Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    WHAT?!

(how about them running off to reno in an elopement?)

sally
    I don't care if they get married by an Elvis impersonator in Vegas----as long as they get married!

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
      Simple solution to this problem. Put AT and RDA alone together in a room and tell them to somehow work in a "Grace"-style kiss, no other instructions. Seems like the best S/J moments come from Rick and Amanda, rather than the writers.

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
        I didn't quite get that impression. While it's certainly not hard to imagine them 'going behind closed doors', I think the 'intimate moment' they were referring to is not anything to do with sex but with that mind sharing thing they did. Intimate doesnt have to be sexual

thanks, AD.

i so want to believe this, but the dialog and reactions in that scene told me otherwise.

but for just a moment, i'll let myself think like you...

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
          Thanks for the fic recs (and links), AD!

Here's a fic that I just read yesterday - it's an AU version of the early years of the SGC and SG-1... it starts with a Colonel Sam Carter - I like the way that she's written - strong and competent and smart.... there is also some fantastically snarky and funny dialogue between all of the characters... oh, and there is some S/J (but give it a chance, AD, I think you'll like the writer's snarky sense of humor).

Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own It's still a work-in-progress.
          WELCOME BACK, ASTRO!!!

And I absolutely love this fic, btw. Sam is beyond awesome in this story. So very cool!

Ripple Effect...
          Spoiler:
          It's a variation of Sam like this one that makes me wonder how Ripple Effect is gonna pan out. I love Geek!Sam, but I want to see an exceptionally Snarky!Sam like this, if that's possible.

Also, for those who followed the famous statutory rape case in the States, one of the editorialists for TV Guide online said this in their uncharacteristically lengthy (and judgment-free) review of TFH: "Listening to young Orlin discuss his deep feelings for Sam over a heinous PB&J sandwich recalled of a sci-fi version of the Mary Kay LeTourneau case, only charming and sensibly unrequited by Sam." Heh heh. You can find the whole review Here .

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
            Ok, so not everything in season 9 has gone as we wanted. How about we make a list of things that were good? There was a lot of stuff that we speculated about before, and got ourselves quite worried about, which I'm assuming never happened.

Season 9 nightmares that never came true:
            1. Sam did not get Tokrafyed.
            2. Sam did not become a civilian (jckfan)
            3. She was off being head of R&D at Area 51 rather than doing something meaningless and trivial (strix)
            etc...
            I'm glad that Sam came back and that season 9 isn't about her relationships with every random guy they used to have hanging around her doing puppy dog eyes. Sorry for all the shippers here, but I'm not ready for a wedding in the gate room.

And deepspace, your sig is beautiful.
            Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              they do. the t-shirts looked great and there was no reason to have then running around sleeveless....other than, i'm sure 'research shows that sleevelsss ups the sex appeal'

that's the problem with the skiffy folks. they base thier decisions off research, which is so out of touch with the 'real' fans it's not even funny
              I agree. The sleeveless tops were meaningless. I have always felt uncomfortable with the season 7 promo pics because of them. Sure they all looked great but they didn't look like SG1. I felt cheated.

Comment

spoilers for s9's fourth horseman

Spoiler:
                i wish they'd picked a different actor to play the child orlin. he's good enough, but it makes me feel the same way that the mini jack did in fragile balance - like they're not the characters they're supposed to be portraying.

if sean patrick flannery would have been available to play orlin again, it scares me a lot to wonder what sam/orlin stuff they would have included. but sean was great as orlin, and gave believability for sam's actions and reactions. this portrayal of orlin as a child didn't.

i still can't believe they're saying sam and orlin had sex in ascension...

someone tell me they didn't.

sally
                I had no problems with both of the young actors. I think they did a fantastic job.
                However, I was very uncomfortable with the ending of Fragile Balance. The way Mini-Jack looked at all the girls in the school yard was wrong in my opinion because he wasn't a younger version of Jack in his mind. He was supposed to have all the memories and experience of the real Jack.
                Spoiler:
                For me this was bordering more on pedophilia than the scene in Fourth Horseman when Lam and Landry ask Sam about her relationship with Orlin

Comment

What a *wonderful* photocollage for your sig pic, deepspace!
                  Five stars
                  - and five blue jellos!

I tried to rep you, but even after being away for weeks and weeks, I'm *still* locked out of the green jello fridge! Harumph!

Wooooooooooooo !!!!!

Astro is back !!!!!!

Comment

WB Astro

Hey DoS did I tell you about the Moebius re-write I've been working on?

It's nowhere near ready, but I'm always up for beta readers.

I think this discussion happened a few pages back (I'm planning a wedding, it's time consuming) but I never bought Geek!Sam. Although I think Amanda did a brilliant job adn she cracked me up with the facial gymnastics... I just don't buy Carter being that....ummm.. un cool. There's something very cool about Carter and I don't buy that it came from her military training.. didn't seem to in the other realities.. so yeah by Moebius II I was thinking Sam would kick her own ass were it that they met. Which of course means Amanda did a brilliant job.

So my answer... write my own version of a Sam for Moebius.

PS. Am I the only one who found the stacked SG-1 gear in Moebius II in the weapons cache incredibly sad and poignant amongst the hilarity?

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                    WELCOME BACK, ASTRO!!!

And I absolutely love this fic, btw. Sam is beyond awesome in this story. So very cool!

Ripple Effect...
                    Spoiler:
                    It's a variation of Sam like this one that makes me wonder how Ripple Effect is gonna pan out. I love Geek!Sam, but I want to see an exceptionally Snarky!Sam like this, if that's possible.

Also, for those who followed the famous statutory rape case in the States, one of the editorialists for TV Guide online said this in their uncharacteristically lengthy (and judgment-free) review of TFH: "Listening to young Orlin discuss his deep feelings for Sam over a heinous PB&J sandwich recalled of a sci-fi version of the Mary Kay LeTourneau case, only charming and sensibly unrequited by Sam." Heh heh. You can find the whole review Here .
                    sigpic

Comment

3000% agreed

Rick & Amanda seem to have an understanding of the grace of their attraction, far better than the written version apparently. Although there's a line in the script of 2010 I wish had stayed in

Originally posted by parsifal
                      Simple solution to this problem. Put AT and RDA alone together in a room and tell them to somehow work in a "Grace"-style kiss, no other instructions. Seems like the best S/J moments come from Rick and Amanda, rather than the writers.
                      sigpic

Comment

What a *wonderful* photocollage for your sig pic, deepspace!
                        <>
                        I tried to rep you, but even after being away for weeks and weeks, I'm *still* locked out of the green jello fridge! Harumph!
                        Astro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        *huge hug*
                        This has truly turned out to be a great day *grin*
                        I've missed you!
                        And thankyou . I feel incredibly honoured that the first post you made when you got back was in reply to my sig pic. That was awesome of you.

Thanks for your nice comments about it, and to everyone who said they liked it. It's the best I've done so far, so even if it's not up there with the pro's, I'm glad you all like it.

Oh, I am so incredibly happy tonight. This week is like a complete contrast to last week. (Ok, so what that there's only been one day of this week so far, one day makes up for all the other crappy days.)

PS: Astro, you don't mind the fact that I've incorporated your pic of sam looking out the window of the death glider? It's just that that was always your sig pic, you know. Is it ok if we both use it? As far as I'm concerned the more pics of Sam looking at Earth plastered over these pages the better, but I don't want to tread on your toes by using it.
                        Last edited by deepspace; 19 September 2005, 03:25 AM.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

*Blink* *Blink* I'm pretty!

Luckily, we all know that Sam is much more than just a pretty face.
                          Wow, what a great job to get a pic of sam every time she's in dress uniform! Brilliant Kat!

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

i know they've slowly reintroduced sam into the foray, but i feel it's with as much depth as a puddle. okay, it's not really that bad, but i'm feeling like the spice of her character is missing. what are her motivations for what she's doing? these are great *scenes* we're seeing with sam, but *who is sam* now?
                            Actually, I think it really is that bad.

On edit:
                            Argh, and here I'm starting off the day on a negative note...
                            Happy thoughts... <brain searches for something, comes up empty> uh... maybe I'll have to make one of those demotivators for a laugh...
                            Last edited by Strix varia; 19 September 2005, 03:48 AM.

My LJ

Comment

I've been watching a certain video again. Yep, you know which one I'm talking about . I just can't get tired of it. Uber, I also notice the cover page to your website has been changing slightly too .

I was voting in the wallpapers section again, and I was looking at Sky's one. It looks like coronal mass ejections from the sun in the background, in blue. I really love that picture.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                                Actually, I think it really is that bad.
                                Yeah! Is it just me or does the whole show seem...darker now? Someone here mentioned how
                                Spoiler:
                                Sam smiles much less, I have to say I noticed that as well.....and the ribbing between Dr. Lee and Cam. I don't remember the humour coming so much from ripping on each other in earlier seasons.....

It could just be me.....I AM off my medication now (JK!!!!)
                                If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
                                proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
                                Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Working...
                                X