Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From http://amandatapping.free.fr

gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
      I have them in my Photobucket account, but I'm not sure how to link you to them. So why don't I just post them here.....about 3 to a post? There are about 20 total. The creator's name is the last thing in each title.
      Thank you so much! They just make me laugh so hard. I should have been saving them all along.

Hugs,
      S

My LJ

Comment

Wish I had a better screencap for this one...

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
          I'm glad that Sam came back and that season 9 isn't about her relationships with every random guy they used to have hanging around her doing puppy dog eyes. Sorry for all the shippers here, but I'm not ready for a wedding in the gate room.

And deepspace, your sig is beautiful.
          hey, not all shippers want to see a wedding, or need a wedding at all. i'm a big time shipper, but i do not want to see a wedding on the show, especially one on the ramp.
          i love sam, and i love the s/j relationship, as i do her friendships with the rest of the team. but i do not think it should take up a lot of screen time. i think it should be completely secondary to the rest of her on screen character, because it just shouldn't be that kind of show. thats the second biggest issue i had with the pete thing. it just became too big a part of the show and her character.

sam for me is equal parts of soldier, scientist, human woman who happens to be in love with someone. but the show is action/sci fi, so the primary focus of the character should be on the first two.

this has gone on a tad past my original intention. so just to recap, i'm a shipper, but i do not want the wedding on the ramp senario. it was a bad enough venue for ry'ac! tv weddings suck beyond compare! except for maybe the majority of reality tv.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
            hey, not all shippers want to see a wedding, or need a wedding at all. i'm a big time shipper, but i do not want to see a wedding on the show, especially one on the ramp.
            i love sam, and i love the s/j relationship, as i do her friendships with the rest of the team. but i do not think it should take up a lot of screen time. i think it should be completely secondary to the rest of her on screen character, because it just shouldn't be that kind of show. thats the second biggest issue i had with the pete thing. it just became too big a part of the show and her character.

sam for me is equal parts of soldier, scientist, human woman who happens to be in love with someone. but the show is action/sci fi, so the primary focus of the character should be on the first two.

this has gone on a tad past my original intention. so just to recap, i'm a shipper, but i do not want the wedding on the ramp senario. it was a bad enough venue for ry'ac! tv weddings suck beyond compare! except for maybe the majority of reality tv.
            Totally agree! By the way, where did the talk of a wedding on the ramp in the gate room come from, anyway? I hadn't heard anything about it 'til people here started making comments a day or two ago. Tres tacky!

Comment

Remember our discussion about Amanda appearing on Stargate Atlantis and our concerns about how they would introduce her character to Atlantis and what it would do to "Grace"?

Well, here is an article from TV Guide: BEWARE! SPOILERS for Atlantis Season 2 http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=17631
              Many thanks to "NowIWillDestroyAbydos" for the post.

Soooo,
              Spoiler:
              hallucination? , snarky relationship? , "sibling rivalry thing with a little bit of sexual tension thrown in"? Hmm.

I don't have enough time to state my opinion, but I will drop by later tonight. Let me just say:
              What does the rest of you think???
              Last edited by Dani76; 19 September 2005, 03:56 PM.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Totally agree! By the way, where did the talk of a wedding on the ramp in the gate room come from, anyway? I hadn't heard anything about it 'til people here started making comments a day or two ago. Tres tacky!
                'twas just some brief chit chat on the s/j thread sometime last year. the majority of which was not serious. the ramp bit, not the wedding bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
                  Remember our discussion about Amanda appearing on Stargate Atlantis and our concerns about how they would introduce her character to Atlantis and what it would do to "Grace"?

Well, here is an article from TV Guide: BEWARE! SPOILERS for Atlantis Season 2 http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=17631

Soooo,
                  Spoiler:
                  hallucination? , snarky relationship? , "sibling rivalry thing with a little bit of sexual tension thrown in"? Hmm.
                  very cool. thanks for that, its the only atlantis ep i've ever read a spoiler for, and its probably the only one i'm really looking forward to. i loved the caption in the pic too.

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                    It's just me, popping in for probably my last post for awhile. I have to say, over-all, I've been disappointed with the first half of the SG-1 season, especially, the re-introduction of Sam. It's like she is a "ghost" flitting from scene to scene, but without any real substance. What are the writers doing????? I thought, with all the hype, this season was going to be exciting, with the new characters and storylines, but so far, I've seen nothing that has surprised me, except
                    Spoiler:
                    Gerak becoming a Prior.
                    Perhaps, that will jump start the second half of the season, because when I found out my DVD burned FAILED to burn the double season finale last Friday, I wasn't as upset as I should have been.

I want Sam back......our Sam.....strong, caring, unwilling to admit defeat, unwilling to take no for an answer, when she knows she is right, (which she usually is).....Oh well, I'm ranting. Time to take my meds and rest.

Take care everyone and keep the bright torch of Samanda burning, so I can find my way home. While I'm on sick leave, please use Lys for any medical or psychological emergencies!

HIC COMITAS REGIT
                    Hope everything's going to be ok lida. It's been great having you back for the time you've been here. Rest and heal.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally Posted by Dani76:

Soooo, SPOILERS (Highlight below to read):
                      Spoiler:
                      Spoiler:
                      Well, I wish I'd have seen that one coming. Oh, wait, I did see that one coming, didn't I. Sorry if this is contrary to everyone else's opinion, but it seems pretty standard fare blah to me. Atlantis unoriginal? No, not that show. All we need is a Threshold for Ronon and a Hundred Days for Sheppard and they'll even be able to advertise as SG-1, the next generation. My mistake, they already took care of one of those, didn't they?

And I for one am sad to see AT's crossover reduced to nothing more than a ratings bump and the indulgence of McKay's puerile sexual fantasy. Sorry, but the guy is nothing more than Felger on a weekly basis. And that's just what Sam's character needs, another man by which fans can identify her role in Stargate. Nice to see that SG-1 still suffers for it's offspring's sake. I'm sure AT would have been little use on SG-1 that week anyway. And I'm not even gonna get into what this does to Grace. Why waste seven years building to an epiphany when you can do it in only one and half?

How uninspiring.

I wonder what the Atlantis fans will think of it. Any Atlantis fans here want to weigh in? Or are you too preoccupied gnashing your teeth and pulling at your hair?

Comment

I like all the motivationals. Especially Fortitude. I like the Oneill quote with fighter Sam look. I think its a great fit and Im not even a shipper.
                        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

you know, i don't really have that much of an issue with sam being on atlantis simply because brad runs that show. and, even though i have yet to really connect with any of the characters, i do find that atlantis is a better show, story wise, than stargate is right now

and i trust brad. he makes things that work with my taste
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I believe what I saw in canon with my own eyes. It was a deep, spiritual, glowy ascended-to-human thing. There was no sex! I wasn't initially too upset with the scene in TFH1, but after mulling it over during the weekend and reading all your comments, I now realize how damaging it could be. I thought they were trying to redeem Sam's character, not trash it some more. Fans who hadn't seen the character before probably misunderstood. I now have decided I resent TPTB for handling it the way they did!
                            Ditto. Again, I think. I liked the comparison with Sam and Narim: a sharing of the deepest level of caring and affection.

Not saying that if it WAS combined with sex, well... .

Ok, I'm back. The references by Landry and Lam were inappropriate to me, although someone else mentioned it was just Landry's "finding your krytonite" humor. Ha ha. Not.

My take.

Just sayin.'
                            MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                            sigpic
                            Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                              OK. Amanda cannot possibly think that man is sexy. At best, maybe cute in a pudgy boy-ish sort of way, when combined with what would have to be a fantastic personality, but sexy?! I know, I know, his big brother runs the show.

Shows to go ya though, [sic] interview comments are a pretty darn unreliable source when one is on a quest for that ever-elusive thing we call truth.

Mini(thegeek)
                              You know... It's possible that she actually thinks that. Just because a lot of us disagree with that sentiment, it doesn't mean she was lying or simply being nice. We'll never know.

Comment

you know, it is entirely possible that what sam saw in Pete was normality.

look at work, she's surrounded by testosterone all day long. she's surrounded by alpha males...who sometimes let thier, ahem, sidearms do teh talking

pete wasn't like that. he wasn't trying to macho out, he was just a guy.

i think she liked that. she liked taking the break from 'super stud' and pete was 'normal'...yet, because he was a cop, she felt that he'd 'get' her job. he'd understand the guns and the danger and the sucky hours.

i also think that she felt safe with him. he wasn't going to push her or try to boss her. then, what she didn't count on, was pete's determination to rebuild his life iwth her. i think that he was so on the rebound and wanted to be married again. which, i feel, is why he pushed so hard for the house and such.

unfortunatley, or fortunately, he did push too hard and she got skittish
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X