Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
    You are definitely in the right place for some Sam Appreciation!
    or to get demotivated
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca

I forgot 'radar'!
      what? what? what's this? someone's analysing me? EEK !
      Oh, it's only a demotivator. Sorry, but that's just become so much my name now that I can't see it as anything else now!

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        i can agree with how amanda feels. how many shows have the leading female shipped with the leading male? and then it seems taht she exists for little more than to be the other half of _____ & ______

as much as i do personally like sam and jack, now that brad's all but gone, i personally don't trust rob's take on romance. it would be hard even when brad was tackling it.
        i think that amanda and rick had a blast playing it and interacting with each other. whenever i watch the behind the scenes stuff, i'm struck at how well these two play together. it is a nice, comfortable 'big bro, little sis' type of relationship. and a lot of that chemistry showed up on screen which is what fed into the ship

however, that being said, and with all due modesty (thanks minigeek) i really don't trust teh fine writers of teh show to write romance in what i'd see as a good way.

and i would rather have it either done right or not done at all
        I agree. I don't want them to do the ship in SG1, not because I don't like the Sam&Jack relationship, but because I don't think they'd do it well. So I'd rather just leave it at hints that the viewer can figure out. I mean, come on, it's pretty damn clear that they have feelings for each other. You'd have to either be blind or stupid to not notice, so I don't see why we have to have it spelled out on tv like we are blind and stupid. I like a story where you as the viewer have to do a little bit of the work in figuring things out. So yeah, I feel tht if after all this time they actually explained the ship fully, it would take away the charm of what I have enjoyed of the shippyness before.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
          Sorry, but that's just become so much my name now that I can't see it as anything else now!
          I dont get it
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
            Deepspace this was so well put, sorry I can't green.

I've seen the first 4 ep's of season 9 and despite my dislike and disapointment of the Vala character the plot I'm finding surprisingly interesting for the time being. So there is some hope for a good show!!

Cam lacks the charisma of a leader, Sam has it in spades. If you rewatch the episodes where she has taken over leadership of the control room. Hammond was happy to sit back and let the cool, quick thinking Carter throw out the orders with definite authority in the way that instills confidence and respect. It is laughable she is not in command. However we have to accept there may be behind the scenes RL issues involved in this decision and it may not be appropriate to publicise them
            Thanks coley .

And yes, I'm very aware that what with being a mum Amanda may not even want Sam to be leader of SG1. I know that excuse may seem like it's getting a little old, but it's the truth. A new baby would be very demanding on her time not to even mention her energy! So this is why I've come to the conclusion that I don't really mind what happens in season 9. While it would have been the absolute greatest best if Sam had been leader of SG1, like we all had so much fun speculating before, I can also accept that she's not, so long as that's what Amanda wants. And you know, I can't see her sticking around the show much if it's not what she wanted, so I respect that.

It's so good to see you around posting more often again .

I haven't seen 1speed around for a while. We haven't scared him off have we?

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
              I dont get it
              demotivator: Not everyone has to be an astronaut when they grow up.
              Especially since there's analysis of deep space telemetry.

Get it now???

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

demotivator: Not everyone has to be an astronaut when they grow up.
                Especially since there's analysis of deep space telemetry.

Get it now???
                Its so obvious *embarassed*
                love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                  Its so obvious *embarassed*
                  lol, don't be
                  I was just having a bit of fun anyway , being silly.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

LOL - a moment of silence while we all analyze deepspace.

Well.

That was fun!

(Ooo, nice socks, there, deepspace. ;p )

mini(running)geek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                      LOL - a moment of silence while we all analyze deepspace.
                      deepspace has a deep seated desire to....

lol j/k
                      love Torri

Comment

Hehe, just read some S9 spoilers from AT on Off The Grid, sounds suspiciously like someones been reading thier Calvin and Hobbes.
                        TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

what? what? what's this? someone's analysing me? EEK !
                          Oh, it's only a demotivator. Sorry, but that's just become so much my name now that I can't see it as anything else now!
                          But you're so darned fascinating'!!!!!
                          If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
                          proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
                          Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
                            For those of you who haven't seen it yet, the complete TV Zone interview with Amanda has been posted on ScifiGate. Be careful, there are some spoilers for season 9, but there is also some neat behind the scenes info. Enjoy!
                            http://www.scifigate.net/tvzone194tapping.php
                            Nothing in this article disturbed me. However, from my professional perspective, one thing stood out. I think AT was heavily coached, because she was "on message" the entire time. This is such a rosy, positive article that the message had to have been put together by a publicist. But it doesn't bother me, 'cause.....that's show business! It's done all the time. It's part of her job to support the franchise. It doesn't mean she really believes it, so if anyone sees anything they think is negative in there, please take it with a grain of salt! And, I thought it was a pretty good article!
                            Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 21 September 2005, 03:43 PM.

Comment

It’s been a while since we’ve done one of these. Can you ….

Name The Episode?

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
                                For those of you who haven't seen it yet, the complete TV Zone interview with Amanda has been posted on ScifiGate. Be careful, there are some spoilers for season 9, but there is also some neat behind the scenes info. Enjoy!
                                http://www.scifigate.net/tvzone194tapping.php
                                Thanks for posting this. There was one thing that struck me out of this whole thing and anyone that reads it will know what I am talking about - it would be very nice if they would make that point exceptionally clear as soon as possible in the show because right now it is soooo not even within the realm of what can be guessed by what they have done with this mess. If this is true and they express it and write and portray it properly in the show then perhaps my pigue will go away. This will be very interesting. I harken back to a post I made many weeks ago that could now come to fruition if this is true and my hopes are up again, I hope they do not get dashed again come 4HM2.

Comment

Working...
                                X