Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    Cam once again proves he has no business leading SG-1.

Spoiler:
    I cringed in Prototype when he contacted the SGC and referred to himself as SG-1 Leader...and then he turned around and proved he had no business leading the team by touching things he had no business touching.

Did anyone else get that feeling too?????

Ditto right there. I shouted at the TV "FOOL! DON'T TOUCH THAT!!" Amoung other things. That's right, "SG-1 saviour", press the Big Blue Button, maybe the mechanical claw will go for the orange one. Jack - even though he could be a ninny at times - doesn't go touching things! My god, it could be a nuke button! They could all get blown to Valhalla! Does this guy have any training at ALL???

Ok, I'm done.

Meanwhile, I thought the mini-orlin thing was pretty funny in 4th Horseman. Man, I bet that mess hall bit has some sweet bloopers. AT held the smirks back though. Good for her. I was sniggling all the way. Why they chose Cameron Bright though I dunno... to be honest, the kid creeps me out...and from a certain angle could actually be related to AT...that could just be me though, lol.

Mom mentioned she's noticed At doesn't seem to smile as much as she did in the previous seasons. I gotta say, I think she's right. She doesn't seem as comfy or I dunno, energetic? I think she's done a stellar job though, holding it together this season. At least there's still familiar faces there, eh? I don't mean to sound to Anti-S9, I just noticed...

And then there were Three...
    TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
      Ditto right there. I shouted at the TV
      Spoiler:
      "FOOL! DON'T TOUCH THAT!!" Amoung other things. That's right, "SG-1 saviour", press the Big Blue Button, maybe the mechanical claw will go for the orange one. Jack - even though he could be a ninny at times - doesn't go touching things! My god, it could be a nuke button! They could all get blown to Valhalla! Does this guy have any training at ALL???

Ok, I'm done.

Meanwhile, I thought the
      Spoiler:
      mini-orlin thing was pretty funny in 4th Horseman. Man, I bet that mess hall bit has some sweet bloopers. AT held the smirks back though. Good for her. I was sniggling all the way. Why they chose Cameron Bright though I dunno... to be honest, the kid creeps me out...and from a certain angle could actually be related to AT...that could just be me though, lol.

Mom mentioned she's noticed At doesn't seem to smile as much as she did in the previous seasons. I gotta say, I think she's right. She doesn't seem as comfy or I dunno, energetic? I think she's done a stellar job though, holding it together this season. At least there's still familiar faces there, eh? I don't mean to sound to Anti-S9, I just noticed...

And then there were Three...
      She seemed more like Sam tonight than in the other episodes this season though...which makes sense because it mirrors Amanda's own discomfort at returning late...

Her scenes with Dr. Lee were great too...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
        Glad you decided to stay deepspace.
        Mee, too, deepspace.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

She seemed more like Sam tonight than in the other episodes this season though...which makes sense because it mirrors Amanda's own discomfort at returning late...

I liked the episodes tonight. Still feels a bit off, though. When I watched as
          Spoiler:
          Mitchell said "SG-1 leader"
          I thought of ya'll. I laughed when Daniel
          Spoiler:
          yelled "NEW GUY!"

I'd like to think that
          Spoiler:
          Sam was listening to Opera on her iPod. Given to her, perhaps by a certain guy who's currently in DC?
          sigpic

Comment

Alright it's time for someone else to take post on "THAT" thread. I'm a little too tired right now.

Spaz? Bink? MG???

Tag...you're it...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I agree. For the first time this season I got the total Sam vibe. Amanda did an outstanding job in these two episodes. We had everything. Soldier!Sam, lots of Scientist!Sam, funny Sam, smirky Sam. I can't say it enough, Amanda amazes me every time again. Although I should expect great acting from her, I am blown away every time again. That is when TPTB actually give her enough screen time to get a chance, but even then she makes the most out of it.
              It all is so natural, so believeable, and of course, these great expressions on her face, man, what a great actress.
              And before anybody gets any weird ideas, I am a woman, who simply admires Sam and Amanda, and I am happily married.
              Which brings me to the only creepy part of tonight - young Orlin. It was just about at the threshold for me, one step further, and I would have screamed. Can't help it, but I don't like this kind of storyline. That kid already creeped me out in the movie with Nicole Kidman, which is probably why they picked him, but come on. And by that I am not saying that it wasn't good acting, far from it, Amanda was amazing.
              Anyways, just my 2 cents on the topic - Class A(AA) acting from Amanda tonight. Yippee, "our Sam" is definitely back.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Cam once again proves he has no business leading SG-1.

Spoiler:
                I cringed in Prototype when he contacted the SGC and referred to himself as SG-1 Leader...and then he turned around and proved he had no business leading the team by touching things he had no business touching.

Did anyone else get that feeling too?????

I did! I also cringed when he:
                Spoiler:

1) Touched the button on the stasis unit in the lab, releasing the Prototype;
                2) When the guy had locked them out of the gateroom near the end of the ep, Mitchell just stood outside, sliding his access card through the slot!!!!! It made me think of someone who doesn't know how to work an ATM! Duh!!!!
                Actually, the last one just made me kinda sick.

Otherwise, interesting ep!

Comment

Mitchell: "SGC, this is Sg-1 leader."
                  Damn it, I missed that the first time around. What the h...
                  I liked Daniel's "NEW guy" line much better.
                  Sam seemed so much more in charge in that ep and SOOOO much more qualified.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

All right.....happy with Prototype. Getting ready to watch Fourth Horseman (some of that RL stuff got in the way). Not coming back til I've seen the 4th H. Before I go, just a couple of comments on some of the earlier conversations.
                    Originally posted by Skydiver
                    sometimes i think that joe knows just how interested folks are in sam and so is using taht interest to breed anticipation
                    Ya think? Ah, for cryin’ out loud, Sky! Of course, he does!
                    Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                    Nothing against the thunk threads of course, but I'm willing to bet that this is the thread that has the most 'substance' to it
                    Ya think? Ah, for cryin’ out loud, AD! Of course it does!
                    Originally posted by Qasim
                    They are the preserve of 'fangirls'
                    And “Gutter Gals.” The women on the RDA Thunk Thread call themselves ‘Gutter Gals.”
                    ((forever))
                    been there, done that. it's now been decided that friday night is the night to change the beds, do the laundry and the such
                    i just stick an extra tape in and tape on a second vcr
                    No! Sunday is the night to change beds, do laundry, etc. You have it all wrong! (Tee-hee!)

Love ya, Samanda!

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
                      Mitchell: "SGC, this is Sg-1 leader."
                      Damn it, I missed that the first time around. What the h...
                      I liked Daniel's "NEW guy" line much better.
                      Sam seemed so much more in charge in that ep and SOOOO much more qualified.
                      Makes me wonder what JM meant when he said Cam was the leader of SG-1 "at least for the first few episodes." Well, we're a few episodes into the season...and what? He calls himself the leader then does something to prove he's not experienced enough for the job. TWICE.

So what is it? When is that cut-off point? What did JM mean?

I'm confused as to why go to the trouble of saying Cam's leading while Sam's away, saying he's a temp etc...if they really aren't going to say what that means.

Comment

here's the pendant...i'm still watching the eps for the first times, so more bout that sometime tomorrow
                        Attached Files
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

here's the pendant...i'm still watching the eps for the first times, so more bout that sometime tomorrow
                          Ok, let me be the first to say......

Will the friend take orders? And how much will it cost? I'm ready to write a check right now! That's what I want.....the Earth symbol. And garnet is my favorite stone......so......gotta have one!!!

It could be our official Samandan jewelry!!!!!

Comment

*Chariots of Fire plays as she races in slo-mo to be first in line*
                            TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA

*Chariots of Fire plays as she races in slo-mo to be first in line*
                              *Mary Beth elbows Osiris-RA in the face (still in slo-mo of course) sending her CRASHING to the ground...propelling MB far into the lead of the other suckers, I mean, friends, in line...*

*Oh and Mary Beth grabs her P90, takes aim and blows away the loudspeakers blaring the Chariots of Fire music...*

Muahahaaaahaaaa!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                                Ok, let me be the first to say......

Will the friend take orders? And how much will it cost? I'm ready to write a check right now! That's what I want.....the Earth symbol. And garnet is my favorite stone......so......gotta have one!!!

It could be our official Samandan jewelry!!!!!
                                Wow, that Pendant is AMAZING. Seriously, do you think you're friend will take orders. I would sooo love one of those. Could you please ask her, please!!!!

BTW - Did anybody catch the name of the band Dr. Lee was "listening to" when Sam came in and wasn't too happy about it. Something like dark paranoia??? Thanks guys.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Working...
                                X