Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
    Those are great caps! Could we persuade you to post them separately?
    Ok, here you go. Sorry they’re so small. I committed the cardinal sin of not saving the work to the original caps. Didn’t think I’d have any need for them! Oh well, just goes to show, you never know….

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92...n/PT-TFH-1.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92...n/PT-TFH-2.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92...n/PF-TFH-3.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92...n/PT-TFH-4.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92...n/PF-TFH-5.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92...n/PF-TFH-6.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
      Remember our discussion about Amanda appearing on Stargate Atlantis and our concerns about how they would introduce her character to Atlantis and what it would do to "Grace"?

Well, here is an article from TV Guide: BEWARE! SPOILERS for Atlantis Season 2 http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=17631
      Many thanks to "NowIWillDestroyAbydos" for the post.

Soooo,
      Spoiler:
      hallucination? , snarky relationship? , "sibling rivalry thing with a little bit of sexual tension thrown in"? Hmm.

I don't have enough time to state my opinion, but I will drop by later tonight. Let me just say:
      What does the rest of you think???
      Hmmm... Looks like golfbooy called it. I know we didn't bet or anything, but I could probably swing $50.

I'm not gonna judge just yet. This is an episode I've REALLY been looking forward to, so... Yeah. I'm trying really hard not to get any negative preconceptions.

While I'm bummed that
      Spoiler:
      Sam won't REALLY be there in Atlantis
      , as long as they don't write Sam out of character for the sole purpose of being FUNNY, it'll be OK. Because I could sooo see them
      Spoiler:
      justifying it by saying that Rodney's POV concerning Sam and life in general is way tilted.
      I'll watch anything with AT and DH together. I didn't fully appreciate the episodes in the past because I was a baby fan, but now I'll take whatever I can get.

I will say this: Apparently, based on the pic included,
      Spoiler:
      TPTB like to have Tapping AND Hewlett shipped with anyone and everyone these days
      . This little fact would otherwise be funny, if it hadn't been for my experience with the prepubescent Ancient last Friday.

Still... Trying to stay positive.

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
        Ok, here you go. Sorry they’re so small. I committed the cardinal sin of not saving the work to the original caps. Didn’t think I’d have any need for them! Oh well, just goes to show, you never know….

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92...n/PT-TFH-1.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92...n/PT-TFH-2.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92...n/PF-TFH-3.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92...n/PT-TFH-4.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92...n/PF-TFH-5.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92...n/PF-TFH-6.jpg
        Thanks! They're fine. Glad to have them!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
          Hmmm... Looks like golfbooy called it. I know we didn't bet or anything, but I could probably swing $50.

I'm not gonna judge just yet. This is an episode I've REALLY been looking forward to, so... Yeah. I'm trying really hard not to get any negative preconceptions.

While I'm bummed that
          Spoiler:
          , as long as they don't write Sam out of character for the sole purpose of being FUNNY, it'll be OK. Because I could sooo see them
          Spoiler:
          justifying it by saying that Rodney's POV concerning Sam and life in general is way tilted.
          I'll watch anything with AT and DH together. I didn't fully appreciate the episodes in the past because I was a baby fan, but now I'll take whatever I can get.

Spoiler:
          TPTB like to have Tapping AND Hewlett shipped with anyone and everyone these days
          . This little fact would otherwise be funny, if it hadn't been for my experience with the prepubescent Ancient last Friday.

Well hopefully the pose of AT/DW where they look like they are
          Spoiler:
          about to kiss are simply publicity shots or I think I may start to go the way of Golfbooy and be very disappointed with this episode. I can deal with Sam being a hallucination as long as they make her snarky and intelligent; however if they simply play Sam up as one of McKay's sexy fantasies to keep him entertained until he is rescued I think I may blow a gasket.
          I have honestly had my fill of men confessing their adoration of Sam already this year.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
            Well hopefully the pose of AT/DW where they look like they are
            Spoiler:
            about to kiss are simply publicity shots or I think I may start to go the way of Golfbooy and be very disappointed with this episode. I can deal with Sam being a hallucination as long as they make her snarky and intelligent; however if they simply play Sam up as one of McKay's sexy fantasies to keep him entertained until he is rescued I think I may blow a gasket.
            I have honestly had my fill of men confessing their adoration of Sam already this year.
            But it's going to be
            Spoiler:
            McKay's FANTASY! What would happen in his fantasy? Apparently, I'm going to disagree with everyone on this one. But I still think it will be fun, even if it does include a fantasy kiss. But I hope she gets snarky with him too.

On another note, Kat, love the new sig! I wish Verizon just covered the US well!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              you know, i don't really have that much of an issue with sam being on atlantis simply because brad runs that show. and, even though i have yet to really connect with any of the characters, i do find that atlantis is a better show, story wise, than stargate is right now

and i trust brad. he makes things that work with my taste
              I'm not sure if I trust Brad. There's too much rehashing of storylines from SG-1. "Duet" was entirely original and so far the best episode. You can pretty much pick out the basic plotline from Atlantis and say "oh, it's so-and-so from season #." Really, let's make a spin-off original.

"Singularity" is airing right now and it's such a fantastic episode. AT's acting was absolutely wonderful. And the dynamics were there. They don't seem to be there anymore.
              sigpic

Comment

i too think it will be funny

for me, i'm enjoying atlantis a lot more than i am stargate this year
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                  "Singularity" is airing right now and it's such a fantastic episode. AT's acting was absolutely wonderful. And the dynamics were there. They don't seem to be there anymore.
                  Sigh.....no, they're not. Having AT back makes it better, but there's no genuine camaraderie. It just all seems forced.
                  Originally posted by Skydiver
                  i too think it will be funny

for me, i'm enjoying atlantis a lot more than i am stargate this year
                  Oh, me too!

Comment

Sorry for the late reply, I keep getting sidetracked tonight.

Originally Posted by Skydiver:
                    you know, i don't really have that much of an issue with sam being on atlantis simply because brad runs that show. and, even though i have yet to really connect with any of the characters, i do find that atlantis is a better show, story wise, than stargate is right now

and i trust brad. he makes things that work with my taste
                    Oh, I don't have an issue with Sam being on Atlantis. That's not what I'm saying at all. I have a problem with Atlantis rather frequently stealing entire episodes from SG-1. I'm talking about rehashing the exact same plots and hoping for the same exact character development. Look, I get that it's the same writers creating both shows; I often wish more fans could see it that way. And I am absolutely willing to concede that Stargate has always taken what can be considered scifi cliches and other's ideas and incoporated them into its own story. What has made that OK in the past is that the writers used to take those ideas and put a neat, unique spin on them. They made them fit within the Stargate universe. But what's been happening on Atlantis this season is, for me, rather discouraging. Being carnivorous is one thing. Being canabalistic is quite another.

By the way, I just want to add that I entirely agree with your praise of Brad Wright. These have always been his shows, and he is still, by far, the best writer Stargate has ever seen. And he does it quietly. While other writers seem to have their own agendas as far as fandom is concerned, he seems to shy away from any effusive praise of his contribution to the franchise. For years, early on, I would sing the praises of Secrets and Serpent's Song. Character wise, the way those episodes set up conflict for each and every one of the characters, I felt they were remarkable episodes for a show so young to be able to produce. It wasn't until years later, here at GateWorld, I read an old interview where Brad is quoted as saying that he rewrote those episodes from page one. He's the reason that Lost City plays so great for the SG-1 team, and I still have a sneaking suspicion that he's responsible for Act IV of Heroes Part II. Anyway, suffice it to say that I wish Brad Wright could put a little more time into SG-1.

You know, thinking about it, if I had my druthers, my one wish for the probable season 10 of SG-1 and season 3 of Atlantis, it would be for Brad Wright and Rob Cooper to swap their showrunning duties for each show. I've always believed that Rob Cooper was absolutely terrific at writing the big plot. He's great at coming up with and executing a natural progression of events within the story. I'm specifically thinking Torment of Tantalus, Fifth Man, Fair Game, and Nemesis--episodes like that. It seems that his ideas change the Stargate universe in the most significant ways. Brad Wright, on the other hand, has a handle on the characters like no one else does. Plain and simple, SG-1 never has to act out of character when Brad Wright writes them.

Frankly, I think that both SG-1 and Atlantis could benefit from what the opposing showrunner brings to the table. My one complaint with Atlantis is that nothing seems to happen that changes their story. Their universe, storywise, is very much the same as it always has been. Some new, orginal elements would go a long way towards making Atlantis more than "SG-1's sister show". And I think Rob Cooper is well qualified to give it a shot. Conversely, I think SG-1 could benefit from Brad Wright's strengths at this point. A lot of complaints about season nine are in regards to the basic, commonplace interactions of the characters. "They don't seem as comfortable", "Sam doesn't smile as much", "Daniel's too snarky", "Where's the caring, friendship based team?"--these are all pretty common observations anywhere you go. I think those small, subtle, seemingly insignificant interactions that drew most of us (well, at least me) to SG-1 in the first place are the handywork of Brad Wright. And I wouldn't be complaining if he ran SG-1 in season 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                      Wish I had a better screencap for this one...

I don't have any S8 or S9 caps, but something from the beginning of Babylon where Cam is standing tall while everyone else is ducking during the firefight would be interesting....
                      Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                      My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                        Don't worry Sal, I'm with AD... I don't believe the intimate relationship they were talking about necessarily involved sex. Intimate does not mean sexual. In fact, according to Webster:

Intimate:
                        1 a : INTRINSIC, ESSENTIAL b : belonging to or characterizing one's deepest nature
                        2 : marked by very close association, contact, or familiarity <intimate knowledge of the law>
                        3 a : marked by a warm friendship developing through long association b : suggesting informal warmth or privacy <intimate clubs>
                        4 : of a very personal or private nature

Sam has an intimate relationship with every member of SG-1, but it does not mean she has had a sexual relationship with any of them.. I just think the way they wrote it they were trying to once again make Sam look very uncomfortable, which is what irritated me the most.
                        thank you, fs. *hugs*

i'm in a very dark place right now, concerning the show and the ppl making it.

as a sam fan, i'm disappointed that sam is no longer leading sg1. and without even a moment to explain sam letting/wanting this to happen.

as a shipper, i'm being drilled into the ground. robert cooper said, basically, that there'd be no s/j ship this season... but i guess i forgot to read the disclaimers because i missed where he said it would be replaced with sam/orlin and
                        Spoiler:
                        sam/mckay - from atlantis' 'grace under pressure'. <read about it here on gateworld - with pictures>

i'm also having BIG probs with my beloved amanda not liking my fave aspect of this show (sam/jack). she's more negative/against it now than ever.... it's depressing and disheartening, to say the least.

the more i see this season, the more i wish the show would have ended last year. the more i hear about up-coming eps, the more i wish *i'd* quit.

i'll stop now, because i'm sure ppl don't want to hear my whine (and i'm sure there's ppl that can't even relate to what i'm talking about, ship-wise)

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

I posted this comment on the shipper thread. I really don't mind Sam going over to SGA for a "stint". More money for her really. I firmly believe that TPTB are pulling AT/SC over to SGA just to boost up their rating. If they plan to end SG1 with S9, they need to make sure that SGA can become a stand alone series. PTB are hoping to draw viewer over SGA for this one "stint" of AT. PTB are well aware of the attraction that bringing AT over. Good for AT. I believe that she is such a fine actor.

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                            Todays 'International act like a pirate day' so Mazzmatazz made this:

http://www.mazzmatazz.co.uk/gallery/.../stARRgate.jpg
                            Wow , that is lovely .... thank you for sharing .... just great

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                              Actually, I hope I'm dead wrong. And I'll be the first to admit it if I am.

While I'm bummed that
                              Spoiler:
                              Spoiler:
                              Yes, I too am afraid that the fact that it's all
                              Spoiler:
                              in Rodney's head
                              will give them free reign to do whatever they want with Sam, regardless of the implications for her character.

Spoiler:
                              Yeah, first Barrett, then Orlin, now McKay. Let's just say that it's not exactly the character development I was looking for out of Sam this season. I get it guys, Sam's hot. You don't have to keep ramming it down my throat.
                              Yeah, Sam said the same. And we all know how that one worked out...

Comment

pic from Prototype
                                Spoiler:
                                Sam was asking Landry and without much hesitation, Sam went to a planet and led sg5

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...1/PDVD_319.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X