Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    thanks, AD.

i so want to believe this, but the dialog and reactions in that scene told me otherwise.

but for just a moment, i'll let myself think like you...

sally
    Don't worry Sal, I'm with AD... I don't believe the intimate relationship they were talking about necessarily involved sex. Intimate does not mean sexual. In fact, according to Webster:

Intimate:
    1 a : INTRINSIC, ESSENTIAL b : belonging to or characterizing one's deepest nature
    2 : marked by very close association, contact, or familiarity <intimate knowledge of the law>
    3 a : marked by a warm friendship developing through long association b : suggesting informal warmth or privacy <intimate clubs>
    4 : of a very personal or private nature

Sam has an intimate relationship with every member of SG-1, but it does not mean she has had a sexual relationship with any of them.. I just think the way they wrote it they were trying to once again make Sam look very uncomfortable, which is what irritated me the most.

Comment

Errrrr, I can't remember all the demotivators that have been created so far, so I hope I haven't stolen this...

My LJ

Comment

It's just me, popping in for probably my last post for awhile. I have to say, over-all, I've been disappointed with the first half of the SG-1 season, especially, the re-introduction of Sam. It's like she is a "ghost" flitting from scene to scene, but without any real substance. What are the writers doing????? I thought, with all the hype, this season was going to be exciting, with the new characters and storylines, but so far, I've seen nothing that has surprised me, except
        Spoiler:
        Gerak becoming a Prior.
        Perhaps, that will jump start the second half of the season, because when I found out my DVD burned FAILED to burn the double season finale last Friday, I wasn't as upset as I should have been.

I want Sam back......our Sam.....strong, caring, unwilling to admit defeat, unwilling to take no for an answer, when she knows she is right, (which she usually is).....Oh well, I'm ranting. Time to take my meds and rest.

Take care everyone and keep the bright torch of Samanda burning, so I can find my way home. While I'm on sick leave, please use Lys for any medical or psychological emergencies!

HIC COMITAS REGIT
        On fighting:
        Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
        Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Hi, everyone! I'm still really swamped w/ Homework, but had to stop by & rant regarding Friday's episode. Please forgive me if anyone already mentioned this, but I don't think I can go back to all the pages of posts I've missed. Did anyone else catch Cam report to SGC as "This is Sg-1 team leader"? It made me so....o angry. What the (*&(*&)(&*(_* hell? Exactly what reason can TPTB give for him having command except that his reproductive organs are on the outside, instead on inside? I'm so bleeping angry.

Goa'uld queen in possession of Daniel, Jonas and Martouf clones
          Lovely signature courtesy of Admiral Q O and Skydiver.

Comment

thanks, AD.

i so want to believe this, but the dialog and reactions in that scene told me otherwise.

but for just a moment, i'll let myself think like you...

sally
            MWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA

Just kidding. The first time I saw the scene I was
            Spoiler:
            waiting for Sam to clarify Landry's use of the word intimate. I also was not willing to make up my mind on whether they "did" or "did not".

I just re-watched the scene in question. Landry has a smile/smirk on his face when he speaks of what's in Sam's report. He hesitates as if he's looking for a delicate way to put it, and chooses the word 'intimate'. If it was just spiritual why the smile, the delicacy? Heck, why ask her about it at all being its all in her report - unless he thinks she left the adolescent part out of her report and he's asking her about it now? I'm thinking that's not so likely. Lam remarks on Orlin's physical characteristics, saying he was "taller". If this intimacy was merely spiritual why would Sam need to then explain/justify/defend her actions by saying "he was a grown man."?
            Just my musings but I don't think its set in stone, I think valid points both ways can still be made with what little they gave us. Kinda like the
            Spoiler:
            'not exactly'.
            What does that MEAN?????

Honestly, I think that part of the scene was unnecessary IMHO. It did serve to embarass Sam and I didn't like it. And there was a certain 'ick' factor to the whole concept of
            Spoiler:
            Orlin taking somewhat more youthful form, even if they did acknowledge it in the dialog
            . It goes to my thought that S9 has possibly taken a more edgy and dark 'lean forward' type of direction.
            If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
            proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
            Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Originally posted by jerin
              Hi, everyone! I'm still really swamped w/ Homework, but had to stop by & rant regarding Friday's episode. Please forgive me if anyone already mentioned this, but I don't think I can go back to all the pages of posts I've missed. Did anyone else catch Cam report to SGC as "This is Sg-1 team leader"? It made me so....o angry. What the (*&(*&)(&*(_* hell? Exactly what reason can TPTB give for him having command except that his reproductive organs are on the outside, instead on inside? I'm so bleeping angry.
              Jerin, GREAT to see you, I was thinking about you this weekend wondering how you've been.

I love the reproductive organs quote. I know you know this, but
              Spoiler:
              TPTB had O'Neill give command of SG-1 to Cam and not Sam. I'm sure they thought that would assuage and explain things, like "gee, how can any of the die-hard fans have a problem with it if we have dear beloved O'Neill do it?" I do find it weird that our plucky (not using the word spunky, Q) Sam hasn't expressed a problem with it, especially since the phrase 'reproductive organs' rolls so nicely off her tongue now that she's had so much practice at it!

I can tell you as a woman who tends toward male-dominated professions, it is very maddening when you are smarter, quicker, and better than your male 'manager'. Once my male boss took a white paper I wrote, slapped his name on it and had it published; but everyone knew I wrote it because everyone knew he couldn't write for beans. IMHO everyone can SEE that Sam is the one in charge because she's naturally taking charge simply by being smarter, quicker and better. I know its not good enough, but that's what I keep telling myself.

<----is not bitter

Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Comment

Okay, here's another demotivator. Again, I hope I'm not stealing these from someone else... (And if I am, I'm sorry. I guess it's proof that great minds think alike, ...or maybe that I just don't have an ounce of originality in my being, so I have to sponge off of other people...)

Is someone collecting these somewhere?

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                  Okay, here's another demotivator. Again, I hope I'm not stealing these from someone else... (And if I am, I'm sorry. I guess it's proof that great minds think alike, ...or maybe that I just don't have an ounce of originality in my being, so I have to sponge off of other people...)

Hopefully Legends memorabilia is collecting them. I'd LOVE to have these in our office! Seriously, Stargate jewelry and demotivators - I'd pay good $$$ for both...

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
                    Jerin, GREAT to see you, I was thinking about you this weekend wondering how you've been.
                    Awww! Hugs WhatFateAlmondRoca. How are you and your glam-y-ous daughter?
                    Spoiler:
                    TPTB had O'Neill give command of SG-1 to Cam and not Sam. I'm sure they thought that would assuage and explain things, like "gee, how can any of the die-hard fans have a problem with it if we have dear beloved O'Neill do it?" I do find it weird that our plucky (not using the word spunky, Q) Sam hasn't expressed a problem with it, especially since the phrase 'reproductive organs' rolls so nicely off her tongue now that she's had so much practice at it!

I can tell you as a woman who tends toward male-dominated professions, it is very maddening when you are smarter, quicker, and better than your male 'manager'. Once my male boss took a white paper I wrote, slapped his name on it and had it published; but everyone knew I wrote it because everyone knew he couldn't write for beans. IMHO everyone can SEE that Sam is the one in charge because she's naturally taking charge simply by being smarter, quicker and better. I know its not good enough, but that's what I keep telling myself.

<----is not bitter
                    That's such crap cuz
                    Spoiler:
                    Jack would never give Cam command over Sam. It would be uncharacteristic of him, considering how much he values Sam's experience, especially seeing it first hand.
                    I'm sorry to hear about your personal experience. May I ask what you do? I went to a high school where all the top students, in both sports and academics, including myself, were girls. I also come from a long line of strong women. It makes me so angry...I could rant for hours. When something incredibly stupid like this happens, whether in real life or in Stargate, it just reminds me of how much further we have to go. Originally from Bangladesh, my parents moved here primarily to give my sisters & I more opportunities than the male dominated Bangladesh. Seeing stuff like this in USA, a country that I love very much and that's supposed to be better, hurts. Sorry...I'll stop ranting now.

Goa'uld queen in possession of Daniel, Jonas and Martouf clones
                    Lovely signature courtesy of Admiral Q O and Skydiver.

Comment

In an earlier Episode of Season 9 Sam said that she was "sort of" seeing someone to agent Barrett. IS this forshadowing of a relationship with Jack?

I do not read spoilers of episodes, but if you post them here I will. I am not against them I am just too lazy to look for them.
                      Hallowed are the Eey-Ore!

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                        3000% agreed

Rick & Amanda seem to have an understanding of the grace of their attraction, far better than the written version apparently. Although there's a line in the script of 2010 I wish had stayed in
                        Uh.....what line was that, Myrth?

Strix, I have kept them all, with the names of the person who created each one. I can resurrect them at any time, or post them to Photobucket for anyone who wants them.
                        Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 19 September 2005, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca

Spoiler:

<----is not bitter
                          Sure, you're bitter about it! We all are! And I think you're right about Sam in charge. But O'Neill did what he did because
                          Spoiler:
                          he knew Sam was heading up R & D at Area 51 and no longer wanted the command.
                          So you really can't blame him or his motivations. But we sure can blame TPTB for theirs!

Comment

That's such crap cuz
                            Spoiler:
                            Jack would never give Cam command over Sam. It would be uncharacteristic of him, considering how much he values Sam's experience, especially seeing it first hand.
                            I'm sorry to hear about your personal experience. May I ask what you do? I went to a high school where all the top students, in both sports and academics, including myself, were girls. I also come from a long line of strong women. It makes me so angry...I could rant for hours. When something incredibly stupid like this happens, whether in real life or in Stargate, it just reminds me of how much further we have to go. Originally from Bangladesh, my parents moved here primarily to give my sisters & I more opportunities than the male dominated Bangladesh. Seeing stuff like this in USA, a country that I love very much and that's supposed to be better, hurts. Sorry...I'll stop ranting now.
                            Yeah, I agree about Jack. Kinda makes me wonder why Jack
                            Spoiler:
                            would offer Cam any position he wanted, knowing he could ask to take over SG-1. He could have said, "I'll put you ON SG-1 but I won't make you team leader, but NOOOO. Whatever.
                            TPTBs thought we would buy it.

I started in advertising and then jumped ship in the early 90s when it became clear that the WWW was going to be SOMEthing. So I guess you could say that tech field. Now that I'm 'retired' from that I play music, mostly jazz & rock, which seems very male dominated, especially in the South where I live now. I'm not a vocalist, and you know, ALL females MUST sing in order to be considered REAL musicians. Anyway, enough prattling on about my personal life.

<---still not bitter

I'm glad your parents came here, Jerin. That was a big change and sacrifice for them to make. Kudos to them and also to you for embracing those opportunities. Must do their hearts good to see you where you are now, wot with your Jonas clones and all. Guess that would be outlawed in Bangladesh??? LOL.

p.s. Grace is wonderful!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                              Sure, you're bitter about it! We all are! And I think you're right about Sam in charge. But O'Neill did what he did because
                              Spoiler:
                              he knew Sam was heading up R & D at Area 51 and no longer wanted the command.
                              So you really can't blame him or his motivations. But we sure can blame TPTB for theirs!
                              AHHHH EXCELLENT POINT. Thank you. I'm now at a more comfortable level of 'suspension of disbelief'.

<---- is guilty as charged

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                                Thanks for that Qas. I'm downloading the free version now.
                                You see, i er...
                                I used my camera to take the last lot of screenshots .
                                I also have the free version works fine for my needs

My mother also thought that screenshots were made with a camera so your not alone
                                While I absolutely love the sig Kat made me, I just want a bit of a change for a while. http://photobucket.com/albums/y218/d...r/12c2ff94.jpg
                                I like it - its very nice indeed
                                Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                                Haha, you bet I can
                                'Not Exactly' is perfectly fine by me, as you can twist it and put whatever spin on it you want. Sam not wanting any romantic relationship at all - go for it.
                                Thats what I interpreted it as
                                Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                                And I think the kid playing Orlin did a pretty good job. He certainly talked and acted how I remember original Orlin talking and acting.
                                Even though I think tptb dealt badly with the Sam/Orlin stuff I was very impressed with Bright's acting
                                Originally posted by astrogeologist
                                Forever is correct, 'accesspics' is mine - and you are more than welcome to use any pics that you want ... as long as Sam is shown in a positive light
                                Is there any other light that she can be shown in?
                                these are all from the same ep? her hair looks different in them.

sally
                                All from the 4th horseman
                                Originally posted by Lys
                                I'm not ready for a wedding in the gate room.
                                Ry'ac
                                I've been watching a certain video again. Yep, you know which one I'm talking about . I just can't get tired of it. Uber, I also notice the cover page to your website has been changing slightly too
                                Do you have any other vids Uber?
                                Originally posted by Lida
                                Time to take my meds and rest.

Take care everyone and keep the bright torch of Samanda burning, so I can find my way home. While I'm on sick leave, please use Lys for any medical or psychological emergencies!

HIC COMITAS REGIT
                                I'll miss you Lida - get well soon
                                Yes we all noticed - it seems that the Scifi channel isnt a paradigm of modern thought

Nice to see you around

Indeed

Captions please:

gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                                love Torri

Comment

Working...
                                X