No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something that I hadn't noticed before is how the ads at the top of the page change. I'm assuming that they change according to the most common theme on each page. You see, mostly it comes up with ads for Stargate dvd's, but just now I noticed two of the sites advertised were for skydiving. I thought that was kinda neat.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
      Soooo, I lasted, what? Less than 48 hours?
      This is harder than staying away from chocolate.
      Ok, so I didn't wait a week, but I've made my decision, and I'm coming back. I was watching stargate the other night, and found, that if I can't watch my favourite tv show without thinking about the forum and everything else assosciated with it, then I'm in trouble.
      Running away seems awfully cowardly. I know I can be stronger than this. Just sometimes I am lazy and take the easy road out.
      Nice to see you back deepspace - as for staying away from the forum being hard - the only way I can stay away is if I dont have the internet
      I want to particularly apologise to Qas, who I kind of scolded, even if it wasn't seriously, about wanting to start a favourite Sam hairstyle poll. That was very awful of me, and under normal circumstances I wouldn't have. I don't even disaprove of discussing Sam's hair, it just seemed a little strange to follow straight on from two serious discussion posts. If it had been in amongst other general discussion I wouldn't have even mentioned it. I'm not trying to make excuses, just attempting to say sorry, because I promised myself that I'd never publicly put down any post by a Samandan, and Qasim certainly didn't deserve it. And apologies to anyone else who I may have offended without even realising it.
      I've got a free weekend, and I figured that I really couldn't waste it completely without coming to Samanda. So stuff that stupid one week deal that I made, ok?
      Apology accepted - sorry if the post was inappropriately timed - I am still learning the ropes in here (even though it has been a while) - Deal stuffed
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

While I'm here, I just wanted to put in a good word for a science fiction movie that's coming out soon. Serenity. It's from a tv series called Firefly, and (next to Stagate of course) it's brilliant sci-fi. There's not been a lot of advertising for it, as the tv series was pulled and only a bunch of fans kept it alive and helped make the movie happen. I'm trying to tell as many friends as possible about it, and seeing as most of them are here...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

It's from a tv series called Firefly
          I saw it once I didnt really like it

Theres some threads about it in the sci-fi section
          Firefly
          Serenity (Firefly) Movie
          Serenity (2005) Discussion Thread *Contains All Manner of Spoilers*

gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

I was rewatching Moebius the other night, and I have to say I've liked it a lot better second time around. First viewing I thought it was all a little wacky, and that the acting was rather overdone. This time, I really got to appreciate Amanda's acting, and overall the story. I think I understood the whole thing a lot better, and could follow the separate storylines. And what happens??? I come on here and what Uberbrilliant Samandan has posted up Geeksam pics in mass quantity? Thanks Mary Beth, they're wonderful!

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

So, Samanda has reached 800 pages. Wow! This has got to be nearing some kind of record, right?
              There should be cake.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

I was rewatching Moebius the other night, and I have to say I've liked it a lot better second time around. First viewing I thought it was all a little wacky, and that the acting was rather overdone. This time, I really got to appreciate Amanda's acting, and overall the story. I think I understood the whole thing a lot better, and could follow the separate storylines. And what happens??? I come on here and what Uberbrilliant Samandan has posted up Geeksam pics in mass quantity? Thanks Mary Beth, they're wonderful!
                The first time I watched it I thought what the.....

But the second time I found it to hilarious and really picked up on the mannerisms etc.
                So, Samanda has reached 800 pages. Wow! This has got to be nearing some kind of record, right?
                Not quite yet

If you check the C&R index and sort by replies you get this:

RDA/Jack Thunk Thread 41,611
                Daniel/MS Thunk Thread 33,916
                Joe Flanigan/Maj. Sheppard Thunk Thread 16,828
                Sam's a great character 16,014
                love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                  And with LEADER!Sam pics too...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOT

Hey, you think JM will answer my question???

(please say yes)

i wouldn't hold my breath

sometimes i think that joe knows just how interested folks are in sam and so is using taht interest to breed anticipation
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim

Nothing against the thunk threads of course, but I'm willing to bet that this is the thread that has the most 'substance' to it

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                      Nothing against the thunk threads of course, but I'm willing to bet that this is the thread that has the most 'substance' to it
                      I was going to mention that but couldnt think of the word - thank you AD

They are the preserve of 'fangirls'
                      love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim

S/J Archive 54465
                        + current thread 12738
                        =67203 (at least)

Comment

sticking my head in for a minute. you guys remember this:
                          As many of you know, for the past 5 years, Legends Memorabilia has brought you Props and Costumes from the Stargate production studios. MGM then gave us a licence to produce a range of Stargate memorabilia items. In keeping with the high standards of the show, and knowing that you value quality, we have been diligently studying the viability of bringing you a selection of superior items that we feel would be of interest to you. These include: full size replica props, a range of miniatures, a new series of large format Limited Edition studio art prints, and a spectacular Stargate 'coffee table' art book.

Having now reached the stage that we are ready to introduce some of our new products to the market, we now feel it is important that we take one more step: to let you have your say in what else you would like to see. At the same time, we’d like you to tell us a little bit about what aspects of Stargate you like. This will help us to determine what you might like us to produce; for example, what art we should bring out as prints, or what props you would like to see as miniatures. We want to create things you'll treasure for years to come and to help achieve us this goal, we have prepared a short survey in which we would love to have you participate. This survey is now ‘live’ and can be found on our website at the following address:

http://www.stargateprops.com/survey.htm

Here you will find a few questions about you as a fan, as well as a section where you can tell us what you'd like to see in the future. We can't promise you'll get everything you ask for, but we do promise to listen!

This 'friendly' survey will not ask you for your name and address, and of course, your individual answers are strictly confidential and will not be shared with any third party. Our intention is to summarize and study the results in order that we may better understand the wishes of Stargate fans worldwide. So if you have a few spare moments, please let us know what you think.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you very much for your collective support of Legends Memorabilia over the years. We look forward to bringing you something special: we can’t wait to find out what it’s going to be.

Sincerely,

Paul Brown
                          President
                          Legends Memorabilia Inc.
                          #104 6360-202 St.
                          Langley, BC, Canada, V2Y 1N2
                          Tel: 604.534.1410
                          Fax: 604.534.5110

___

well, anyway, a friend of mine has gotten a response from them. she mentioned the sam/jack wedding pic from pov. seems that they originally had 3 of them, two of which have been sold for MASSIVE sums. they are wanting to get the third signed by both rda and at and sell it....and you know that that little collectible will go for thousands of dollars

they are also considering reproducing and selling unsigned versions which, of course, would be significantly cheaper. however, it couldn't hurt if anyone that was interested in that, let them know that fact.

if they get hundreds of fans saying that they'd like it, then it could increase the likelihood that folks would get it.

so, if you have a minute and would like to let them know, that's sweet (if you'd just like to express your opinion on another matter that's perfectly swell as well)

and if you know any shippers who'd like to take the survey, please pass it on

we could POSSIBLY have a chance to convince these folks to come out with a collectibe that, well i personally, would love to have.
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I think I'll take the SaGC being on the bottom of that list as a compliment to our kingdom. It means that we post better, right? Just not as much...

Er, methinks I'll try and shut up before I confuse myself over that.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Do you think they would make a carter doll
                              love Torri

Comment

Did anyone else hear that Stargate:The Alliance computer game has been pulled? Looks like we won't be able to play as Sam after all. I was looking forward to that game.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Working...
                                X