Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deepspace
    Did anyone else hear that Stargate:The Alliance computer game has been pulled? Looks like we won't be able to play as Sam after all. I was looking forward to that game.
    Yeah it was pulled a while back

A legal battle is going on between Perception (the developer) and JoWood (the distributor) over who owns the rights to it

So we wont know anything until the outcome of the legal action
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Oh dang it, I'm just posting nonsense tonight. I might as well go to bed. I had hoped I might be able to get over my stupid PM woes by posting, but I've not got anything to say.
      Nobody listen to me, I'm mostly talking to myself right now, I'm not trying to sound sad and pathetic.
      Tomorrow. Tomorrow I am going to come on here and actually sit down and write about Sam. Full stop.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
        Oh dang it, I'm just posting nonsense tonight. I might as well go to bed.
        Sleep well and stop thinking about PM's
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

/* OT Rant */

Friday is my night. It's the one night of the week where I close the door to my bedroom and turn on the television and ignore my family for an hour. Good or bad, with Sam or without, it's become my one hour of solitude. So I find myself sitting here on the last friday before winter hiatus asking myself how I managed to get myself into my current predicament. Ten hours until Scifi runs back-to-back episodes of Stargate and not only does my husband tell me he has a business dinner tonight, but my parents call and say they are coming to visit and they'll be here by late afternoon.

I love my family... really I do, but couldn't they have done all this NEXT week? I won't have anything to do next week. Stargate will be over. They could have my complete attention, but NO!! Anyway, Tivo's all set up to tape and where I would have normally been counting down the hours until seven p.m, I now find myself sitting here wondering what exactly was I thinking when I agreed to all this. It was case of temporary insanity I tell ya.

Oh well... here's hoping for a solid, kick@ss episode that will keep us all clinching our teeth until January (or December for those of us overseas or willing to download ). Though I won't be with you all tonight watching our beloved Sam, know that you will all be in my thoughts ( my envious thoughts, because you will actually be watching it and I won't )

Comment

((forever))

been there, done that. it's now been decided that friday night is the night to change the beds, do the laundry and the such

i just stick an extra tape in and tape on a second vcr

as to samanda not being the most prolific thread, look at how old those others are, i think we're the youngest, so we'll always lag behind a bit
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
              /* OT Rant */

Friday is my night. It's the one night of the week where I close the door to my bedroom and turn on the television and ignore my family for an hour. Good or bad, with Sam or without, it's become my one hour of solitude. So I find myself sitting here on the last friday before winter hiatus asking myself how I managed to get myself into my current predicament. Ten hours until Scifi runs back-to-back episodes of Stargate and not only does my husband tell me he has a business dinner tonight, but my parents call and say they are coming to visit and they'll be here by late afternoon.

I love my family... really I do, but couldn't they have done all this NEXT week? I won't have anything to do next week. Stargate will be over. They could have my complete attention, but NO!! Anyway, Tivo's all set up to tape and where I would have normally been counting down the hours until seven p.m, I now find myself sitting here wondering what exactly was I thinking when I agreed to all this. It was case of temporary insanity I tell ya.

Oh well... here's hoping for a solid, kick@ss episode that will keep us all clinching our teeth until January (or December for those of us overseas or willing to download ). Though I won't be with you all tonight watching our beloved Sam, know that you will all be in my thoughts ( my envious thoughts, because you will actually be watching it and I won't )
              Oh, forever, I can totally relate. I've NEVER been able to actually watch Stargate when its on. Most weeks I don't get around to it until Tuesday. So, I'm with you, I will not be watching tonight with the rest of Samanda either. I will send you my "buck up soldier Sam" vibes tonight.

I know what you mean about agreeing to stuff when you don't really want to. Especially when it comes to family, sometimes its just easier to say yes. Its one of the things I'm working on trying to in RL. (Ironically enough the one night I did get DH to sit and watch was the first half of Avalon 1, I wasn't about to miss the season premier.)

You aren't alone. {{{forever}}}
              If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
              proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
              Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                Do you think they would make a carter doll
                I've been trying to not post fluffs here (fluffernutters, i.e. nothing posts) but I couldn't let this go:

Oh the humanity!!! Et tu, Qas? I thought you were anti Carter doll???

Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
                  I've been trying to not post fluffs here (fluffernutters, i.e. nothing posts) but I couldn't let this go:

Oh the humanity!!! Et tu, Qas? I thought you were anti Carter doll???
                  It was supposed to be a subtle joke

From the BEHIND THE STARGATE: SECRETS REVEALED lowdown special:

BERNARD: How come there isn’t a Carter doll?
                  TAPPING: From your lips to the god of merchandising’s ears, my friend!
                  BERNARD: I mean, I’m waiting for that! That’s the one doll I would actually buy.
                  love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                    It was supposed to be a subtle joke

From the BEHIND THE STARGATE: SECRETS REVEALED lowdown special:

BERNARD: How come there isn’t a Carter doll?
                    TAPPING: From your lips to the god of merchandising’s ears, my friend!
                    BERNARD: I mean, I’m waiting for that! That’s the one doll I would actually buy.
                    I know, and I joked you right back....but I was referring to one of your earliest posts here: "well its not like she's some blowup doll"

LOL

Seriously, thanks for posting the survey, I'm going to put in my .000002. Personally, I'd love quality sterling silver Stargate jewelry. A doll would be nice but my kid would just take it and thrash on it....

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
                      A doll would be nice but my kid would just take it and thrash on it....
                      Cant compare to Mr. Potato Head eh
                      love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                        I personally question whether or not they stayed in Ancient Egypt. Good intentions aside...it would have driven them nuts.

Plus I've come up with a viable reason why they would have left Ancient Egypt in the PJ and travelled to the future...

It's a little brain drizzle I'm concocting...

Well, hop to it, Lady!

I love Moebius fics. I'm fine with Threads fics, but Geek!Team fics, where OUR Daniel (or... the FIRST version of OUR Daniel. yipes.) is left behind and has to deal with the deaths of Teal'c, Sam and Jack the First. Those are really cool. I think I've read at least three or four where that kinda stuff has been addressed. Very sad.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                          what past romance? orlin liked her a lot, sam enjoyed the attention, but at no time did i see *them = as in orlin AND sam* going in 'that' direction.

anyone else see it?

sally

Calm down, Sally. I didn't exactly see it either, but they were apparently being led down that path in the episode. He liked her; she was single. Blah, blah, blah. He's another chink in her BWC.

Besides... There's a reason why I put quotes around it.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                            Howdy all - Well this week has been crazy for me - I was trying to get caught up on what has been going on here the last few days tonight - but I'm to tired to read every thing. I see you have been talking about "Ascension" and the missing scene between Frasier and Sam. Well I have a copy of the writers draft to that episode which includes the scene that was filmed and then cut when the episode ran long. I'll post the dialogue for the scene here -
                            As a woman (I suppose), I really would have liked to see this scene. Normal, everyday girl talk between Sam and Janet never occurred anywhere else in the series. It sucks that it had to go.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                              As a woman (I suppose), I really would have liked to see this scene. Normal, everyday girl talk between Sam and Janet never occurred anywhere else in the series. It sucks that it had to go.
                              I couldn't agree with you more. I think this scene would have cemented the dynamics of this episode. It would have helped to see Sam have at least one authentic exchange with someone at the SGC. Let me explain.

I rewatched it yesterday during my, ahem, *nap* and from the very opening scene there seemed to be tension between all the characters. Jack kept asing "how long how long", he just wants to chalk up P3X-636 as done. When Sam was futzing with the big honkin' alien device Jack was like "don't turn that thing on." More futzing. "What did I just say???" like she's a child. He leaves, Sam futzes and opens the crystal control panel. She then rubs her eyes like she's tired or has a headache. Tension between Sam and Janet "come back to the infirmary when you start speaking Ancient." Sam: "I'm sure I won't have a choice."

On and on the the tension, the mistrust. I get the feeling that they are tired, that they are kind of on 'auto pilot', and have maybe forgotten the galactic significance of what they do. Who can blame them, lousy hours constant peril, I could see how even that could get ho hum after a while. To think that Sam is exhausted and mentally unstable rather than investigating alien presence/influence a bit more just seals it for me that they have kind of forgotten the hugeness of what they face on a regular basis. A touch of anemia doesn't affect you that way, especially when you are a trained soldier and have a proven kick@ss record.

Then comes Orlin, shaking things up. Shaking SAM up. Turning her from snappy skeptic to wide eyed wonder again as they discuss the Ancients, Oma, the "others". Contrast this with her 'friends', who are doubting her sanity. Alienation at work, Orlin at home whipping up big honkin' emeralds to go with candlelit dinner. Hmmm. I know which one I'd choose.

Honestly, I thought the scene when they are walking in the park was telling. Orlin: "You like me. You like me a lot". She doesn't deny it. Big grin. While I don't think the idea that Sam and Orlin were headed in 'that' direction is provable from what they showed, I think the possibility was there.

So, after Ascension, I see Sam going through something similar to after Jolinar died. The sharing essence thing might be similar to the blending thing. The 'having to fit back into the work groove' after going through such a personal time must have been hard. The people who have the largest role in her life are the ones who pushed her away. The one who showed her patience and understanding is gone. Seeing the sacrifice Orlin made, comparing that to her current situation and I'd say there would be quite a difficult adjustment. I would probably feel quite empty, and the 'hum drum' established at the outset of the ep would be magnified after the events with Orlin. I would feel MORE alienated, not only have my fellow SGCers mistrusted me and jumped pretty quickly to the conclusion I'm unstable, but I've been through this experience that has changed me and THEY are all still the same. More alienation, self-exile.

This exchange with Janet would have shown a personal moment with someone at the SGC. I know Jack and Hammond kind of stood up for Sam to Simmons, but IMHO too little too late. The exchange with Janet might have made Sam seem less alone, to me anyway.

Anyway, my .000002.

<--- is a closet Sam/Orlin shipper, but is wearing Aris Boch armor and is impervious to zat fire....
                              Last edited by WhatFateAlmondRoca; 16 September 2005, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                                Calm down, Sally. I didn't exactly see it either, but they were apparently being led down that path in the episode. He liked her; she was single. Blah, blah, blah. He's another chink in her BWC.

Besides... There's a reason why I put quotes around it.
                                I guess, for me, it has always seemed like there's a possibility for ship where Sam is concerned. I'm hyper-sensitive because I DON'T want it to happen every time some attractive male comes onto the show. However (as with Daniel), Sam tends to be the one who quasi-flirts with the members of the opposite sex. Since she's the only lead female on the show, it seems like it happens even MORE to her. I guess it's all about perspective. I'd be perfectly happy with her being JUST good friends with the likes of Barrett and McKay.

Though Orlin had a crush on her, and she WAS beginning to like him (perhaps as a friend?), I don't see how it could have survived very long. And I agree with WhatFate: Only the possibility was there. Thank Anubis - er, God.

Comment

Working...
                                X