. but I did like the wording in the story. It said that Cam has taken over SG1 and that Sam reports to Landry.

This could be a case of the writer taking liberties, but if it's true and we take it literally, it might mean that somehow, Sam is not subordinate to Cam. Maybe she's on an indefinite assignment to SG1 while the galaxy is in danger again. That way, she's an independent contractor in a sense, just like Daniel and Teal'c. Yes, I know,she's military so she has to follow the chain of command, but maybe her chain of command doesn't go through Cam. Instead, she works parallel to him, with both answering to Landry.

Anyway, it's one explanation for the "who's the boss" mess that works for me.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                          I doubt that she's the second in command of the SGC. but I did like the wording in the story. It said that Cam has taken over SG1 and that Sam reports to Landry.

This could be a case of the writer taking liberties, but if it's true and we take it literally, it might mean that somehow, Sam is not subordinate to Cam. Maybe she's on an indefinite assignment to SG1 while the galaxy is in danger again.
                          I could support the idea that Sam was "on loan" to SG-1 via Landry, who has her "on loan" from Area 51, who has her "on loan" from Jack - who has her ... freequently (tee hee, sorry, couldn't resist). Don't flog me!

Oh wait, on second thought, DO flog me - that could be FUN.

mini(the-currently-vala-inspired)geek

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular

This could be a case of the writer taking liberties, but if it's true and we take it literally, it might mean that somehow, Sam is not subordinate to Cam. Maybe she's on an indefinite assignment to SG1 while the galaxy is in danger again. That way, she's an independent contractor in a sense, just like Daniel and Teal'c. Yes, I know,she's military so she has to follow the chain of command, but maybe her chain of command doesn't go through Cam. Instead, she works parallel to him, with both answering to Landry.

Anyway, it's one explanation for the "who's the boss" mess that works for me.

NC
                            i like this explanation, nc. a lot.

sally

ps - i wish i was going to gabit...
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Greetings All - It has been a long week and RL has been very busy for me. I've finally had a chance to get on here and read the last few pages of posts. I wanted to make a coment on the issue of who at SciFi has influence on Stargate. Took me a little while to remember were I had read this - here part of one of Joe Mallozzi's blogs were he talks about this very subject.

That said, I have to admit, its been a pleasure dealing with Nora O'Brien from SciFi Channel. Her notes are always specific, well thought-out, and well-argued. Hey, I may not agree with her all of the time, but I'll always know exactly what she's arguing for and why. She's courteous and professional - but firm in her belief that the changes she is suggesting will make the episode that much better. And she's usually right. There are even times when I don't think she's right and I'll go back to the script, re-read it with her note in mind and realize "Damn! She's right!" I hate that! Nora oversees SG-1 while Tony Optican (also a very nice guy with some good ideas) oversees Atlantis.

If you want to read more of what Joe had to say here is the link to his blog

SciFi Chanel Address
                              1230 Avenue of the Americas
                              New York, NY 10020
                              Phone 212 408 9100
                              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                                Greetings All - It has been a long week and RL has been very busy for me. I've finally had a chance to get on here and read the last few pages of posts. I wanted to make a coment on the issue of who at SciFi has influence on Stargate. Took me a little while to remember were I had read this - here part of one of Joe Mallozzi's blogs were he talks about this very subject.

That said, I have to admit, its been a pleasure dealing with Nora O'Brien from SciFi Channel. Her notes are always specific, well thought-out, and well-argued. Hey, I may not agree with her all of the time, but I'll always know exactly what she's arguing for and why. She's courteous and professional - but firm in her belief that the changes she is suggesting will make the episode that much better. And she's usually right. There are even times when I don't think she's right and I'll go back to the script, re-read it with her note in mind and realize "Damn! She's right!" I hate that! Nora oversees SG-1 while Tony Optican (also a very nice guy with some good ideas) oversees Atlantis.

If you want to read more of what Joe had to say here is the link to his blog

SciFi Chanel Address
                                1230 Avenue of the Americas
                                New York, NY 10020
                                Phone 212 408 9100
                                Wow.

Would it be inappropriate to suggest a thorough use of the pain stick on the execs at Skiffy? Because...seriously...for some of the stuff early on...what were they thinking? ?? Honestly??? TTTB should NEVER have been aired and most of the stuff from the first several episodes is simply cringeworthy.

I'd like to know exactly HOW MUCH input Skiffy has and what they've been demanding. (notice I didn't say suggesting)

The show really needs a heart again. That's what it's lacking. Heart. Thank goodness Sam's back and it's STARTING to feel a little more like SG-1...

Here's to LOTS more Sam in the second half and beyond...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X