Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by binkpmmc
    I have not had a chance to catch up here so this may be repetitive but I received a reply to my e-mail from Mr. Edelman and he has advised that he has nothing to do with the actual show - he is the editor of the SciFi magazine. He did say he would pass my e-mail on to those in charge of the show that could answer my question and I asked him to give me thier names.

I don't know if anyone else has had this response or if anyone has the names of who we should write to but if I get anything else in on this I'll let you all know. I was actually pleasantly surprised I got any response at all, and it was a very nice response.
    If you get names and addresses of people we should write at Skiffy, please post them so we can all write!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      what are you talking about?

sally
      Hi Sally:

and chocdoc - to answer both your questions - when I read this article there was one paragraph that nearly knocked me out of my chair (again). (I am not going to say because to me it could be huge, or it could be the article being wrong but I choose, at least for now, to believe what it says because it may help us understand a lot and it may clear up a lot if it is addressed in the second half of the season in any legitimate, substantive way. It could also be what Mallozzi refers to when he says "Carter fans will be happy with S9" or "everyone will be happy" because if they do follow through on this little tid bit it would, IMO, go a long way to appeasing me and perhaps some of the other fans that are ticked about the Mitchell Carter thing. Anyway, I'm rambling - so much to say - no time to say it.)

The pargarpah is 8 down from the top or the 3rd one after the picture of Carter in front of the computer with the pen in her hand. Once you read this you may want to go back and read my post at #14781 on page 740 and you will get the idea of what I am talking about and why my "hope for Carter" meter just shot up when I read it. As I said, this could be all wrong but it is a separate paragraph, albeit not a long one, and it does not seem like a throw away - it could definitely be a planted seed for the fans to keep them hooked into part 2 of the season who they knew would be riled at Mitchell waltzing in and taking lead from Carter, especially since, IMO, he appears, at least at this time, to be an imbecile when it comes to knowing how to be a leader.

I have to say I read it at least 6 times to make sure I was reading it right and I think I am especially the way it is written.
      Anyone who chooses to go and read it let me know what you think. Have fun.

Comment

Hey guys!

In answer to Sky's positive challenge, I have to say that one moment that I thought was pretty dang funny in S9 was when Dr. Lee was like, "Trying to do [blah] is like... trying... to do something... that's impossible." And then there's a beat, and Sam was like, "Good analogy," and patted him on the back.

I dunno. I just had to laugh at her saying the thing that the audience was thinking.

Comment

Hi Sally:

and chocdoc - to answer both your questions - when I read this article there was one paragraph that nearly knocked me out of my chair (again). (I am not going to say because to me it could be huge, or it could be the article being wrong but I choose, at least for now, to believe what it says because it may help us understand a lot and it may clear up a lot if it is addressed in the second half of the season in any legitimate, substantive way. It could also be what Mallozzi refers to when he says "Carter fans will be happy with S9" or "everyone will be happy" because if they do follow through on this little tid bit it would, IMO, go a long way to appeasing me and perhaps some of the other fans that are ticked about the Mitchell Carter thing. Anyway, I'm rambling - so much to say - no time to say it.)

The pargarpah is 8 down from the top or the 3rd one after the picture of Carter in front of the computer with the pen in her hand. Once you read this you may want to go back and read my post at #14781 on page 740 and you will get the idea of what I am talking about and why my "hope for Carter" meter just shot up when I read it. As I said, this could be all wrong but it is a separate paragraph, albeit not a long one, and it does not seem like a throw away - it could definitely be a planted seed for the fans to keep them hooked into part 2 of the season who they knew would be riled at Mitchell waltzing in and taking lead from Carter, especially since, IMO, he appears, at least at this time, to be an imbecile when it comes to knowing how to be a leader.

I have to say I read it at least 6 times to make sure I was reading it right and I think I am especially the way it is written.

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

Originally posted by SamFan31
            It’s been a while since we’ve done one of these. Can you ….

Name The Episode?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92...ameTheEp-1.jpg

season 7's 'revisions'?

sally
            You're right, Sally. But AGateFan beat you to it a few posts earlier (#16510)

Originally posted by AGateFan
            REVISIONS ?

(is that the Halling guys head?.. wasnt halling in that ep but its the same guy)

Comment

Ok it's time for my shameless pitch. Don't forget the Amanda Tapping contest folks!

We have several Samandans there, Skydiver, dipsofjazz, ForeverSG1...each of whom are leading in certain categories... so am I...

But you can't forget to vote for them...like daily...because other people are voting for other things and our projects start to lose percentage points or it's a horse race and is very close. Mine? Not so much...but Kat's terrific Betrayal wallpaper is barely in the lead.

SO VOTE DAILY ALREADY....

http://www.theamandatappingclub.net/contest/index.html

Last edited by Uber; 21 September 2005, 09:33 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Hi Sally:

Hey bink?
                Spoiler:
                Does this mean you think that Sam is 2IC of the base?

Sorry. I'm kinda slow tonight.

EDIT: Whoa... Wha? 1600 posts? How the heck did THAT happen?

OK, OK, I blame it on Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                  Hey bink?
                  Spoiler:
                  Does this mean you think that Sam is 2IC of the base?

Sorry. I'm kinda slow tonight.

EDIT: Whoa... Wha? 1600 posts? How the heck did THAT happen?

OK, OK, I blame it on Samanda.
                  Happy 16 hundredth to you...
                  Happy 16 hundredth to you...
                  Happy 16 hundredth dearest Spazzymeisterrrrrrrrrrrr...
                  HAPPY 16 HUNDREDTH TOOOOOO YOUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!

Napoleonic Powermongers preventing me from greening you...so here's some blue instead...

Wow...I'm in a bizarrely silly mood tonight...has someone spiked my BLUE JELLO??? You all KNOW I don't drink... *hiccup*

Last edited by Uber; 21 September 2005, 11:19 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                    Wow...I'm in a bizarrely silly mood tonight...has someone spiked my BLUE JELLO??? You all KNOW I don't drink... *hiccup*

Thanks for the blue, Über!

I don't drink either, but here I am... acting bizarrely silly with ya!

Even the trauma hasn't gotten me down.

Comment

Thanks for the blue, Über!

I don't drink either, but here I am... acting bizarrely silly with ya!

Even the trauma hasn't gotten me down.
                      It's weird...but the trauma's actually made me sillier. I mean at first I was dumbfounded and speechless...which for me is like, you know ! "Mary Beth's SPEECHLESS??!??? !

But for some reason I just got ÜBER GIDDY!

Go figure...

P.S. I blame LYS for the spiked jello thing...it's SO got her grubby little fingerprints ALL OVER IT!!!!!!!!!

Comment

It's weird...but the trauma's actually made me sillier. I mean at first I was dumbfounded and speechless...which for me is like, you know ! "Mary Beth's SPEECHLESS??!??? !

But for some reason I just got ÜBER GIDDY!

Go figure...

P.S. I blame LYS for the spiked jello thing...it's SO got her grubby little fingerprints ALL OVER IT!!!!!!!!!

I see what you're saying about the giddiness! It's almost like a nice, little defense mechanism. I feel ya in that department. Very interesting...

Since Lys would be the obvious culprit, I think we should start accusing someone who's generally nice and unassuming:

Like minigeek.

Hey, let's play a game! It can be like a mini-popcorn story. I'll write three sentences and tag someone, and that person can add another three sentences and tag someone else.

OK, here goes:

Once upon a time, not too long ago (and not too far away, thanks to the Internet) there was a town called Samanda. In that town were many different kinds of people who had many different jobs. But they all believed in upholding the ultimate motto of the town: Hic Comitas Regit.

TAG, you're it, Über!

Comment

I see what you're saying about the giddiness! It's almost like a nice, little defense mechanism. I feel ya in that department. Very interesting...

Since Lys would be the obvious culprit, I think we should start accusing someone who's generally nice and unassuming:

Like minigeek.

Hey, let's play a game! It can be like a mini-popcorn story. I'll write three sentences and tag someone, and that person can add another three sentences and tag someone else.

OK, here goes:

Once upon a time, not too long ago (and not too far away, thanks to the Internet) there was a town called Samanda. In that town were many different kinds of people who had many different jobs. But they all believed in upholding the ultimate motto of the town: Hic Comitas Regit.

TAG, you're it, Über!
                          And in that fair town dwelt a wide variety of delightful, intelligent, insightful and thoroughly comedic citizenry...and then there was Mary Beth...but I digress. And the land was filled with peace and harmony and joy radiated throughout the kingdom...until lo and behold...

(sorry folks...it's 4 a.m. and my creative gene's been on overload today...)

Well, anyway...tagging SKYDIVER.

And I agree. It must have been MG. So unassuming. So friendly. All the while setting up poor Lys to take the fall!

Last edited by Uber; 22 September 2005, 12:11 AM.

Comment

And in that fair town dwelt a wide variety of delightful, intelligent, insightful and thoroughly comedic citizenry...and then there was Mary Beth...but I digress. And the land was filled with peace and harmony and joy radiated throughout the kingdom...until lo and behold...

(sorry folks...it's 4 a.m. and my creative gene's been on overload today...)

Well, anyway...tagging SKYDIVER.

And I agree. It must have been MG. So unassuming. So friendly. All the while setting up poor Lys to take the fall!

I told you Mary Beth ! It's not fair !

*snif, snif*
                            Why, oh, why did you add this fine bottle of Cognac in your blue Jello ? Why ? *snif, snif*
                            It's really not fair !
                            Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Geek!congrats Spaz!!!!!!!

Here's a little gift for you : enjoy a fabulous cruise on the newest O'Neill's ship: the Homer.

Now, who said Über was the only one high on giddiness and silliness ?
                              Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Hello everyone !

We're still collecting fan mail to give to Amanda at Gabit. We will put this along with the contest entries in an appreciation book. But we can't do this without YOUR HELP !

To show you we mean business. Dana has made the frontpage of our appreciation book and we have put it online for you all to see.

What can I send in ??
                                We will give every fan a maximum of 3 pages to fill in. You can fill
                                your space with lots of things. You can write a personal letter, you
                                can also include a picture, perhaps a postcard on top of it or
                                something you made on the computer, basically we will accept almost
                                everything ! It doesn't need to be big, if you only have a few lines
                                to say to Amanda, no problem at all !

So in short the items you may include:

A personal letter
                                Photo
                                Postcard
                                Poem
                                Fanart
                                ...anything else you want to add...

We've changed the submission date (now October 18th) upon request
                                and we have also added a guestbook. So you can send us an e-mail,
                                write in the guestbook or send us your fan mail by snail mail until
                                18th October.

To have a peek at the frontpage, go to this link:
                                http://www.theamandatappingclub.net/.../frontpage.jpg

For more information check out the site:
                                http://www.theamandatappingclub.net/fanmail/

Please spread the word onto other list as we hope to reach as many
                                fans as possible ! Take care,

Sandy and Dana

Comment

Working...
                                X