Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    And in that fair town dwelt a wide variety of delightful, intelligent, insightful and thoroughly comedic citizenry...and then there was Mary Beth...but I digress. And the land was filled with peace and harmony and joy radiated throughout the kingdom...until lo and behold...

(sorry folks...it's 4 a.m. and my creative gene's been on overload today...)

Well, anyway...tagging SKYDIVER.

And I agree. It must have been MG. So unassuming. So friendly. All the while setting up poor Lys to take the fall!

Skydiver!!! You've been tagged, woman!!!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
      Kat, that’s just touchingly beautiful. Tell Kallesta she has her mother’s natural talent. I’m sure Amanda will love it.
      Laugh, yes and she was very adamant about what she wanted and didn't want to see on the wall. I had originally picked a different photo to place on the wall, but I was informed by Kallesta that it HAD to include a picture of Cocoa too so Amanda could see her new puppy. Oh, and the text had to be light blue, not dark blue. And originally when we were writing the letter she had said 'Tell her to come visit us' and my response was 'Honey I think Amanda will be much too busy to come visit us' to which her response was 'Well then tell her to come visit us when she's NOT busy'.

Ah...the mind of a child.

Comment

Once upon a time, not too long ago (and not too far away, thanks to the Internet) there was a town called Samanda. In that town were many different kinds of people who had many different jobs. But they all believed in upholding the ultimate motto of the town: Hic Comitas Regit.

And in that fair town dwelt a wide variety of delightful, intelligent, insightful and thoroughly comedic citizenry...and then there was Mary Beth...but I digress. And the land was filled with peace and harmony and joy radiated throughout the kingdom...until lo and behold...

Strangers appeared one morning, the golden dawn at their backs as they walked into the fair town of SAmanda. They were greeted with curiosity, Jerin watched them walk by as she drew water from the well while AD trailed them, his sharp eyes watching their every move. Undaunted by the quiet welcome, the strangers walked calmly through the town, their destination clear...the shining castle of Queen Amanda.

umm, ok, ah, AD tag, you're it!!
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
          she had said 'Tell her to come visit us' and my response was 'Honey I think Amanda will be much too busy to come visit us' to which her response was 'Well then tell her to come visit us when she's NOT busy'.
          LOL. Hey, if I bring Amanda with me, can *I* come visit??

mini
          (four-year olds work well as backstage passes, you know.. )

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

I thought that card was so adorable.

To ÜberSG-1Fan, I was trying to be very PC in the Farscape thread. Not to sure about the rules in the character thread.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
              LOL. Hey, if I bring Amanda with me, can *I* come visit??

mini
              (four-year olds work well as backstage passes, you know.. )
              Oh yeah anyone with Amanda in hand is more than welcomed!! LoL

Heck if it was up to Kallesta, she'd invite all of Samanda over for a party.
              As my sister once said ...

In Kallesta's world there are no strangers, only friends she has not yet met.

Comment

In Kallesta's world there are no strangers, only friends she has not yet met.
                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
                  I thought that card was so adorable.

To ÜberSG-1Fan, I was trying to be very PC in the Farscape thread. Not to sure about the rules in the character thread.
                  I hope you don't think I was upset at ya...

I was only pointing out that the Anti-Sammers have taken over the asylum over on that other website. It's almost religious dogma and it's frankly bizarre how rabid they are in their love of CB and dislike of AT and the characters they play...as though if you love one you must hate the other.

Well, I LOVE Sam and I like Vala...I ADORE Amanda and I really like CB. So they can put that in their Funk and Wagnall.

(ON EDIT: For clarity's sake "Put that in in your Funk and Wagnall" is a joke from Rowan and Martin's Laughin)

Last edited by Uber; 22 September 2005, 01:14 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I hope you don't think I was upset at ya...

I was only pointing out that the Anti-Sammers have taken over the asylum over on that other website. It's almost religious dogma and it's frankly bizarre how rabid they are in their love of CB and dislike of AT and the characters they play...as though if you love one you must hate the other.

Well, I LOVE Sam and I like Vala...I ADORE Amanda and I really like CB. So they can put that in their Funk and Wagnall.

Oh no. I'm not upset at all.

I have said before in another thread, I have nothing against CB. I think she's a wonderful actor, but it's Vala the character that I don't like. It's almost like
                    TPTB wants us to take sides in the matter and I honestly don't like it.

Comment

(ON EDIT: For clarity's sake "Put that in in your Funk and Wagnall" is a joke from Rowan and Martin's Laughin)

I was just about to ask
                      Originally posted by LaCroix
                      I have said before in another thread, I have nothing against CB. I think she's a wonderful actor, but it's Vala the character that I don't like. It's almost like
                      TPTB wants us to take sides in the matter and I honestly don't like it.
                      Lets just say that TPTB arent in my good books these days
                      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                      love Torri

Comment

Okay, I usually don't respond to these gushy things, but that was adorable!

I also like how your daughter wanted Amanda to say Hi to Teal'c. Why do I think that Teal'c would love having dozens of kids playing with him?

And about Sam: I wanted to say that I just adored the beautiful smile she gave Mitchell when he compared their working-brain-levels. So sweet.

Comment

Laugh, yes and she was very adamant about what she wanted and didn't want to see on the wall. I had originally picked a different photo to place on the wall, but I was informed by Kallesta that it HAD to include a picture of Cocoa too so Amanda could see her new puppy. Oh, and the text had to be light blue, not dark blue. And originally when we were writing the letter she had said 'Tell her to come visit us' and my response was 'Honey I think Amanda will be much too busy to come visit us' to which her response was 'Well then tell her to come visit us when she's NOT busy'.

Ah...the mind of a child.
                          Yes the card was adorable. (a word I don't often use). AT has got to love it.
                          I think GABIT is a great event. I know she's said she wants to "give back" to fans, but it sure seems like a great way for us to let her know how great we think she is. (not that I'll get to go ) I think one thing I'd tell her is that I support her on SG1 for as long as *she wants to* stay. And if/when ( after all the show will eventually end) she leaves we'll follow her. (wait a minute that sounded kind of stalkerish---ah, you know what I mean).

It dawns on me that there is no new SG1 episode tomorrow. And no new episodes til January.
                          What will I do for my AT/Sam fix? Multiple viewings of favorite Sam episodes? Do I rewatch "the Void?" Thank goodness for DVDs.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                            wait a minute that sounded kind of stalkerish
                            The truth is out
                            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                              It dawns on me that there is no new SG1 episode tomorrow. And no new episodes til January.
                              What will I do for my AT/Sam fix? Multiple viewings of favorite Sam episodes? Do I rewatch "the Void?" Thank goodness for DVDs.
                              I know , I've been thinking about this, too. And I kinda came up with an idea. Now, first of, I know I am still a newby here and I don't want to step on anybody's toes, believe me. I also know that it might not be a particular workable idea for several reasons, but here it goes: One of the reasons, I like this thread so much, are the wonderful discussions of episodes once they aired. So, how about each week or every two weeks we all agree on an episode to watch, we all watch it, and then we discuss it afterwards????

This, of course, only works if we all have all the episodes on DVD, like I do.
                              Let me know what you guys think? Maybe somebody can come up with a better idea. Or maybe you all just think it's totally stupid. I'll understand.
                              After all, it's just a thought.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
                                This, of course, only works if we all have all the episodes on DVD, like I do.
                                Let me know what you guys think? Maybe somebody can come up with a better idea. Or maybe you all just think it's totally stupid. I'll understand.
                                After all, it's just a thought.
                                Its a good idea

If someone doesnt have the eps they could look at the transcript http://www.moon-catchin.net/transcripts.htm
                                love Torri

Comment

Working...
                                X