X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Qasim
    I use BSplayer to make my screencaps just press 'P' on your keyboard

Heres a tutorial
    Thanks for that Qas. I'm downloading the free version now.
    You see, i er...
    I used my camera to take the last lot of screenshots .

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Ok, so pretty much everyone is saying that Sam hasn't regained leadership of SG1, and Cam's in charge but he's acting like an idiot.

However, all the official stuff put aside, whether he is leading SG1 or not, is Sam still a big part of the team?

Remember, there was a time when Sam wasn't in charge of SG1, back when she was just a little Captain, and then a Major. She only got the occasional command back then, but she was still a great character, and she got to do a lot. Maybe more than she did when she got given command of SG1. So what I'm trying to say is, maybe Sam doesn't have to lead the team to still have a lot to do with the action. I know our original dreams were for Sam to be the kick-ass Lt.Colonel who led SG1, but it doesn't look like that's the case. However maybe we're spending too much time bemoaning the fact that she's not leading, and are in the process not just enjoying her involvement in the team at all? Because I haven't seen the season 9 return of Sam, I'm really not qualified to even be trying to discuss this, but it's just something I'd like people's opinions on.
      So, if Sam was still a minor ranking military officer, would her current involvement equal that of previous earlier seasons?

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
        CAPTIONS??

Headaches? Anti-Prior Guns? Where’s a button I can push?
        SG1 leader? Sure, tell yourself that.

Comment

I rewatched the beginning of Bablylon.
          Spoiler:
          Carter is definitely on high alert as soon as Teal'c signals to stop & she kind of rolls her eyes at Cam after his Teal'c imitation. I get the impression that she may like him but her jury is out on his leadership skills.

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
            Ok, so pretty much everyone is saying that Sam hasn't regained leadership of SG1, and Cam's in charge but he's acting like an idiot.

However, all the official stuff put aside, whether he is leading SG1 or not, is Sam still a big part of the team?

Remember, there was a time when Sam wasn't in charge of SG1, back when she was just a little Captain, and then a Major. She only got the occasional command back then, but she was still a great character, and she got to do a lot. Maybe more than she did when she got given command of SG1. So what I'm trying to say is, maybe Sam doesn't have to lead the team to still have a lot to do with the action. I know our original dreams were for Sam to be the kick-ass Lt.Colonel who led SG1, but it doesn't look like that's the case. However maybe we're spending too much time bemoaning the fact that she's not leading, and are in the process not just enjoying her involvement in the team at all? Because I haven't seen the season 9 return of Sam, I'm really not qualified to even be trying to discuss this, but it's just something I'd like people's opinions on.
            So, if Sam was still a minor ranking military officer, would her current involvement equal that of previous earlier seasons?
            My official stance is that if Sam isn't getting command back and she is okay with all this, I want to know why.

Sam is an ambitious Air Force officer. Why then would she be happy taking a massive step backwards careerwise by filling a position she held two years and two commands ago?

That screams plot device to me...but then so does most everything else dealing with Cam's involvement with the show.

I'm angry at TPTB because they're making an issue where there didn't have to be one. I hope they tell us the truth either way...and stupid me, I'm still hoping that they'll keep good on what they've been saying for months.

How naive is that?

And just because I'm in a way cynical mood, I'll repost a few of my Demotivators...with the hopes that others of you will continue to make more:

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Ok, so not everything in season 9 has gone as we wanted. How about we make a list of things that were good? There was a lot of stuff that we speculated about before, and got ourselves quite worried about, which I'm assuming never happened.

Season 9 nightmares that never came true:
              1. Sam did not get Tokrafyed.
              2. Sam did not become a civilian (jckfan)
              3. She was off being head of R&D at Area 51 rather than doing something meaningless and trivial (strix)
              etc...
              Last edited by deepspace; 18 September 2005, 04:23 PM.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                My official stance is that if Sam isn't getting command back and she is okay with all this, I want to know why.

Sam is an ambitious Air Force officer. Why then would she be happy taking a massive step backwards careerwise by filling a position she held two years and two commands ago?

That screams plot device to me...but then so does most everything else dealing with Cam's involvement with the show.

I'm angry at TPTB because they're making an issue where there didn't have to be one. I hope they tell us the truth either way...and stupid me, I'm still hoping that they'll keep good on what they've been saying for months.

How naive is that?

And just because I'm in a way cynical mood, I'll repost a few of my Demotivators...with the hopes that others of you will continue to make more:

Ok, so please do tell, what exactly is required in a demotivator? I've gotten a rough idea from everyone elses brilliant ones, but what kind of concept do you have to take? Demotivation is the opposite of motivation, right? So has it got to be something negative then?

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Ok, so not everything in season 9 has gone as we wanted. How about we make a list of things that were good? There was a lot of stuff that we speculated about before, and got ourselves quite worried about, which I'm assuming never happened.

etc...
                  Great idea deepspace. I'd add: Sam did not become a civilian.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                    Great idea deepspace. I'd add: Sam did not become a civilian.
                    This was the one that worried me the most.
                    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I could add that I’m glad Sam didn’t get pregnant but to be honest I never thought Stargate would ever do something that cheesy so I guess it wasn’t a real fear.

I could say I’m glad Sam didn’t get married but I would probably be insulting a lot of people here so I won’t say that.

I could say I was afraid Sam would get scrwd over, where it came to command, but that did basically happen so that doesn’t count.

I think I will go with choice number one I’m glad Sam did not become a civilian.
                      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

How naive is that?
                        cool:
                        <<my snips>>

In other words, IMO, the PTB disrupted the consistency of the series. One can be creative with whatever one develops, but if the thread of logic breaks, one must do something about it, or the previous events make no sense. To do nothing gives us fans exactly what we're in now: confusion and irritation.

We have heard all kinds of reasons for there to be no 'ships; fine, Sci-Fi has engaged advisors from the RL US Air Force and wants to be somewhat authentic. Same with weapons, uniforms and ranks. OK. As fans we bought into it mostly. But now? Is the Air Force ok with the image of jumping an officer up to a position he had no expertise in? Especially in a highly select, save-the-universe team such as SG1? And if they are, viewers are not.

As many of us have surmised, the leadership of SG1 has been decided, and its Cam. But if the PTB don't intend to insult its viewership, they need a definitive episode that makes sense of this. They gave us a fully realized character of high moral and intellectual and military accomplishment, and she's ok with this because...? I feel an ep on this is coming, but then, I'm just a fan whose brain synapses are trying to bridge this logic gap, FCOL.

Oh, and just to clarify: I am NOT making this a Sam vs Cam thingy. Cam's ok, and BB is a fave from Farscape and beyond. Just keeping things in context. So there.

Just sayin'.
                        MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                        sigpic
                        Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

i totally understand where you guys are coming from. personally? while i don't have anything against cameron, he so is not acting like a competant officer.

what i see, 'real life' wise is a prime example of someone with questionable qualifications being moved into a position of power because he has the right friends. and sadly enough, i have so much of this where i work we have a phrase for it: FO_. Friends of ______.

does cameron have potential? heck yes. but honestly, he's acting so immature so much of the time that i want to whack him.

he's a lt colonel in the freaking us air force. he was a squadron leader. while i do know that folks have thier quirks and nits and such, jack at his worst acted better (command wise) than cameron has

what i do think, again personally, is that the air force doesn't have as much impact on the show that they used to. i hold up the tank tops of s8 as a prime example. I think, scifi, is more concerned about appealing to the young male crowd by putting forth a 'loveable maverick' image for cam instead of being so fussed about whether or not he's a 'good' image of an officer
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Funny thing about the tank tops is that they all look soo much better in the normal t-shirts (IMHO).

Comment

Ok, so please do tell, what exactly is required in a demotivator? I've gotten a rough idea from everyone elses brilliant ones, but what kind of concept do you have to take? Demotivation is the opposite of motivation, right? So has it got to be something negative then?
                              You can go to www.despair.com for actual graphics and quotes to manipulate...adding a Stargate theme to them...or you can make up your own.

Both ways work quite well...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

etc...
                                She was off being head of R&D at Area 51 rather than doing something meaningless and trivial...

And, well, for my part, she is not married to Jack... (sorry Sally! )

I'd like to say that they aren't focusing on her private life this season, but it somehow keeps creeping into the dialogue... Still we're seeing more of scientist Sam, which is good.

My LJ

Comment

Working...
                                X