Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AGateFan
    Funny thing about the tank tops is that they all look soo much better in the normal t-shirts (IMHO).
    they do. the t-shirts looked great and there was no reason to have then running around sleeveless....other than, i'm sure 'research shows that sleevelsss ups the sex appeal'

that's the problem with the skiffy folks. they base thier decisions off research, which is so out of touch with the 'real' fans it's not even funny
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Season 9 nightmares that never came true:
      1. Sam did not get Tokrafyed.
      2. Sam did not become a civilian (jckfan)
      3. She was off being head of R&D at Area 51 rather than doing something meaningless and trivial (strix)
      etc...

Great guys! This is exactly what I was after. Fun and positive. Keep going people !

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

4. no wedding on the ramp (sorry shippers, i personally love hints, but i sincerely doubt the abilty of tptb to pull off a wedding without it being cheesy to the extreme)

sigpic

Comment

While I absolutely love the sig Kat made me, I just want a bit of a change for a while. I've made this, but I'll need Sky to tell me as soon as possible whether it's outside of forum regulations.

(this is just a large version of the pic, the sig would be resised smaller)

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

content wise it's fine, i think as long a it's smaller than 50K, you'll be fine

and it's GORGOUS!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              4. no wedding on the ramp (sorry shippers, i personally love hints, but i sincerely doubt the abilty of tptb to pull off a wedding without it being cheesy to the extreme)
              Hallelujah for that.

To add to this list () Sam wasn't bumped off to another serious romantic pairing after the Chronicals of Pete. (I hope...I didn't like the goony look on that one agents face...)
              TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                content wise it's fine, i think as long a it's smaller than 50K, you'll be fine

and it's GORGOUS!!
                Gosh, thanks sky.
                *blushes*

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                  While I absolutely love the sig Kat made me, I just want a bit of a change for a while. I've made this, but I'll need Sky to tell me as soon as possible whether it's outside of forum regulations.
                  Wow, fantastic job, deepspace. I love it. It's a great idea, it fits well, and it looks awesome. Would have greened you, but need to spread around - you know the story.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

http://photobucket.com/albums/y218/d...r/12c2ff94.jpg
                    Very Nice!

...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

[QUOTE=deepspace]Season 9 nightmares that never came true:
                      3. She was off being head of R&D at Area 51 rather than doing something meaningless and trivial (strix)
                      etc...

[QUOTE]

Glad to see you back, deepspace!!

Here are some possible ones:

Sam has not made more mistakes just for the sake of the plot.
                      Sam has not had to call Mitchell sir.
                      Sam has not really taken orders from Mitchell--she seems just as much in command even though he is the official leader.
                      Sam's personal life is really on the back burner, and science/soldier Sam is up front.
                      Sam was not in the background in the last two episodes!

I'm grateful that AT came back to work this season. (I hope she'll sign up for season 10, if there is one, hence why I like that interview's title she did awhile ago, "Why I'll Never Quit Stargate.") I can't imagine having her schedule, but AT seems to thrive on being busy---lucky for us.

To see Sam come up with solutions (and often under pressure) and to see her conduct herself as a competent military Lt. Col. this season is fabulous to me---I've read posts at different places from moms and dads saying that her character inspired their daughters to go into science---can't beat that.

Comment

http://photobucket.com/albums/y218/d...r/12c2ff94.jpg
                        Wow, it looks great, deepspace. Wish I could do something so cool...

My LJ

Comment

Ok, so not everything in season 9 has gone as we wanted. How about we make a list of things that were good? There was a lot of stuff that we speculated about before, and got ourselves quite worried about, which I'm assuming never happened.

Season 9 nightmares that never came true:
                          etc...

Gosh, see I am a shipper and I know most people here cringe at Sam's personal life (and hey that's okay) , but I wish there were some acknowledgement that Sam and Jack are dating. (I'm not saying dedicate a whole show to it, but at least something subtle like phone calls or a mention of his name until the series final then I will want a little more proof.) There have been hints of something more for eight years and after Threads I was hoping for something. I don't understand why Sam can't be Soldier Sam, Scientist Sam, Hero Sam, Leader Sam and Sam the woman who through all the hectic life threatening ingenious ideas that kept the Stargate and Earth from being destroyed for 9 years found love (of course I'm talking about Jack). I like all sides of Sam.

As far as Season 9 Nightmares go: I'm glad Sam came back to the SGC (I wish she were the leader of SG-1 I still hold out hope TPTB will see the light) . I was worried TPTB were going to use her as a reoccurring character (If AT had requested it then I would be okay with it as long as someone told me). The last two episodes and AT's last interview indicated Sam is back and we will get to see her more in the 2nd half.

Comment

Oh by the way Deepspace I love your new sig!! Awsome!

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                              Gosh, see I am a shipper and I know most people here cringe at Sam's personal life (and hey that's okay) , but I wish there were some acknowledgement that Sam and Jack are dating.
                              And I just as strongly wish they didn't. So right there you can see the problem that the PTB have

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                                And I just as strongly wish they didn't. So right there you can see the problem that the PTB have

Yes I know.[sigh] TPTB will treat it that the same way they do every conflicting story arc. Ignore it and hope the fans will forget about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X